Windows 10: Phone Link Application - Pulling Data from old sync'd phone

Discus and support Phone Link Application - Pulling Data from old sync'd phone in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HelloA bit of a weird issue here so let me explain. I had a phone, a Galaxy Note9 'old phone' I needed to replace the phone. Now I have a Galaxy S22... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kyle Wehrs, May 15, 2024.

1. Phone Link Application - Pulling Data from old sync'd phone

HelloA bit of a weird issue here so let me explain. I had a phone, a Galaxy Note9 'old phone' I needed to replace the phone. Now I have a Galaxy S22 'new phone'.When I had my old phone, I used it with the Phone Link app on my PC. So currently the Phone Link app is/has been 'looking for' my old phone which I am no longer in possession of. I have NOT connected my new phone to my PC via Phone Link.When I transferred my old phone data to my new phone, I didnt realize it at the time, but it did not save all my old text messages, it only covered the last 2 years as opposed to everything in my ph

:)

Kyle Wehrs, May 15, 2024

2. Phone Link Application - Pulling Data from old sync'd phone

Hello

A bit of a weird issue here so let me explain.

I had a phone, a Galaxy Note9 ('old phone') I needed to replace the phone. Now I have a Galaxy S22 ('new phone').

When I had my old phone, I used it with the Phone Link app on my PC. So currently the Phone Link app is/has been 'looking for' my old phone which I am no longer in possession of. I have NOT connected my new phone to my PC via Phone Link.

When I transferred my old phone data to my new phone, I didnt realize it at the time, but it did not save all my old text messages, it only covered the last 2 years as opposed to everything in my phone at the time. So since I got the phone in Jan 2023, everything Jan 2021 and before did not transfer over (only transferred things from 2 years ago). Again, I did not realize this at the time until a week later (too late, old phone was gone)

I am trying to retrieve the old text messages from back then. I believe this may be possible because the App still has data regarding how many unread text messages I had from whatever day I had it connected last. (Its not letting me attach an image to this post apparently). Also in Settings > Features > Messages there is a setting that says "Automatically download MMS attachments from my mobile device" so I wonder if some of this data is possible stored/is accessible though a roaming folder/hidden folder, something like that. Just kind of hoping that previous app data of Phone Link is stored in some random file somewhere on my PC.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Kyle Wehrs, May 15, 2024
  3. Muax Ja Win User
    Old call will not delete out of Phone Link on my pc

If you're facing difficulties in removing an old phone call entry from the Phone Link app on your PC, even after trying common troubleshooting steps like uninstalling, reinstalling, and clearing cache/storage, you might need to take more advanced steps to resolve the issue. Here are some suggestions:

1. Sync and Refresh Data: Make sure that your Phone Link app is synced with your phone's call history. Sometimes, issues can arise if the sync between the app and your phone isn't functioning properly. Check if there's an option to manually sync or refresh the call history within the app settings.
    2. Check Phone Permissions: Ensure that the Phone Link app on your PC has the necessary permissions to access your phone's call history. Sometimes, issues can occur if the app doesn't have the right permissions.
    3. Check for Updates: Ensure that both the Phone Link app on your PC and the associated app on your phone are up to date. Outdated software can sometimes cause glitches and unexpected behavior.
    4. Contact App Support: If the issue persists, reach out to the app's support team. They might have encountered similar issues before and could provide guidance specific to their app's functionality.
    5. Reset App Settings: If the app has an option to reset settings or clear data (not just cache), consider using this option. However, be cautious as this might remove any personalized settings or configurations you've made within the app.
    6. Windows Updates: If you're using Windows, make sure your operating system is up to date. Sometimes, Windows updates can include bug fixes that might address issues with third-party apps.
    7. Temporary Workaround: If the above steps don't resolve the issue and the old call log entry is causing inconvenience, you might consider using the Phone Link app on a different device if possible.
    8. Patiently Wait: Sometimes, syncing and cloud services can take some time to update and reflect changes. It's possible that the old call log entry might eventually disappear on its own as the synchronization process catches up.
    Remember that each app's behavior can vary, and specific steps might differ based on the app's design. If you're unsure about the right steps to take, don't hesitate to reach out to the app's support or help documentation for more detailed assistance.

Muax Ja, May 15, 2024
  4. meebers Win User

Phone Link Application - Pulling Data from old sync'd phone

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Mobile

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, May 15, 2024
Thema:

Phone Link Application - Pulling Data from old sync'd phone

1. Phone Link Application - Pulling Data from old sync'd phone - Similar Threads - Phone Link Application

2. Changing Phone Link to new phone OR Deleting the old phone that was previously connected to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Phone Link to new phone OR Deleting the old phone that was previously connected to...: Hi There, I previously connected a handset with the Phone Link. Now that I have changed my handset, I am unable to connect it to windows Phone link. The phone itself says connected but there is no way to find out the way how to change the phone on windows app as it is still...
  3. Changing Phone Link to new phone OR Deleting the old phone that was previously connected to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Phone Link to new phone OR Deleting the old phone that was previously connected to...: Hi There, I previously connected a handset with the Phone Link. Now that I have changed my handset, I am unable to connect it to windows Phone link. The phone itself says connected but there is no way to find out the way how to change the phone on windows app as it is still...
  4. Phone Link Application - Pulling Data from old sync'd phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Phone Link Application - Pulling Data from old sync'd phone: HelloA bit of a weird issue here so let me explain. I had a phone, a Galaxy Note9 'old phone' I needed to replace the phone. Now I have a Galaxy S22 'new phone'.When I had my old phone, I used it with the Phone Link app on my PC. So currently the Phone Link app is/has been...
  5. Phone Link Application - Pulling Data from old sync'd phone

Phone Link Application - Pulling Data from old sync'd phone: HelloA bit of a weird issue here so let me explain. I had a phone, a Galaxy Note9 'old phone' I needed to replace the phone. Now I have a Galaxy S22 'new phone'.When I had my old phone, I used it with the Phone Link app on my PC. So currently the Phone Link app is/has been...
  6. Remove spam from Phone link that is not on phone

Remove spam from Phone link that is not on phone: Have received 2 phishing pam messages on Phone Link supposedly from USPS. Spammer used phone number from UK. These texts do not appear on my phone, TG. How do I delete, or any texts using Phone Link? Is removing and reinstalling only option? Would like ability to delete any...
  7. Phone link and data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone link and data: When using phone link and my phone is connected does it leave any data or files on the pc? Or like in the temp folder or cache kind of thing just by linking it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-link-and-data/61536c37-cd85-44cd-9c8c-50d1ca0b4f02
  8. Phone link and data

Phone link and data: When using phone link and my phone is connected does it leave any data or files on the pc? Or like in the temp folder or cache kind of thing just by linking it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-link-and-data/61536c37-cd85-44cd-9c8c-50d1ca0b4f02
  9. Phone Link Displaying Stale Data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link Displaying Stale Data: How long is Windows Phone Link going go be down?I need to get some photos off my phone but the system is telling me to try again later.I've rebooted my PC and my phone and it is still saying to try again later....
  10. Phone Link Displaying Stale Data

Phone Link Displaying Stale Data: How long is Windows Phone Link going go be down?I need to get some photos off my phone but the system is telling me to try again later.I've rebooted my PC and my phone and it is still saying to try again later....