Windows 10: Photo editing - unwanted borders

Discus and support Photo editing - unwanted borders in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Trying to use the W10 Photos app but even using borderless option or full page option some borders still remain or appear when I go to the PRINT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by johntus, Oct 15, 2016.

1. johntus Win User

Photo editing - unwanted borders

Trying to use the W10 Photos app but even using borderless option or full page option some borders still remain or appear when I go to the PRINT option. I would appreciate any help as a bit of a novice to say the least. I haven't found another suitable Photoprint app for Windows 10 so any recommendations would be gratefully received. Used Epson Easy Print on last computer which was perfect!

Thank you
    John

:)

johntus, Oct 15, 2016
  2. Welchman Win User

Cannot print photos without borders.

Can any one advise me how to print photos with no borders using Windows10. The print page shows "no borders" but I still get a border.

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

Welchman, Oct 15, 2016
  3. New Windows update caused a border on Photos. How do I remove borders?

Windows Photos. Before yesterdays latest windows update I could open a photo and adjust the photo to have no border. With the latest forced windows update every photo now has a border. I do not want a border.

Bryanq6019, Oct 15, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

If Photos doesn't cut it for you (sorry for the pun) there are plenty of other photo editors - including desktop programs rather than universal apps...

dalchina, Oct 15, 2016
  5. Barman58 Win User
    What you must consider is that the Aspect Ratio of the normal computer, (16:9, 16:10, 4:3), screen is usually different from the Aspect ratio of the paper used for prints. This means that without some work to fit the image to the paper there is always likely to be some border.

There is also the fact that a lot of printers, (even those with a borderless option), have a small area that is not usable as it is used for the paper feed.

Professional printers get around this problem by using oversized paper and trimming to size after printing

For a free option for photo organisation and viewing/ Cropping for printing you could take a look at IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide

Barman58, Oct 15, 2016
  6. johntus Win User
    Thank you for your help. I have dowloaded Irfan. I note that the edit options don't appear to include Lighten or Enhance unless I'm looking in the wrong place?

thanks again.
    John

johntus, Oct 15, 2016
  7. Barman58 Win User
    Irfanview is a viewer and sizing program rather than an editor.

Open source editors are available, take a look at the Gimp project, Which is complex but also very powerful (it can be used for basic edits too )

Paint.NET - Free Software for Digital Photo Editing is a simpler but good option that many forum members use

Barman58, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Photo editing - unwanted borders - Similar Threads - Photo editing unwanted

2. Photo editing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo editing: I just got a new computer Windows 11. How do I crop a photo to 4x6? Everything is in ratios. Also is there a better photo editing program? I had Windows 8 before It had Windows Photo Viewer which was GREAT and the editing options were MUCH better than this program. Anyway to...
  3. Editing photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Editing photos: I can edit my photos from my Sony camera np problem but I am unable to do any editing on photos from my Samsung S10e mobile. The message 'oops, couldn't save that one' appears. Can you help me out with this please....
  4. Photo editing

Photo editing: When I type on a picture using the photo editor, the video creator is activated bottom of screen. Then when I try to save my edits to the photo, I get a message that I need to finish my video before I can save. Very frustrating. Something is corrupted in the video editing...
  5. Editing a Photo

Editing a Photo: On Paint, how do I cut out and save a circled object from a photo, after I draw the circle around it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/editing-a-photo/f810d7a1-834f-4502-b90e-e16ff5446f89
  6. Unwanted computer photos Microsoft Photo

Unwanted computer photos Microsoft Photo: Hello - I have the Google Pixel xl3 and when I link my phone to my laptop and it collects my unsaved photos and there are over 2000 of them. They aren't photos I took, but it has the blank photo icon and I think it is pics from applications I have been to. I just opened...
  7. Editing photo

Editing photo: The enhance function hasn't been working for a week or so in Windows Photo Editor. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/editing-photo/ea707164-ce2d-4685-b11a-3652046487c5
  8. Why did unwanted grey border line display in photo app in windows 10?

Why did unwanted grey border line display in photo app in windows 10?: As the title above, Whenever I open an image with white background by Photo App in Windows 10 and use mouse to zoom in or zoom out, The unwanted border line shows. This is the bug of Microsoft Windows 10? [ATTACH]...
  9. PHOTOS EDITING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PHOTOS EDITING: Some times after finishing editing ,clicking SAVE takes a long time to complete, sometimes never---Clicking ENHANCE most of the time does nothing, all other functions work OK RAY...
  10. Unwanted photo album

Unwanted photo album: My wife has a Win7 desktop machine that she uses for stuff brought home from work, but also keeps a collection of photos that she posts to Facebook, etc. Rather than let her deal with any fallout from an automatic Win10 upgrade While I wasn't around, I did it manually...