Windows 10: Photo app showing photos even if there's no source folder selected

Discus and support Photo app showing photos even if there's no source folder selected in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The photo app keeps showing old photos even though I've cleared all the source folders in the setting. Even if I add new source folders it'll show the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by OakOfFall, Aug 17, 2015.

1. OakOfFall Win User

Photo app showing photos even if there's no source folder selected

The photo app keeps showing old photos even though I've cleared all the source folders in the setting. Even if I add new source folders it'll show the new photos, but keeps insisting showing the old unwated ones from the folders that I've already removed from the setting.

How do I prevent the app from showing old photos and force it to show only the ones that are from the CURRENT source folders?

:)

OakOfFall, Aug 17, 2015
  2. MarkTebb Win User

Windows 10 photo app doesn't scroll to next photos

Hi guys, in my Windows 10 photo app there is no button to click t move to the next photo in my photo albums. Occasionally I will open a photo in an album and the button is there and I can scroll to the next photo but most of the time it is not there. It's
    really frustrating.

The other problem I have with this app is that it doesn't display my selected source folders. Even when I have deleted all source folders, the app still shows those folders despite me not wanting them and deleting them in the setting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks.

MarkTebb, Aug 17, 2015
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Windows 10 Wallpaper Slidehow

When you select a folder as the source of Slide Show, you will not see the photos inside that folder. This is the design of Windows 10. This is the reason why we advised you to select the photos in File Explorer first before setting up the Slide Show so
    that you will see the photos. If you want Windows 10 to show the pictures inside a folder when selecting a source in Slide Show, we highly recommend that you post it in the Feedback Hub.

Thanks.

Argel Obm, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

Photo app showing photos even if there's no source folder selected

1. Photo app showing photos even if there's no source folder selected - Similar Threads - Photo app showing

2. "New" Photo App shows no photos even though all folders included, Legacy Photos and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "New" Photo App shows no photos even though all folders included, Legacy Photos and...: I have reported this through Feedback with screen shots and videos of the issue MULTIPLE times since the new Photos App was launched and have not had even an acknowledgement that there might be an issue.The new Photos app shows NO photographs at all when the photos library...
  3. "New" Photo App shows no photos even though all folders included, Legacy Photos and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "New" Photo App shows no photos even though all folders included, Legacy Photos and...: I have reported this through Feedback with screen shots and videos of the issue MULTIPLE times since the new Photos App was launched and have not had even an acknowledgement that there might be an issue.The new Photos app shows NO photographs at all when the photos library...
  4. My photos aren't showing in folders after the Photos app update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My photos aren't showing in folders after the Photos app update: I just installed the Photos app update on the Microsoft Store. When I open the application then add a folder in drive E:\ that contains photos, the photos are not loaded and the result is that there are no photos available in the folder.Pleaseeee help me.Screenshot:...
  5. My photos aren't showing in folders after the Photos app update

My photos aren't showing in folders after the Photos app update: I just installed the Photos app update on the Microsoft Store. When I open the application then add a folder in drive E:\ that contains photos, the photos are not loaded and the result is that there are no photos available in the folder.Pleaseeee help me.Screenshot:...
  6. Photos app doesn't show all photos when a network storage is selected as the source

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app doesn't show all photos when a network storage is selected as the source: Hello,For years I had all my .jpg photos on an external hard drive and also choose the main folder on this external hard disk as the source folder in the photos app. That also works, after some time the photos app found all photos and everything was fine.But then I decided to...
  7. Photos app doesn't show all photos when a network storage is selected as the source

Photos app doesn't show all photos when a network storage is selected as the source: Hello,For years I had all my .jpg photos on an external hard drive and also choose the main folder on this external hard disk as the source folder in the photos app. That also works, after some time the photos app found all photos and everything was fine.But then I decided to...
  8. Photos in the photos app won't show up in pictures folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos in the photos app won't show up in pictures folder?: When I access the Photos app, I see my photos from my phone on there. But where are they saved exactly? Because they're not appearing in the Pictures folder......
  9. "Photos" app shows all pictures in selected folders; "Pictures" library shows...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Photos" app shows all pictures in selected folders; "Pictures" library shows...: I want my Pictures library to show me all of my pictures. I assume that's part of the point of the library. When I go into the Library and add my folders, it adds the entire folder and everything in it. On a previous topic, one user suggested clicking "Optimize for...
  10. Photo app crashes while selecting photos

Photo app crashes while selecting photos: I am having problems uploading photos unless I manually delete the previous photos. I used to have the option under "Import Settings" to automatically delete items from device after download; I just had to check that option. Now, I don't have that option; the only options I...