Windows 10: Phone driver not working anymore and software won't reinstall

Discus and support Phone driver not working anymore and software won't reinstall in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I am having a problem with my phone driver not working anymore. I have a guess this might have happened as a result of recent Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Anupam, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Anupam Win User

Phone driver not working anymore and software won't reinstall

Hi,

I am having a problem with my phone driver not working anymore.

I have a guess this might have happened as a result of recent Windows 10 Anniversary Update.

I have an old Samsung phone, which connected fine with my desktop computer. The drivers for the phone were installed with Samsung Kies software.

I had not connected the phone with the computer since a long time, since I don't use that phone anymore.

However, today I connected the phone to take backup of some old files on it, and the phone won't connect anymore.

I ran the troubleshoot connection on Samsung Kies, and a screen came up saying User Account Control on top and saying that "This app has been blocked for your protection". The exe of Samsung USB driver is shown as the file being blocked.

There is only a "Close" button and nothing else.

I tried to reinstall Samsung Kies software, but it is not installing because of the same error that pops up when I initiate the install. Same happens when I try to run it as administrator.

I even tried setting UAC to its lowest level via the Control Panel, following the tutorial from this forum. The same blocking message still comes up.

How can I get the USB driver to work so that the phone can connect to the computer?

There is a link saying "Show information about the publisher's certificate", but it doesn't work when I click it.

:)

Anupam, Sep 21, 2016
  2. VicZZZ Win User

Touchpad Scroll Won't Work

I just upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 and everything's fine except for the fact that my touchpad won't scroll anymore. It's driving me crazy! I've tried to update the driver software as well as roll it back and reinstall it, but nothing is working.
    Any advise?

VicZZZ, Sep 21, 2016
  3. MariannKL Win User
    Unable to connect my Oneplus X phone to Windows 10 PC using MTP USB connection

Jessen P, your suggestion did not help. After the latest Windows 10 update, MTP /usb connections for tablets and phones are not working anymore! I try fixing and reinstalling my LG phone worked. but all android tablets won't work with driver updates.
    Gives 'The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) A service installation section in this INF is invalid.' Something is messed up!

Please submit this for a fix in the next Windows 10 Update.

MariannKL, Sep 21, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Sep 22, 2016
  5. Anupam Win User
    Thank you *Smile. I will try that and see what happens.

Yes, I too guessed this was because of current changes regarding signing of drivers.

Anupam, Sep 22, 2016
  6. Anupam Win User
    Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

I used the commands here to disable driver signature enforcement. It worked, and I was able to connect to my phone.

Disable driver signature enforcement permanently in Windows 10

I found using the command better in this case. The enforcement can be switched on or off with the commands, which is easier.

Anupam, Sep 22, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Good- thanks for letting us know.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Phone driver not working anymore and software won't reinstall - Similar Threads - Phone driver working

2. Action CENTER won't work anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Action CENTER won't work anymore: Video of the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-wont-work-anymore/313b8532-e6ae-407a-821c-2cca6e9077ca
  3. Action CENTER won't work anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Action CENTER won't work anymore: Video of the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-wont-work-anymore/313b8532-e6ae-407a-821c-2cca6e9077ca
  4. Action CENTER won't work anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. flight simulator won't work anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    flight simulator won't work anymore: i wanted to play flight simulator again, after some months. now i did had to download some content, and then after that the game crashed every time during start up. i deleted en reinstalled the game, and now the same problem still occurs.anyone has a clue as of what to do....
  6. flight simulator won't work anymore

flight simulator won't work anymore: i wanted to play flight simulator again, after some months. now i did had to download some content, and then after that the game crashed every time during start up. i deleted en reinstalled the game, and now the same problem still occurs.anyone has a clue as of what to do....
  7. Printer won't work anymore.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer won't work anymore.: First of all, I'd like to express my heartfelt appreciation to Microsoft's amazing coding crew for being able to force their way into my laptop despite my settings for "NO AUTOMATIC UPDATES" and disabling my print function. The laptop is a simple HP15 Notebook - nothing...
  8. Your Phone App not working anymore?

Your Phone App not working anymore?: Unable to retrieve messages or photos anymore but had been working fine up to a few days ago. Phone and PC is connected. Need help! thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-app-not-working-anymore/cd981b55-a718-4813-a51e-867a7105ac50
  9. My keyboard won't work anymore.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My keyboard won't work anymore.: Hi, My name is Ryan and i own an Accent TB1020 Tablet with a detachable keyboard, as i updated to the Windows 10 October 2018 update, my keyboard flat-out won't work , i tried re-attaching it 3 times, but it won't work. I suspect it has something to do with the "deletion"...
  10. Legacy software won't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Legacy software won't work: My legacy software won't work after Office 365 crashed and had to be re-installed. I identified a problem with a win-x upgrade in February 2018 as the culprit. The network was operational. Microsoft put a level 1 technician on the job, who recommended re-installing X [the...