Windows 10: Phone Number - Block or Unblock on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

Discus and support Phone Number - Block or Unblock on Windows 10 Mobile Phone in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Phone Number - Block or Unblock on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Block or Unblock Phone Numbers on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Phone Number - Block or Unblock on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to: Phone Number - Block or Unblock on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to Block or Unblock Phone Numbers on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

Phone Number - Block or Unblock on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [​IMG]
    Information You can block unwanted calls on your Windows 10 Mobile phone by adding phone numbers to your block list. If a blocked number calls you, it will be listed in blocked calls.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove phone numbers on your block list to block or unblock calls on your Windows 10 Mobile phone.

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] To View Blocked Calls
    1. Open the Phone app. (see screenshot below)

2. Tap on History at the top, and tap on the More
    button at the bottom right corner. (see screenshot below)

3. Tap on Blocked calls. (see screenshot below)

4. You will now see any blocked calls listed. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To View Phone Numbers on Block List

2. Tap on History at the top, and tap on the More
    button at the bottom right corner. (see screenshot below)

3. Tap on Blocked calls. (see screenshot below)

4. Tap on the Menu button at the top left corner. (see screenshot below)

5. Tap on Blocked list. (see screenshot below)

6. You will now see all added phone numbers on your block list. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] To Add Phone Number to Block List from Call History

2. Tap on History at the top, and press and hold on a phone number you want to add to the block list. (see screenshot below)

3. Tap on Blocked number. (see screenshot below)

4. Tap on Blocked to confirm. (see screenshot below)

5. If you like when finished, tap on the Start *Start button at the bottom of your phone to go back to your Start screen. (see screenshot below)

OPTION FOUR [/i] To Add New Phone Number to Block List
    1. Open your block list using Option Two above.

2. Tap on the Add
    button at the bottom. (see screenshot below)

3. Enter a new phone number to block, and tap on Block. (see screenshot below)

4. You will now see the phone number added to your block list. (see screenshot below)

5. If you like when finished, tap on the Start *Start button at the bottom of your phone to go back to your Start screen. (see screenshot below)

OPTION FIVE [/i] To Remove Phone Number from Block List
    1. Open your block list using Option Two above.

2. Press and hold on a phone number you want to remove from the block list until the menu opens, and tap on Unblock number in the menu. (see screenshot below)

3. If you like when finished, tap on the Start *Start button at the bottom of your phone to go back to your Start screen. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Aug 12, 2017

2. How do i unblock numbers, on the windows 10 phone update.i

Hello,

To unblock numbers on your Windows 10 Mobile. You can follow these steps provided below:

• Open the Phone app.
    • Tap on History at the top, and tap on the More

button at the bottom right corner.
    • Tap on Blocked calls.
    • Tap on the Menu button at the top left corner.
    • Tap on Blocked list.
    • You will now see all added phone numbers on your block list.
    • Press and hold on a phone number you want to remove from the block list until the menu opens, and tap on
      Unblock number in the menu.

Let us know how it goes.

Michael Rey, Oct 26, 2019
  3. twilyth Win User
    Blocking Cell Phone Numbers

Here's one way to get around the problem. It's kludgy but it should work.

Get a VOIP based phone service or a magic jack. For 24/7 access, you're better off with VOIP that uses an ethernet adapter, but that's up to the user.

The important point is to find one that lets you create your own "black list" of callers. Usually they will have both black and white list options and these are usually a subcategory under the "do not disturb" or similar feature.

The provider will usually let you create a second number for $5-10 per month. You'll use this for your cell phone number. If it is ever compromised, you can change it easily without affecting the base number.

Forward the second number to your cell phone and give everyone that one as your "cell phone" number. There will be a delay of a few seconds as calls get routed, but who cares. It's not like any of us is on Obama's speed dial right?

Now when you get assholes calling you, just add them to the black list.

You can also block calls w/o caller id this way if your cell phone co. doesn't already do that for you.

twilyth, Oct 26, 2019
  4. marzen99 Win User

Cannot unblock blocked number

I have a phone number in my blocked numbers list that was added in error. I cannot unblock the number. I have tried holdong down the number and telling the phone to unblock it. I have also checked the box next to it and pressed unblock. I get a message
    the number has been unblocked, but when I go back and check the number is back in the list. I even unblocked all the numbers in my list. all were unblocked except the one. I would appreciate some guidance. Thanks.

marzen99, Oct 26, 2019
  5. farby Win User
    Unblocking a blocked number

Go to settings-->call+SMS filter-->blocked numbers.. In the list that appears, long press on the one you want to unblock and select 'unblock' ..

farby, Oct 26, 2019
  6. syker Win User
    Blocking Cell Phone Numbers

i have read several forums that say that you cant block any cell numbers on any given plan. that is not true. i have US Cellular (crappy, but effective). i can go into security and block numbers that arent in my contact list. can i get ways for Verizon, T-Mobile, so on?

syker, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Phone Number - Block or Unblock on Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Similar Threads - Phone Number Block

2. Phone number???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone number???: How do I talk with a real, live, human being about a problem with my Microsoft account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-number/c487b7da-afd3-4565-9d58-be54f4a61b57
  3. mobile phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mobile phone: why i cant remove the phone in my phone app in win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-phone/d7016bbe-70cf-4a38-b11c-8ae6269cfac2
  4. Phone Number

in Windows 10 Customization
    Phone Number: I may have more than 1 Microsoft account because I tried to put in my phone number & was told it is already in use. How can I find out where it is used? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-number/0df1297a-d956-4966-b9fe-d305398fe0cb
  5. phone number

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    phone number: I received a notice to call 888-616-8566 to solve a security problem on my pc. Is this a good Microsoft number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-number/ad076b95-2052-439d-a1fe-f4bd85e15ba9"
  6. phone number

in Windows 10 Customization
    phone number: how do I find out my phone number for this pc Moved from: Other Windows mobile devices / Settings / Windows 10 Mobile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/phone-number/b2ff1290-727d-4e17-9ed0-0941c1911c44
  7. Find My Phone for Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find My Phone for Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Find My Phone for Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Use Find My Device for Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information It's nerve-wracking when you can't find your phone. Whether it's truly lost, or just stuck between the sofa cushions, Find My Phone can help lay...
  8. Windows 10 Mobile Phone Firmware Revision Number - Find

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows 10 Mobile Phone Firmware Revision Number - Find: How to: Windows 10 Mobile Phone Firmware Revision Number - Find How to Find Firmware Revision Number of Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information This tutorial will show you how to find the firmware revision number on your Windows 10 Mobile phone. Here's How:...
  9. Windows 10 Mobile Phone Build Number - Find

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows 10 Mobile Phone Build Number - Find: How to: Windows 10 Mobile Phone Build Number - Find How to Find OS Build Number of Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Software (ex: "Windows 10 Mobile") indicates the general product name Microsoft uses to describe the release. OS build (ex: "10.0.10586.71")...
  10. Windows 10 Mobile Phone Number - Find

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows 10 Mobile Phone Number - Find: How to: Windows 10 Mobile Phone Number - Find How to Find Phone Number of your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information This tutorial will show you how to find your phone number on your Windows 10 Mobile phone. Here's How: 1. Open Settings. 2. Tap...