Windows 10: Phone app not installed correctly with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Discus and support Phone app not installed correctly with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Originally, I updated to the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update using Windows Update except after Windows 10 Fall Creators Update was running, the Phone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Almighty1, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Almighty1 Win User

Phone app not installed correctly with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Originally, I updated to the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update using Windows Update except after Windows 10 Fall Creators Update was running, the Phone aka CommsPhone app is not installed properly as basically it is showing up as
    ms-resource:AppListName in the Start Menu and when I click on it, it opens with a white box with just a menu bar that says Phone and then exits. I have tried going into Apps and Features and then selecting Advanced options under the Phone app and then Resetting the data.

I have also tried doing the following in a elevated PowerShell with no success which results in the same problem:
    Code: Get-appxpackage -allusers *CommsPhone* | Remove-AppxPackage Get-AppxPackage -allusers *CommsPhone* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}[/quote] I did a restore of the previous Windows 10 version so basically it restarted to the point where it is supposed to update to Fall Creators Update except it shows the update as pending after restart, ofcourse it just boots into Windows and Windows Update shows it has the latest updates with the Fall Creators Update pending after restart so I made sure the Phone app was working and then I basically did a install using the ISO instead and just like before, it installed successfully and everything is working and Phone basically has the same problem. Does anyone know what else I can do to fix this or is Phone even a working app in Windows 10 because in the store, it shows it available only for Mobile devices even though the Launch button is there. Thanks!

:)

Almighty1, Oct 19, 2017
  2. David Haz Win User

how to get system to restart and get the update start working

It could be that the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update was not installed correctly on your device. Can you describe to us how did you install the Windows 10 Creators Update? This is for us to know and see how you installed the update.

We look forward to your prompt response.

David Haz, Oct 19, 2017
  3. David Haz Win User
    Where is Story Remix?

Hello,

As mentioned by Andre Da Costa, it is built into the
    Photos
    app in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. This feature is firstly introduced in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. With that, you may have to upgrade or update to that version of Windows 10 to be able to access the app. If you are still in a previous
    version of Windows 10, you may get the Fall Creators Update through Windows Update, or by manually installing the update to your computer. For information on how to get the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, kindly check this
    link.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask us.

David Haz, Oct 19, 2017
  4. Almighty1 Win User

Actually, I should ask, does anyone have a working Microsoft Phone app on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update which is shown as Phone in the Start Menu that actually completely opens as according to this:
    Windows 10 - Apps | Microsoft Docs

This app was only included with build 1511 but not in 1703 and later. I was looking at my C:\Program Files\WindowsApps directory and it seems Microsoft Comms.Phone is dated June 2016 with a version of 2.17.27003.0 which means that was the latest version and update available.

Almighty1, Oct 21, 2017
  5. Almighty1 Win User
    I got it working, it was a permission issue with the files in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps - the user needs to be the owner of the files with full control.

Almighty1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Phone app not installed correctly with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update - Similar Threads - Phone app installed

2. Unable to install Windows Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to install Windows Fall Creators Update: My computer has been trying to install this update for over a week. Each time I get this error message "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709 - Error 0x80070057" I have tried everything I can find on the net to counter this error message. My question is,...
  3. WINDOWS 10 Fall Creators Update

WINDOWS 10 Fall Creators Update: I just downloaded the above mentioned update and it looks like some fun things are here. I am interested in giving "Paint 3D" a shot although I am told it's designed for touch screen and I don't use one. Here's the problem---it has force fed me "OneDrive" which I am not a...
  4. Fall Creator's Update refuses to install

Fall Creator's Update refuses to install: Hi, all. I've had no problems with updates on my Toshiba L50-C laptop until trying to install version 1709. The update wouldn't download last night, so I shut down and ran the WU troubleshooter this morning. Then it downloaded, but got stuck 'preparing to install' at...
  5. Sharing not working correctly after fall creators update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing not working correctly after fall creators update: I have three Win10 machines in the same workgroup, all with shared folders that the other machines can access. Previously this has been working fine. Two of the machines have just been updated with the fall creators update. What I now find is: From Network in Windows...
  6. Windows 10 Fresh Install Fall Creators Update?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Fresh Install Fall Creators Update?: Hello about to install Windows 10 onto a new PC I have Windows 10 on USB is it possible yet to just install to the latest version or do I need to update after install? Thanks 99200
  7. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: Has anyone installed it yet? If so did it break anything for you? Debating If I should update or not. 95662
  8. fall creator update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    fall creator update: Is there a general chart which might give info on when i would get fcu. I went from 7 to 10 just a couple weeks before free 10 stopped. 97324
  9. Fall Creators Update fails to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall Creators Update fails to install: Attempted from 16299.15 ISO. Suspect something to do with AMD 17.7.2 driver (latest for this system) since it aborts at 33%. [img] Edit: Today I did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 16299.15 on a unused partition. It installed with any issues and Windows 10...
  10. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: I work for a company that has about 200 desktop and laptop running Windows 10 (most are HP's)on our own domain and after the fall creators update, we have experienced Unauthenticated network messages as well as download issues in all browsers (Edge, IE 11, Chrome, Firefox)....