Windows 10: photo edit & print software not working correctly with W10

Discus and support photo edit & print software not working correctly with W10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have 3 photo edit/print programs on board, all of which worked perfectly under windows 7. However, since upgrading (?) to 10 I now find that none of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by granddad, Dec 8, 2015.

1. granddad Win User

photo edit & print software not working correctly with W10

I have 3 photo edit/print programs on board, all of which worked perfectly under windows 7. However, since upgrading (?) to 10 I now find that none of them work properly, various problems, particularly printed image size. For instance, I wanted to print a 6" x 4" photo at actual size, but could only get it to print to full A4. After much fiddling & cussing I thought I had managed to get it to behave, only to find that it would then only print out at 3" x 2"!!! I have literally spent hours trying to solve this problem, can anyone help? Is the problem with the software or is it the printer/laptop setup? I use an Epson XP-700 printer if that helps.

:)

granddad, Dec 8, 2015

2. Windows 10 How do you print from my photos?

Oh, thanks!

I have Windows 10, printing on an HP printer in the same LAN. The printer is defined on W10 and works correctly. I wanted to print some photos that had just arrived from a cell phone from the Photos app. But there does not seem to be a print function in
    Photos. Is that really so?

Many thanks, Stephen

StephenPfeiffer, Dec 8, 2015
  3. Images acquisition date (EXIF) in Resources Exploration.

I already mentioned that editing program name (the version is 9.00).

Which program or software did you use to edit the pictures?

The editing SW is Paint Shop Pro9 (JascSoftware), a program very old but still very good and perfectly running in Win10. It is no more supported, so that I had to buy a new expensive edition.

The compatibility is not the problem, the program works perfectly in W10 as in W8, exactly like in WinXP and, also in W10, writes the edited files exactly as WinXP does.

I think I already explained that the "heart" of the problem is how W8 and W10 access EXIF datas: all photo management programs (also versions updated for W10), as well as WinXP, seek on and see correctly that date (shut date) ... just W8 and W10 don't!!!

Thanks anyway.

gmarcom_996, Dec 8, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

Hi and welcome to the Ten Forums!

What photo edit programs are you trying to use? Each program may have its own printer setup menu with settings that you can adjust. Then there is the print software that comes with the Epson Printer which you may have installed as well.

Pay attention to page size, image size and what resolution the image is set to (pixels per inch). Depending on the software there may be check boxes for print full size (fill page) or actual size.

philc43, Dec 8, 2015
  5. davidhk Win User
    @ granddad,
    May I suggest " process of elimination".

1. Uninstall > then reinstall photo editing program. If that makes no difference, then #2.
    2. Uninstall > then reinstall Epson printer.

Sorry. Not much of a suggestion.

davidhk, Dec 8, 2015
  6. granddad Win User
    My thanks to davidhk and philc43 for your replies and solutions, both of which worked after much fiddling about! However, almost 4 weeks on and things have not improved, it seems that not a week goes by without yet another problem cropping up. I have now come to the conclusion (which I suspected all along) that the much vaunted and much hyped Windows 10 is a complete and utter piece of crap. At least when I was using Windows 7, although I didn't like it very much, it did work, and my laptop seemed quite happy with it. ( it was pre-installed when I bought the laptop new.) Since the laughably named 'upgrade' to 10 I have had nothing but problems, one after another. With hindsight I should have known better, having used various Microsoft OS's over the years I should have expected trouble. I have now reached the point where I have decided to take the laptop back to my local dealer, who installed 10 for me, and ask, nay beg, him to remove it completely and install something reliable, like Windows XP Pro. Failing that I'm going to throw the damn thing in the skip and buy a MacBook!

granddad, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. photo edit & print software not working correctly with W10 - Similar Threads - photo edit print

2. Edit in photos video editing not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edit in photos video editing not working: This problem is oddly specific, as I can't find anyone else with the same problem.Im trying to cut some videos down with "Edit in photos" and when I try to save it to a new folder, it just sits on the loading screen. Nothing happens, I've tried everything and nothing seems to...
  3. Edit in photos video editing not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edit in photos video editing not working: This problem is oddly specific, as I can't find anyone else with the same problem.Im trying to cut some videos down with "Edit in photos" and when I try to save it to a new folder, it just sits on the loading screen. Nothing happens, I've tried everything and nothing seems to...
  4. New photo editing software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New photo editing software: I was just forced to get the new Microsoft photo editing software. It suddenly appeared replacing my current Microsoft photo editing program. No notice, no option not to take it, just "boom", here it is on your pc, deal with it. Here's the problem. Unlike the old software the...
  5. New photo editing software

New photo editing software: I was just forced to get the new Microsoft photo editing software. It suddenly appeared replacing my current Microsoft photo editing program. No notice, no option not to take it, just "boom", here it is on your pc, deal with it. Here's the problem. Unlike the old software the...
  6. W10 photo editing refuses to resize

W10 photo editing refuses to resize: Recently after an update my W10 editing suite now refuses to RESIZE. Can anyone help pls. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-photo-editing-refuses-to-resize/cce5950b-4b67-4948-b5dc-32b1a04a27ff
  7. Microsoft photo printing software

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft photo printing software: Looking for an EASY software that I can print photos from that will allow me to pick the size. I don't need all the fancy bells and whistles just simple editing with size, clarity, color corrections, etc. Not filtering, layering, etc. Simple photo printing. Any...
  8. best photo editing software

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    best photo editing software: What is the best free photo editing software that works with windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-photo-editing-software/e07c2cab-ca06-40a4-992f-a1b26c111c4f"
  9. Automatic Update Made Photo Editing Not Work Correctly

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic Update Made Photo Editing Not Work Correctly: Microsoft ran an automated update a couple of days ago and now photo editing is not working the way it did previously. I shoot a lot of photos for a local news website and after editing, saved them with new names that help me sort--so, for example, football photos might be...
  10. Free photo editing software

Free photo editing software: I see a download that mimics the old PICASA: https://picasa.en.uptodown.com/windows. Is this legit? Is it malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-photo-editing-software/c50baf82-b489-4945-a6a1-0dbc9d795db2