Windows 10: Photo app closes

Discus and support Photo app closes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The windows 10 photo app crashes after being up for 10 to 15 seconds. If an individual picture is loaded it works fine. If I go to View collection it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tropicallime, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Photo app closes

The windows 10 photo app crashes after being up for 10 to 15 seconds. If an individual picture is loaded it works fine. If I go to View collection it crashes or closes in a few seconds. I have two computers and both do the same thing. I have tried to restore my library but that has not helped. I have also removed any non picture files from my pictures folder. I would like the see the app work correctly.

thanks for the help.

:)

tropicallime, Aug 7, 2015

2. Microsoft Photos Isn't Working

The photos will usually open in the app. When I try to enhance the photo, the app will sometimes close. If it does enhance the photo and I try to go to the next photo, the app will close. In other words, sometimes it will let me enhance 1 photo (but not
    always) and it will never let me enhance more than 1 photo before closing.

I already deleted and reinstalled the app and it still does the same thing.

GregoryJosefsberg, Aug 7, 2015
  3. WINDOWS 10 PHOTO APP CONSTANTLY CLOSES, CRASHES

I am trying to edit a recent set of photos from a trip. More than 500 photos. The Windows 10 Photo app closes or crashes constantly, most frequently after deleting a photo and very frequently after editing a photo. In many, many instances, the app closes
    seconds after opened. Often, after opening the app, it locks up and then closes. This has been going on for the last several days. I have not altered the app. It is impossible to work with photos this way. Is there a fix?

MichaelWentzel, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

Photo app closes

1. Photo app closes - Similar Threads - Photo app closes

2. Windows photo app closes after attempting to trim

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows photo app closes after attempting to trim: Hello I've been trying to trim a recording and when I trim the front so it starts later on in the recording it works just fine. However when i try to also trim the end so it ends earlier as soon as I click the trim thing the app just closes....
  3. Windows photo app closes after attempting to trim

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows photo app closes after attempting to trim: Hello I've been trying to trim a recording and when I trim the front so it starts later on in the recording it works just fine. However when i try to also trim the end so it ends earlier as soon as I click the trim thing the app just closes....
  4. Windows 10 Photos App does not Close Correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Photos App does not Close Correctly: Open several images with the Photos app.From the Taskbar select the X for each file to close it.The Photos App instances stay open in the Taskbar unless you select each one to open it and then it closes.This behavior is happening on more than one computer in the office....
  5. Windows 10 Photos App does not Close Correctly

Windows 10 Photos App does not Close Correctly: Open several images with the Photos app.From the Taskbar select the X for each file to close it.The Photos App instances stay open in the Taskbar unless you select each one to open it and then it closes.This behavior is happening on more than one computer in the office....
  6. windows 10 photo app opens and closed

windows 10 photo app opens and closed: HELP. Windows 10 Photo opens and closes. All of a sudden for no apparent reason. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-app-opens-and-closed/f74a7b46-86f7-4fda-8eb7-53dcca2efb7b
  7. Windows 10 Photo App closing after opening.

Windows 10 Photo App closing after opening.: Windows 10 photo app closed after opening. I am up to date with updates. I have error code : Faulting application name: Microsoft.Photos.exe, version: 2019.19071.17920.0, time stamp: 0x5d816006 Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 10.0.18362.418, time...
  8. Photo app closing after "too many photos" open?

Photo app closing after "too many photos" open?: Hey, I recently purchased a high-powered laptop (Alienware 17) and I'm having problems with the photos app just choosing to close ALL of my photos I have open when I seem to reach some sort of peak capacity. The problem with this is that it really isn't that many photos that...
  9. my photos app keeps closing on it's own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my photos app keeps closing on it's own: my photos app keeps closing on it's own https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-photos-app-keeps-closing-on-its-own/50aa2231-ccc5-43e2-96b9-422f8fda2d75
  10. Windows 10 phone Photos App crashes and closes

Windows 10 phone Photos App crashes and closes: I've tried every suggestion I could find. Even the reset of the app is grayed out and not available. Please advise. Pam Williams *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...