Windows 10: Phantom hardware

Discus and support Phantom hardware in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo laptop with 2 ssd installed no cd installed. I go to drive management and I have a cd with a dvd mounted with 3.9 GB showing I can open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by labeeman, Oct 31, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

Phantom hardware

I have a Lenovo laptop with 2 ssd installed no cd installed. I go to drive management and I have a cd with a dvd mounted with 3.9 GB showing I can open a command prompt and get a directory listing.

Phantom hardware [​IMG]

I would like to know where this hardware is?

:)

labeeman, Oct 31, 2014

2. Shaky screen in Lumia 1520 + Automatic entries

That problem is called "Ghost Touching" or "Phantom Touch" not sure if it has a proper solution. It occurs randomly and very annoying(I know...). Some say its software problem others hardware. Hope for the best but expect the worse. Its better to give
    your phone to service. You can find more
    here

Mustafa Asım, Oct 31, 2014
  3. Lumia 1520 Screen Sensitivity

Overkill's story is the same recurring account made by many - Hardware is "fixed" but then problem recurrs.

I just reset my device a few days ago and have only encountered the phantom touch issue for about 2 seconds in about 2 hours of cumulative use. Prior to reset, phone was unusable. Same hardware, no repair, no changes, different behavior. Done this a couple
    of times with identical results. The failures will return.

The key point to be understood: Not every 1520 has this problem!

Manufacturers use numerous sources for hardware. Each part number will have 2-3 suppliers. Each supplier will rev their products multiple times over a product cycle. It appears that there is either certain hardware/software/firmware versions/combinations
    that do not have this problem, or there is an operating range where operating within the magic tolerances the problem doesn't occur.

My phone had ZERO issues from Dec 2013 to Dec 2014, then voila the phantom touch problem appeared.

Btw, another similar thread:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8-wppersonal/lumia-1520-swipetap-bug-screen-sensitivity-phantom/acfcec36-acb8-4e05-bc11-6221f6ada735?page=5

Michaelslive, Oct 31, 2014
  4. Kari Win User

Phantom hardware

That's a Windows ISO image mounted as a virtual DVD. Since Windows 8 you do no longer need third party apps to mount ISO images as virtual drives. If you double click an ISO it will be mounted and is seen by system as a DVD disk in a DVD drive.

5. labeeman Win User
    Yep that is what is was. Found the eject button thanks.

labeeman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Phantom hardware

1. Phantom hardware - Similar Threads - Phantom hardware

2. How can I get rid of the phantom text that appears when one hovers over a link, file, or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get rid of the phantom text that appears when one hovers over a link, file, or...: Having an issue where, repeatedly, a text box like the type one sees when mousing over an option before clicking it will appear on my screen and remain there, even after the program it came from has been closed, even after all windows are closed, and even after restarting...
  3. How can I get rid of the phantom text that appears when one hovers over a link, file, or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get rid of the phantom text that appears when one hovers over a link, file, or...: Having an issue where, repeatedly, a text box like the type one sees when mousing over an option before clicking it will appear on my screen and remain there, even after the program it came from has been closed, even after all windows are closed, and even after restarting...
  4. what to do about a phantom account made last night and started subscription i want to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what to do about a phantom account made last night and started subscription i want to...: where did BeingMatthewSpears1 come from and when because there is a subscription in an account in which i forgot the name of it but thats not it. I dont recognize that one unless i had come up with it and abandoned it long ago. what do you think i should do about the lost...
  5. what to do about a phantom account made last night and started subscription i want to...

what to do about a phantom account made last night and started subscription i want to...: where did BeingMatthewSpears1 come from and when because there is a subscription in an account in which i forgot the name of it but thats not it. I dont recognize that one unless i had come up with it and abandoned it long ago. what do you think i should do about the lost...
  6. Phantom CD drive stays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phantom CD drive stays: I have a phantom CD drive that shows up on my explorer drive list NO MATTER WHAT I have done! I edited the registry. I have used a command prompt "drivecleanup.exe" utility, and a few other items. Windows storage management does not show it, nor does a Belarc Advisor scan,...
  7. Phantom CD drive stays

Phantom CD drive stays: I have a phantom CD drive that shows up on my explorer drive list NO MATTER WHAT I have done! I edited the registry. I have used a command prompt "drivecleanup.exe" utility, and a few other items. Windows storage management does not show it, nor does a Belarc Advisor scan,...
  8. Phantom program running? Virus? Anybody recognize this screen?

Phantom program running? Virus? Anybody recognize this screen?: My Windows 11 computer an HP is only a few months old and has been working fine so far. Today when I booted it up it appears a program is trying to install or open see attached picture. The circular timer icon goes around continuously as it does when a program is opening but...
  9. Phantom program running? Virus? Anybody recognize this screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phantom program running? Virus? Anybody recognize this screen?: My Windows 11 computer an HP is only a few months old and has been working fine so far. Today when I booted it up it appears a program is trying to install or open see attached picture. The circular timer icon goes around continuously as it does when a program is opening but...
  10. Phantom forces crashing and pc won't show display after crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phantom forces crashing and pc won't show display after crashing: Help! I was playing Roblox phantom forces, suddenly it crash and went black screen and forced restart, after restarting there is no display, please help!Specs:CPU: Intel core i7 13700KFGPU: Nvidia RTX 4070TIPSU: Antec CSK 750WCase: Cooler master MB320L CaseRAM: 4 DDR5 Corsair...