Windows 10: photo app shows up after sign in

Discus and support photo app shows up after sign in in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After signing in to my computer, and it goes to my desk top, my photos app automatically pops up. How do I stop this from happening? 21681 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by purrfectrda, Sep 7, 2015.

1. photo app shows up after sign in

After signing in to my computer, and it goes to my desk top, my photos app automatically pops up. How do I stop this from happening?

:)

purrfectrda, Sep 7, 2015
  2. Integrama Win User

The Microsoft Photo app keeps crashing...

Photos App Closing Abruptly after opening - ( 30/45 seconds or so).

I opened the Photos app.

Added a Source folder via the Settings of the Photos App, before the Photos App tries to close.

Re-opened the Photos app to Sign Out from OneDrive. Again, you've got to be quick.

Removed the OneDrive Source folder - no files were deleted.

Also, toggled-off the Microsoft OneDrive option in Settings, which is described as ...

"Show my cloud-only content from OneDrive".

Once you've Signed out, you can tidy-up and delete any Collections and-the-like, that were trying to Refresh.

Before doing any of the above, in File Explorer, I made a New Folder in Pictures and added some photos.

This is the folder above, that was added as a Source folder to the Photos app.

My thinking is, Photos needs a default folder in which to search for photos and if one does not exist,

it will tirelessly default to OneDrive.

As far as maintenance is concerned, I believe the most important point is signing-out.

I was not aware of being signed-in when I was using the Photos app,

as I was only using it to quickly preview my photos on my local disk.

I had to click 'Show all Photos' to experience the abrupt shutting down of the app.

Aside:

My last message to MS Community about ...

"Photos App hogging Resources after Falls Creators Update", Feb 13, 2018,

did indeed succeed for myself but I can't help thinking that it could've been a lot easier,

if I had Signed Out first.

Integrama, Sep 7, 2015
  3. marcbyron Win User
    N97: Please! Not again! Downloaded images are not appearing in "downloaded" list

Still not showing up. They are showing up in the Photo Browser, but not the photo app. Nothing that was added after the 2.1 upgrade.

Will this ever end?

marcbyron, Sep 7, 2015
Thema:

photo app shows up after sign in

1. photo app shows up after sign in - Similar Threads - photo app shows

2. Icloud photos don't show up anymore in photos app windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icloud photos don't show up anymore in photos app windows 10: Icloud photos don't show up anymore in photos app, it used to work fine before.Now the message "Oops! Please add iCloud to Folders" appears.Tried adding the icloud photos folder again, but this don't change anything....
  3. Photos app not showing up in Apps & Features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app not showing up in Apps & Features: So basically, Photos was crashing, so I tried to fix it.I wanted to reset the app, but it didn't show up.I wondered why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-not-showing-up-in-apps-features/a10a6cb8-96e1-407d-b18f-eeafaa86f1f7
  4. Photos app not showing up in Apps & Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app not showing up in Apps & Features: So basically, Photos was crashing, so I tried to fix it.I wanted to reset the app, but it didn't show up.I wondered why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-not-showing-up-in-apps-features/a10a6cb8-96e1-407d-b18f-eeafaa86f1f7
  5. My photos aren't showing in folders after the Photos app update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My photos aren't showing in folders after the Photos app update: I just installed the Photos app update on the Microsoft Store. When I open the application then add a folder in drive E:\ that contains photos, the photos are not loaded and the result is that there are no photos available in the folder.Pleaseeee help me.Screenshot:...
  6. My photos aren't showing in folders after the Photos app update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My photos aren't showing in folders after the Photos app update: I just installed the Photos app update on the Microsoft Store. When I open the application then add a folder in drive E:\ that contains photos, the photos are not loaded and the result is that there are no photos available in the folder.Pleaseeee help me.Screenshot:...
  7. My photos aren't showing in folders after the Photos app update

8. Photos in the photos app won't show up in pictures folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos in the photos app won't show up in pictures folder?: When I access the Photos app, I see my photos from my phone on there. But where are they saved exactly? Because they're not appearing in the Pictures folder......
  9. Emojis showing up as boxes on photo apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Emojis showing up as boxes on photo apps: When I try to make a design on Cavas and use an emoji from the touch keyboard or getemoji.com and download it, the photo apps show the emojii as a box. Does anyone know how I can fix this? I tried dowlonading FSViewer to see it worked but is still shows up as a box submitted...
  10. Photos app next / previous arrows not showing up.

Photos app next / previous arrows not showing up.: I'm not getting any previous / next arrows in the Photos app when opening a photo within a folder full of photos. The folders have only images in them. The folder optimization is set to "Pictures". Still no arrows in the Photos preview. These folders are linked to my...