Windows 10: Photo app keeps displaying my photos from my iphone

Discus and support Photo app keeps displaying my photos from my iphone in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My photos from my iphone are being automatically uploaded to my start menu and appearing in the live tile that is available for my photo app in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by arayfo1, Dec 10, 2015.

1. arayfo1 Win User

Photo app keeps displaying my photos from my iphone

My photos from my iphone are being automatically uploaded to my start menu and appearing in the live tile that is available for my photo app in the start menu. I need to know how I can remove the photos and also how I can change my settings so that I can stop sharing my photos to my Win 10 PC. Is this something I need to do in icloud, itunes, or can I adjust the settings in the photo app itself?

:)

arayfo1, Dec 10, 2015
  2. JJLongVP Win User

Can't pick and choose photos

I love my new Win10 desktop. I plugged in my iPhone the other day and copied (not moved) the photos to my new computer using the Photos App. Afterwards, I moved them to other folders for better management. I then took some more photos, plugged in my iPhone
    to copy them (keeping on my iPhone) to my computer and lo and behold, Photos now thinks that none of my iPhone photos have been transferred and it wanted to transfer them all. But I was not given an option to pick and choose which photos to copy to my computer.

Am I overlooking something in this Photos App?

J.J.

JJLongVP, Dec 10, 2015
  3. Old photos not importing from iPhone after deleting them from Photos app

I successfully imported all my photos from my iPhone into the Windows 10 Photo App. However, I decided to delete them from the app after they downloaded, but the photos remained on my iPhone, as I was busy testing the Photo app functionality.

Now, when I try to re-download them - the Photo App seems to remember what was previously downloaded, and now states "There is nothing new to import". However, it does work if I take a new photo on my iPhone, but it only picks up and downloads the new photo,
    and not the old ones. I'm sure the download history is there to prevent older photos from being recopied every time it searches for photos. Is there a way to clear the Photo App history so that I can download the photos again?

I have tried deleting the contents in %appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState in an attempt to reset the app, but this didn't work.

Thank you.

WilliamYQD, Dec 10, 2015
  4. Photo app keeps displaying my photos from my iphone

The Photo app is the spawn of the devil, but I think in this case it's a phone setting.

nigelmercier, Dec 10, 2015
  5. If its just the start menu you don't want them shown on, turn the live tile off for the Photo App by right clicking on it
    If you don't want the Photo App to show any pictures at all, go into the settings of it and remove your pictures location from it, by default it shows everything from your pictures library

paulsalter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Photo app keeps displaying my photos from my iphone

1. Photo app keeps displaying my photos from my iphone - Similar Threads - Photo app keeps

2. Photos doesn't properly import photos from my iPhone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos doesn't properly import photos from my iPhone: I've had issues with having no storage space on my iPhone lately. So I finally decided to move all of the photos to my PC Running latest Windows 10. I imported the pictures then tried to transfer one but it didn't transfer the photo I selected. Instead it transferred a photo...
  3. Photos doesn't properly import photos from my iPhone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos doesn't properly import photos from my iPhone: I've had issues with having no storage space on my iPhone lately. So I finally decided to move all of the photos to my PC Running latest Windows 10. I imported the pictures then tried to transfer one but it didn't transfer the photo I selected. Instead it transferred a photo...
  4. Photos doesn't properly import photos from my iPhone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Issues importing photos from my iPhone to the Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues importing photos from my iPhone to the Photos app: I have a fairly new iPhone and Windows 11. When I connect my phone to import photos, the PC recognizes the photos, but it doesn't recognize which ones have already been transferred to my PC. The old photos app did this every time. The photos are also completely out of order...
  6. Issues importing photos from my iPhone to the Photos app

Issues importing photos from my iPhone to the Photos app: I have a fairly new iPhone and Windows 11. When I connect my phone to import photos, the PC recognizes the photos, but it doesn't recognize which ones have already been transferred to my PC. The old photos app did this every time. The photos are also completely out of order...
  7. Photos from my iPhone

Photos from my iPhone: I am trying to import photos from my iPhone to Microsoft Photos. The newer ones imported just fine, but for the older ones, I receive a message that says "this file type may not be supported." They are all .jpg files. The older ones only display 1/2 the photo on the laptop...
  8. Problem importing photos from my iPhone

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem importing photos from my iPhone: Re: Windows 10 Photos: Whenever I start the photos app to import my pictures it has difficulty finding and connecting to the iPhone. Usually after 3-4 tries it will find the phone and I can begin importing. After a few seconds it aborts with a message that say, "something...
  9. Photos app doesn't import photos from Iphone

Photos app doesn't import photos from Iphone: Hello, I'm trying to import my photos from Iphone X. Actually, I'm using Photos app, that Microsoft provided. Actually, I have 2 possible scenarios: 1. The application stop (is not responding) after initialization of 2000 photos 2. The application can initialize 2100...
  10. importing photos from my Iphone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    importing photos from my Iphone: Good Afternoon Everyone!! I would appreciate any assistance.... How do I import photos from my iPhone to my laptop? I am getting a message stating that I need to access the import capability through the iPhone desktop app? I am lost!! Thank you in advance....