Windows 10: Phishing attacks

Discus and support Phishing attacks in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Since purchasing a new Windows 10 / Edge PC less than a month ago, it has undergone two phishing / malware attacks. The perpetrators would like you to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Carter325, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Carter325 Win User

Phishing attacks

Since purchasing a new Windows 10 / Edge PC less than a month ago, it has undergone two phishing / malware attacks. The perpetrators would like you to think that their messages are Microsoft generated (I have screenshots if anyone is interested). Note that both Windows Defender and McAfee LiveSafe are active on this machine.

Is there a way to block these attacks? Thank you.

Carter

:)

Carter325, Jul 9, 2018

2. phishing scam?

Hi Marie,

There are different types of Phishing scam, and the one that you received might be probably a
    "Deceptive Phishing" or "System Reconfiguration Attacks". For you to prevent receiving a phishing email and to be more aware about scams, we suggest that you report it by following the steps on this
    link. There are tips as well on the said link on how to determine a phishing email.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Jul 9, 2018
  3. KomouPoji Win User

Phishing attacks

KomouPoji, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

Phishing attacks

1. Phishing attacks - Similar Threads - Phishing attacks

2. Phishing email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phishing email: I got an email in my Yahoo mail, it says it is from Microsoft Teams, it looks legitimate but there is one error that makes me think it is not. I cannot find an address to send it to Microsoft. Everything I find is related to Outlook email, I don’t use Outlook email. So what...
  3. phishing attack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    phishing attack: My computer has been showing occasionally that there's some sort of Microsoft scan that has been run and I need to call Microsoft to take my computer back. I immediately turn off my computer to get out of it. I have McAfee running for security protection. I know that this is...
  4. phishing attack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    phishing attack: My computer has been showing occasionally that there's some sort of Microsoft scan that has been run and I need to call Microsoft to take my computer back. I immediately turn off my computer to get out of it. I have McAfee running for security protection. I know that this is...
  5. Sudden Phishing Attack or Rootkit or Virus ????

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sudden Phishing Attack or Rootkit or Virus ????: I have no idea what is happening. I have seen the attempt just this afternoon on three of my networked PC's but, SO FAR, Malwarebytes AntiMalware Premium has blocked attempts on all three. Malwarebytes says "Malicious Website" - "Category: Phishing". This PC system is Windows...
  6. Phishing Attack?

Phishing Attack?: I keep getting this message, should I be worried? It started while I was working and checking hospital websites. I have checked svchost.exe with VirusTotal which came up negative. [img] 150293
  7. Google - Better protection against Man in the Middle phishing attacks

in Windows 10 News
    Google - Better protection against Man in the Middle phishing attacks: We’re constantly working to improve our phishing protections to keep your information secure. Last year, we announced that we would require JavaScript to be enabled in your browser when you sign in so that we can run a risk assessment whenever credentials are entered on a...
  8. Chrome+Firefox Phishing Attack Uses Domains Identical to Known Good

Chrome+Firefox Phishing Attack Uses Domains Identical to Known Good: This variant of a phishing attack uses unicode to register domains that look identical to real domains. These fake domains can be used in phishing attacks to fool users into signing into a fake website, thereby handing over their login credentials to an attacker. [img]...
  9. Tax-themed phishing and malware attacks proliferate during tax season

in Windows 10 News
    Tax-themed phishing and malware attacks proliferate during tax season: Tax-themed scams and social engineering attacks are as certain as (death or) tax itself. Every year we see these attacks, and 2017 is no different. These attacks circulate year-round as cybercriminals take advantage of the different country and region tax schedules, but...
  10. Chrome and Firefox Phishing Attack Uses Name Identical to Safe Sites

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome and Firefox Phishing Attack Uses Name Identical to Safe Sites: This is a Wordfence public service security announcement for all users of Chrome and Firefox web browsers: This variant of a phishing attack uses unicode to register domains that look identical to real domains. These fake domains can be used in phishing attacks to fool...