Windows 10: Photo app fails

Discus and support Photo app fails in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Photo app in Win 10 has become just a black screen - if I try to import a photo it gives the message "the remote procedure call failed". I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by drdmford, Dec 21, 2017.

1. drdmford Win User

Photo app fails

My Photo app in Win 10 has become just a black screen - if I try to import a photo it gives the message "the remote procedure call failed". I have tried deleting the app via both the Shell and CCleaner, then reinstalling from the app store, but the problem persists. Also tried Restore but still a black screen. This lasts seconds and then disappears and PC reverts to Desktop. Any ideas please - David

:)

drdmford, Dec 21, 2017
  2. OLGALAU Win User

Failed Windows “other” updates 0x8024000b

I checked my windows update and under "other updates" 3 have failed. The Microsoft photos app stopped working since the last windows update in late Oct 2017...app doesn’t open. I’ve troubleshooted and cannot find what may be causing this issue with the
    app other than these failed “other” updates. I will list them here:

9P1SWVRL6FKD-Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.1.6 (failed-0x8024000b)

9N38V762FHPD-Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.1.6 (failed-0x8024000b)

9NBLGGH3FRZM-Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00 (failed-0x8024000b)

I have run a windows update troubleshooter and It says issue was fixed. Checked on updates but it’s not picking up the failed updates. It didn't work. Photos app is still not working. The “other” updates are still listed as failed. Think any of these failed
    windows updates have anything to do with the issues I'm having with the MS photos app? How can I get ALL updates, important and “other”?

OLGALAU, Dec 21, 2017
  3. Cricket81 Win User
    Windows 10 Photo app fails to launch

Windows 10 Photo app will not launch. Have tried updating, uninstalling, re-installing and still when I click on the Photo app it simply attempts to start then immediatley fails to start. Likewise I cannot open photos in my Pictures folder by selecting
    the Photo app. Any help would be appreciated

Cricket81, Dec 21, 2017
  4. Photo app fails

Caledon Ken, Dec 22, 2017
  5. Steve C Win User
    Try the app in another account before doing a repair install - you might have a corrupted account profile.

Steve C, Dec 22, 2017
  6. drdmford Win User
    I think the reinstall Win10 is far too complicated, sorry! I will try the change of account idea - if I click 'end thread' it will have worked....

drdmford, Dec 22, 2017
  7. swarfega Win User
    Sometimes if the computer starts behaving oddly, theres nothing like a clean format install to get it back to normal.

swarfega, Dec 22, 2017
  8. Photo app fails

Agree clean is best but the repair / upgrade is not complicated. You run it, it finishes. Yes there are a couple of BIOS settings.

Caledon Ken, Dec 22, 2017
  9. Reinstall photo app
    Click on Start menu
    Type Powershell
    Right click on Powershell and select to Run As Administator
    Copy and paste the following into Powershell and hit Enter

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_15.1208.10480.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.xml"}

or Reinstall All Apps

Click on Start menu
    Type Powershell
    Right click on Powershell and select to Run As Administator
    Copy and paste the following into Powershell and hit Enter

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Techjourney, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Photo app fails

1. Photo app fails - Similar Threads - Photo app fails

2. Photos on the Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos on the Photos app: whenever i open a photo on the photos app the window is blank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-on-the-photos-app/fd33ab0a-316b-4f83-88cc-aa34a50a18e6
  3. Windows Photos app failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photos app failed: Hello guysI have Windows 11 Pro 22H2. I've found a good idea to watch iPhone photos on my PC thanks to iCloud for Windows. However after I activated Photos in the iCloud for Windows, native Photos for Windows have become crushing every time I try opening the app. Also I've...
  4. Windows Photos app failed

Windows Photos app failed: Hello guysI have Windows 11 Pro 22H2. I've found a good idea to watch iPhone photos on my PC thanks to iCloud for Windows. However after I activated Photos in the iCloud for Windows, native Photos for Windows have become crushing every time I try opening the app. Also I've...
  5. Fix Photos app keeps failing or freezing when importing photos

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Photos app keeps failing or freezing when importing photos: [ATTACH]Photos is a great app from Microsoft that lets users manage photos and videos on their Windows 11/10 computers. In addition to managing images and videos, Photos also lets users edit images and create videos. It also has an option to import images and videos from the...
  6. Microsoft Photos fails with message "This App Can't Open"

Microsoft Photos fails with message "This App Can't Open": When trying to open Microsoft Photos, it fails to open and comes up with the message "This App Can't Open". I have tried the Windows Store troubleshooting option and have deleted and re-installed Photos with no change. Help!...
  7. Windows 10 photo app import fails

Windows 10 photo app import fails: My Surface laptop was a victim of one of the recent MS updates for Windows 10. As a result I had to take my 256gb iPad Pro with me on holiday. One of the key reason was to ask as the repository for pictures taken on holiday. I'm home now and I have ~240TB of RAW images and...
  8. Windows 10 photo app import fails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 photo app import fails: My Surface laptop was a victim of one of the recent MS updates for Windows 10. As a result I had to take my 256gb iPad Pro with me on holiday. One of the key reason was to ask as the repository for pictures taken on holiday. I'm home now and I have ~240TB of RAW images and...
  9. New Surface Pro - Photos App Fails to Launch

New Surface Pro - Photos App Fails to Launch: Hey, I recently just got a brand new Microsoft Surface Pro 6 tablet for Christmas. I had a rather rocky start with the initial setup, as it would constantly fail to update Windows as well as the app store apps, even when connected to the internet, which was eventually fixed...
  10. photos no longer wloads photos says app failed

photos no longer wloads photos says app failed: photos no longer wloads photos says app failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-camera/photos-no-longer-wloads-photos-says-app-failed/77510534-d52d-48ce-8c3e-24a353ba412f