Windows 10: Photo App Crashing - App Error Report Helpful To Anyone?

Discus and support Photo App Crashing - App Error Report Helpful To Anyone? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am having a major issue with the Photos app crashing almost immediately after opening. As it opens I can see that it is not signed into my MS account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gator5000e, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Photo App Crashing - App Error Report Helpful To Anyone?

I am having a major issue with the Photos app crashing almost immediately after opening. As it opens I can see that it is not signed into my MS account as the lower left hand corner says Sign In. It crashes before I can do anything.

I went into Computer Management and under Windows Logs found a number of entries about the Photo App crashes. I however cannot make heads or tails of the report. I was wondering it it would be helpful to anyone here if I posted it here?

Thanks.

:)

Gator5000e, Sep 9, 2015

2. when i try to use an app like pictures or calender they flash open the close right away

Hi donaldeakins,

It sounds like the Photos app is crashing for you. Would you mind sharing the error report for the crash for me so I can look into it further? To collect the error report, do the following:

a. In the Search bar, type "View all problem reports" and click on the result with the same name

b. Find the Photos app in the list and find an event with a timestamp that matches a time the Photos app crashed

c. Right-click on that event, and click "View technical details"

d. Select the text containing the Problem Signature and Extra information about the problem.

e. Reply to this post with that text. There isn't any personally identifiable information in the text, it will just help us look up the crash details.

If you have any problems, please let me know!

-Adam

Adam A (Windows), Sep 9, 2015
  3. Photos app crashes on launch

Hi raseldll,

In that case, can you share with me the error report for the Photos app crash you're seeing? To collect the error report, please do the following:

1. In the Search bar, type "View all problem reports" and click on the result with the same name

2. Find the Photos app in the list and find an event with a timestamp that matches a time the Photos app crashed

3. Right-click on that event, and click "View technical details"

4. Select the text containing the Problem Signature and Extra information about the problem.

5. Reply to this post with that text. There isn't any personally identifiable information in the text, it will just help us look up the crash details.

Let me know if you have any problems!

Adam A (Windows), Sep 9, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Photo App Crashing - App Error Report Helpful To Anyone?

dalchina, Sep 10, 2015
  5. dalchina New Member
    (It looks like signing in is to link the app with Onedrive)

dalchina, Sep 10, 2015
  6. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app a number of times. No luck. I do think it's somehow related to signing into something as when the app opens for the second or two I can see the Photo app screen, it says Sign in in the lower left. When it worked, it would show my user name in the lower left. Oh well.

Gator5000e, Sep 10, 2015
  7. One thing I can think to try

Move your photos from the default photos to another folder (eg on your desktop), and then try running the app

Just thinking that perhaps there is a photo/graphic file somewhere it doesn't like

If this works then slowly move your photos back until it crashes to identify what the issue is

paulsalter, Sep 10, 2015
  8. dalchina New Member

.. and how about signing out of Onedrive before opening it to see if that has anything to do with it..?

dalchina, Sep 10, 2015
  9. dalchina, I tried that. No luck.

Gator5000e, Sep 10, 2015
  10. Just noticed something. In the Account page in settings, if I click on Manage my Microsoft account and then click on mange my sign in email, it takes me to a page that says, "Help us protect your account" and it wants to send me a security code. It asks me how I want to receive the code and the only choice is via email. But the email address listed is NOT my MS account email address, but my Gmail address. First, I am not sure how the MS account knows my Gmail address (is use a Hotmail address to sign in to MS and Windows) and second I'm not sure why it wants to use the Gmail address anyway. Shouldn't it be using my Hotmail account? Maybe this is nothing, but it makes me wonder.

Gator5000e, Sep 10, 2015
  11. Interesting. It's pulling my Gmail address from my Microsoft Community Profile which uses my Gmail address (only because I rarely check my Hotmail account and wanted to get instant notifications of any updates to the threads i am interested in. Could this be causing an issue? I don't see how or why it should but at this point who knows.

Thanks.

Gator5000e, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Photo App Crashing - App Error Report Helpful To Anyone? - Similar Threads - Photo App Crashing

2. Photos app crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app crashes: I have had this same problem with Windows Photo App for quite a while now, on two different systems. I can open the app and import photos no problems at all, but as soon as I try and open a single photo after importing, the app crashes. It doesn't happen if I open the app...
  3. Photos-App Crash

Photos-App Crash: Hi all, Since a Photo-App Update believe some months ago, it happens sometime that the App crashes by doubleclicking on a .jpg file. In 80% it works with no problems. Sometimes after waiting very long, the App crashes. After closing the App and retry, the App will work fine...
  4. Photos app crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photos app crash: Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_2020.20070.10002.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Microsoft.Photos.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: MoBEX Package Full Name:...
  5. Photos App Crashing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos App Crashing: Hi all, I have searched for a solution to this problem for some time, but nothing seems to work for me. Just putting out a message in a bottle here one more time to see if anyone has anything further to add: When I open the Photos app, I get a black window for about 2...
  6. Photo app crashing

Photo app crashing: How can I stop the photo app crashing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-app-crashing/27466ee1-a80a-484f-9669-914d58930204
  7. photo app crashing

in Windows 10 Customization
    photo app crashing: the microsoft photos app keeps closing and i cant view any of my photos as it keeps saying system error. i have tried repair, reset and uninstall and none of them work. what else can be done?...
  8. photos app crashes

photos app crashes: The Windows 10 update on 6/11/2018 has cause my photo app to crash immediately on startup. I reinstalled photo, but I continuously get a file systems error (-2147279796) come on MS get it fixed please !...
  9. Photo App Crashing

Photo App Crashing: When double clicking an image I get the Photo App load screen. The image may render for a second or the App simply crashes. Its somewhat intermittent, but it seems to work with more frequency when I go directly to the Photo App itself. I'm not quite sure what's going on with...
  10. Photo App Crashes

Photo App Crashes: Anyone know if the Photo App crashing issue is fixed. When I open mine, it crashes and closes soon after. 16066