Windows 10: Photo App shows the same 5 pictures all the time

Discus and support Photo App shows the same 5 pictures all the time in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; What's with Photo App live tile? It keeps showing the same 5 photos. Ron 50931 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dnrron, May 19, 2016.

1. dnrron Win User

Photo App shows the same 5 pictures all the time

What's with Photo App live tile? It keeps showing the same 5 photos.

Ron

:)

dnrron, May 19, 2016
  2. LCRT Win User

Photo attachments all the same photo

I think it is a bug with files that have the same name. Haven't tried any workaround yet, but others have reported the same issue.

3. smc_55 Win User
    Photo attachments all the same photo

When I receive an email with more than one photo attachment, all photos look the same. Only one picture actually downloads into my gmail on the phone. I verify that there are several photos on a computer. Is there a fix on my phone to accept all
    of the sent photos?

smc_55, May 19, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

In the Photo App settings you can choose to show either a single picture or recent photos. If you have recent photos selected it will show the most recent ones and then if you add more it should change to these newer pictures provided they have a more recent date associated with the image file.

philc43, May 20, 2016
  5. dnrron Win User
    Phil,
    The definitive word in your reply is "SHOULD". But, in actuality, this is not what happens.

I studied the Photo App on 3 different computers. The first was Windows 8.1 where the Photo App flips endless photos from the chosen folders. The second was Windows 10 where the Photo App flips the same 5 pictures; not necessarily the most recent. Also, when I selected the option to include the OneDrive Picture folder, which was empty, it resulted in no photos shown at all. Finally, I looked at my computer which is Windows 10 Insider Build 14342. Again, Photo App flipped only 5 pictures. They were from Apr, March, Feb 2016, Dec 2015 and June 2014. I have several more recent photos including some I added today. Also, selecting the OneDrive Pictures folder made no difference; the same 5 pictures flipped.

So, what purpose does the live option of the Photo App serve if it can only handle 5 random photos? And why is it limited to 5 which appear to be cached somewhere?

dnrron, May 20, 2016
  6. It's pretty lousy tile. Mine works ok in as much as 5 show and they seem to be more recent - but there is no control over it and it seems pretty random. Much preferred the old Windows 7 photo gallery gadget

Scottyboy99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Photo App shows the same 5 pictures all the time - Similar Threads - Photo App shows

2. desktop icon showing same picture on all icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop icon showing same picture on all icons: how can i change the fact that all my icons on desktop have the same picture on them all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-showing-same-picture-on-all-icons/f0d1cf0d-b807-428c-b6f1-97cee2f581cf
  3. desktop icon showing same picture on all icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop icon showing same picture on all icons: how can i change the fact that all my icons on desktop have the same picture on them all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-showing-same-picture-on-all-icons/f0d1cf0d-b807-428c-b6f1-97cee2f581cf
  4. desktop icon showing same picture on all icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Photos app not showing all photos [Fixed]

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Photos app not showing all photos [Fixed]: [ATTACH]Windows 11/10 offers a built-in photo viewer and editor called the Photos app. It’s a OneDrive integrated application that also includes editing, timeline, album creation, etc. If you cannot view your photos or are skeptical that the Photos app is not showing all...
  6. photos app and pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos app and pictures: Why is it that the photos app duplicates photos into the pictures files? who needs that? The problem is that you cannot move photos to the pictures file or make new folders or choose where you want your pictures to go as it used to be. And why in the world are there two...
  7. Apps keep crashing all at the same time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps keep crashing all at the same time: I use Windows 10 and a bunch of apps just crashed all at the same time. I had all 3 open at the same time and they all consecutively crashed I'm assuming it ran out of some computer resource and they all crashed. I have a Ryzen 5 3600 an GTX 1660 and 16 gig's of ram. I had 2...
  8. Photos in the photos app won't show up in pictures folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos in the photos app won't show up in pictures folder?: When I access the Photos app, I see my photos from my phone on there. But where are they saved exactly? Because they're not appearing in the Pictures folder......
  9. "Photos" app shows all pictures in selected folders; "Pictures" library shows...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Photos" app shows all pictures in selected folders; "Pictures" library shows...: I want my Pictures library to show me all of my pictures. I assume that's part of the point of the library. When I go into the Library and add my folders, it adds the entire folder and everything in it. On a previous topic, one user suggested clicking "Optimize for...
  10. Windows Photo Takes Time To Show Picture

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Photo Takes Time To Show Picture: Hello,I Have Windows 10 pro 1909 and when i try to open Picture of something it shows me a black screen then the image load.please if you have anything that can make the image open faster tell me.[ATTACH]...