Windows 10: Petya ransomware encryption system cracked

Discus and support Petya ransomware encryption system cracked in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Petya ransomware victims can now unlock infected computers without paying. An unidentified programmer has produced a tool that exploits shortfalls... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Borg 386, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Borg 386 Win User

Petya ransomware encryption system cracked

Petya ransomware encryption system cracked - BBC News

:)

Borg 386, Apr 10, 2016
  2. Mitjah Win User

Ransomeware

According to
    bleepingcomputer.com
    petya ransomware can affects only MBR.

Mitjah, Apr 10, 2016
  3. Windows Defender and MBR/Petya-like ransomware

Hello.

Thank you for your feedback.

My curiosity here was not linked to detection by signatures.

Let's assume there is a 0-day (completely new) Petya variant today that signatures

cannot detect yet...

If I add the system drive to the Protected Folders list (which should protect me

from ransomware behaviors), will I be protected from MBR/GPT ransomware or not?

In Other words, does Protected Folders feature prevent only "regular" ransomware (file encrypting)

or also Boot time ones ("MBR/GPT" encrypting)?

LaurFlorin, Apr 10, 2016
  4. Borg 386 Win User

Yep, score one for the good guys*Biggrin

Borg 386, Apr 12, 2016
  5. Winuser Win User
    It would be nice if law enforcement could trace the money trail. I would like to see the people that do this go to jail.

Winuser, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Petya ransomware encryption system cracked - Similar Threads - Petya ransomware encryption

2. Files encrypted by ransomware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Files encrypted by ransomware: ATTENTION! Don't worry, you can return all your files! All your files like pictures, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key. The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you. This...
  3. Files encrypted by ransomware

Files encrypted by ransomware: Split from this thread. Cumulative updates - February 11th 2020 hi i have a problem on my computer i got a message that reads like this: ATTENTION! Don't worry, you can return all your files! All your files like photos, databases, documents and other important are...
  4. Petya Attack.

Petya Attack.: There is a new pain in the neck in the wild. Last month it was the “WannaCry” virus wreaking havoc over the internet, and now this week another ransomware exploit is rapidly expanding across Europe and the Ukraine especially. The new variant, dubbed “Petya,” uses the...
  5. Researchers crack new version of CryptXXX ransomware

Researchers crack new version of CryptXXX ransomware: Researchers from Kaspersky Lab have developed a method of decrypting files affected with the latest version of CryptXXX, a malware program that combines ransomware and information-stealing capabilities. The good news for users is that Kaspersky's researchers were able to...
  6. Warning: Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa

Warning: Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa: Warning: Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa [img] See also here: Warning: Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa 50418
  7. TeslaCrypt ransomware now impossible to crack, researchers say

TeslaCrypt ransomware now impossible to crack, researchers say: Ramsomware has become a large presence on the net. The Locky virus is another example of the new ransomware that has no way to circumvent the encryption. If you want to effectively defend against this, your best defense is to have a back up of your OS & files. Your Anti Virus...
  8. The Petya ransomware just got a whole lot worse

The Petya ransomware just got a whole lot worse: Make back ups before it strikes..... The Petya ransomware now bundles a second file-encrypting program for cases where it cannot replace a computer's master boot record to encrypt its file table. Before encrypting the MFT, Petya replaces the computer's master boot...
  9. Warning: Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa

in Windows 10 News
    Warning: Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa: Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa [img] Warning: The Petya ransomware strain signaled a new escalation for crypto-malware when it surfaced in March. For the first time, ransomware went beyond encrypting files on local and shared drives...
  10. Bad Rabbit ransomware: A new variant of Petya is spreading

in Windows 10 News
    Bad Rabbit ransomware: A new variant of Petya is spreading: Bad Rabbit, a ransomware infection thought to be a new variant of Petya, has apparently hit a number of organisations in Russia and Ukraine. In a tweet, Russian cybersecurity firm Group-IB said that at least three media organisations in the country have been hit by...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Petya gpt exploit