Windows 10: Phone showing on my PC Network

Discus and support Phone showing on my PC Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have just installed Windows 10 and noticed something ive not seen before on my Network, it shows a phone G510-0100. I don't recall every adding this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gbu, Aug 18, 2015.

1. GBU
    gbu Win User

Phone showing on my PC Network

I have just installed Windows 10 and noticed something ive not seen before on my Network, it shows a phone G510-0100.
    I don't recall every adding this phone and i cant see how to remove it.

Any help will be most grateful

:)

2. Delete saved Ethernet Networks

nope because that only shows the single connection. it doesn't show the hundreds of different connections from my phone. it shows Ethernet (my home ethernet connection) and when my phone is tethered, Ethernet 2.

same network adapter, different network connection. I want to delete the network details. (when it pops up on the side when you connect, and says "do you want to make your PC visible on this network)

Armouredfalcon, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Unknown devices connected to my pc

It is found under network connection, listed as unknown devices connected to my pc. After changing password to FiOS G1100 and also name of network connection I still found an unknown phone and a tablet showing under unknown devices connected to my pc.

Found by looking in "my pc", then "network".

Confused about connected device, Aug 18, 2015
  4. owensdj Win User

I see the same thing. Phones that nobody in the house uses will randomly pop up under Network for a while and then go away. I'm pretty sure this is nothing to worry about. It's just your neighbors' phones/tablets with wifi turned on automatically trying to connect to your wifi network because it's in range. Just make sure you are using WPA2 and a key that can't be guessed. If the devices under Phones bother you, you could block their MAC address if your router has that feature. Right click the phone and go to Properties to get the MAC address.

owensdj, Aug 18, 2015
  5. GBU
    gbu Win User
    Oh thats great thanks for the fast response was panicking a bit then much appreciated. *Smile

6. bro67 Win User
    It is because of the stupid Wi-Fi sense feature that Microsoft has added to Windows 10. Just another way for ill-informed users to start asking why their neighbors and friends are on their computer. Not to state that you are one. But there are those out there that do not take the time to secure. The stupid thing should be turned off by default and service should not be running. But as usual Microsoft sometimes forget their whole push about CompSec & OpSec.

Wi-Fi Sense FAQ - Windows Help

bro67, Aug 19, 2015
  7. owensdj Win User
    bro67, this has absolutely nothing to do with the Wi-Fi Sense feature. These are wireless devices showing up because they're looking at what wifi networks are in range. Wi-Fi Sense is a feature that lets you share your wifi passwords with your friends. Completely different.

owensdj, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Phone showing on my PC Network - Similar Threads - Phone showing Network

2. The network shows my PRINTER as a PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The network shows my PRINTER as a PC: When I try to connect to my pc from my Laptop, the network shows my PRINTER as a PC and also as a printer, But the PC does not show up on the network,? How can I fix that?...
  3. The network shows my PRINTER as a PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The network shows my PRINTER as a PC: When I try to connect to my pc from my Laptop, the network shows my PRINTER as a PC and also as a printer, But the PC does not show up on the network,? How can I fix that?...
  4. The network shows my PRINTER as a PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Your Phone app - my phone apps not showing up on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone app - my phone apps not showing up on PC: Hello, Have a Galaxy S10e and a Surface Pro X with Your Phone app installed. I cannot hear the other person when I try to receive calls. Making calls is fine. I don't see my android phone apps appearing on Your Phone on my pc and the Galaxy 10 series are on the approved...
  6. phone not showing up on this pc.

phone not showing up on this pc.: I have tried everything but nothing happens. The only thing it does is charge the phone. The settings is set to mtp and adb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-not-showing-up-on-this-pc/7b935bc2-b3e9-484d-83b9-d53c78352ea8
  7. PC not showing in Network

PC not showing in Network: I have a desktop and laptop that were networked together. Due to other issues I ran the tenforums repair tool. Now neither PC shows in the other PC network folder. I tried the first option on your site and nothing changed. I don't want to keep trying things and end up messing...
  8. PC not showing in Network

in Windows 10 Support
    PC not showing in Network: I have a desktop and laptop that were networked together. Due to other issues I ran the tenforums repair tool. Now neither PC shows in the other PC network folder. I tried the first option on your site and nothing changed. I don't want to keep trying things and end up messing...
  9. Rogue Phone showing up in Network places

Rogue Phone showing up in Network places: this is probably old and i have found some info on it but what can be done to fix it or confirm the network scope of such a device being picked up from my local network. the name of the phone is Car-ea60 and the properties of it says Honda I have an Asus router can...
  10. Phone not showing in Network

Phone not showing in Network: Hello all, This scenario has had me perplexed for the past few days, it's not so much an issue; rather the fact I do not understand. As it is now, both my smartphone and PC are connected to the same private WiFi network, now what I have discovered is any other computers,...