Windows 10: Philips DVD-Rom drive not recognized and no sound after 1803 update

Discus and support Philips DVD-Rom drive not recognized and no sound after 1803 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell Dimension E520, Intel Core 2 Duo, 32 bit Windows 10 Pro, 6GB RAM (3GB usable), 2 internal hard drives (160GB and 1Tb), 2 cd/dvd drives,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LoisM, May 6, 2018.

1. LoisM Win User

Philips DVD-Rom drive not recognized and no sound after 1803 update

I have a Dell Dimension E520, Intel Core 2 Duo, 32 bit Windows 10 Pro, 6GB RAM (3GB usable), 2 internal hard drives (160GB and 1Tb), 2 cd/dvd drives, SB sound card, NVIDIA GeForce 7300 display. Everything worked perfectly fine on Monday before the update. I shut-down as normal, and upon re-boot, yesterday, May 1, 208, I immediately checked for any updates. The update for 1803 started immediately. After the updated finished, and I rebooted, my sound card wasn't working and one of the cd/dvd drives was not being recognized in Device Manager with a Code 10 error. When I attempted to update the drivers, the system tells me I'm using the best drivers. Uninstalling both devices and rebooting didn't wok. The only thing that works was to restore my system back to the 1709 version; however, Windows Update wants to re-install 1803 update so I had to do a delay install to June 6th.

Not sure why everything works under the 1709 version; yet, it doesn't under 1803.

:)

LoisM, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Philips DVD-Rom drive not recognized and no sound after 1803 update

1. Philips DVD-Rom drive not recognized and no sound after 1803 update - Similar Threads - Philips DVD Rom

2. DVD ROM drives not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD ROM drives not recognized: My Dell Optiplex 7010 with Windows 10 won't detect either the built-in DVD ROM drive or the external drive I bought to replace it. The external drive appears in the "Devices and Printers" section of the Control Panel, but neither drive shows up in "This PC." The driver for...
  3. DVD ROM drives not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD ROM drives not recognized: My Dell Optiplex 7010 with Windows 10 won't detect either the built-in DVD ROM drive or the external drive I bought to replace it. The external drive appears in the "Devices and Printers" section of the Control Panel, but neither drive shows up in "This PC." The driver for...
  4. DVD ROM drives not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. DVD Rom drive

DVD Rom drive: I need an external DVD Rom drive to play some older games. I have looked at several lists and the consumer comments but none of them specifically say anything about gaming. Am I making this to difficult? I have seen them say things like "DVD Rom compatible". I bought...
  6. DVD rom drive

DVD rom drive: Why is it at times my dvd rom disappears? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-rom-drive/5323de53-2ce5-4c57-90d5-c899544812a9
  7. DVD/CD Rom Drive

DVD/CD Rom Drive: I have a game on a DVD in my DVD ROM Drive & want to transfer the game to my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-rom-drive/4534f767-eea6-4a7f-8bd2-379797ff54ec
  8. DVD/CD-ROM drive can't recognize disc

DVD/CD-ROM drive can't recognize disc: My optical drive is ATAPI iHAS124 F, and when I put a disc in, the disc doesn't show on File Explorer. When I try to open the disc in VLC Media Player, it doesn't load, and if I select DVD RW Drive (E:) when it has the disc, it would show the hourglass and then not respond....
  9. dvd/cd rom drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    dvd/cd rom drive: I cannot get my dvd/cd rom drive to work. I have a HP Pavilion 23-q014ld all in one computer. It says all of my drivers are up to date. I tried the pin hole to manually open the door and that doesn't work. I tried all of the steps of deleting and reloading the driver and...
  10. CD/DVD ROM not recognized

CD/DVD ROM not recognized: Hello everyone! Yesterday I inserted a CD to install driver for my new headset. The CD-R open, close normally and I also heard the CD spinning. But not thing happened in my laptop at all. I checked This PC: no CD drive (before upgraded to win 10, I had installed win 8.1 and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1803 update dvd not dectected