Windows 10: photo in a secondary user account

Discus and support photo in a secondary user account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Good day, dd I have a local user account where I've added a personal photo. Created an additional account but don't know how to place a personal... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Sylvan, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Sylvan Win User

photo in a secondary user account

Good day,
    dd
    I have a local user account where I've added a personal photo. Created an additional account but don't know how to place a personal picture on it. There seems to be no choices to change the existing generic photo in either Control Panel or PC Settings.
    This can't be a new question so my apologies if it has been answered elsewhere.

Thx very much.....

:)

Sylvan, Apr 1, 2016
  2. Saschavan Win User

I have a secondary user account(family) not able to log on

I have a secondary user account(family) not able to log on, everytime the password is entered I get a new cover photo, but no access to user accounts start page. The password is correct and the user account is correctly set up.

Saschavan, Apr 1, 2016
  3. can't sign in to microsoft account on windows10

On Windows 10, I have a primary administrative user account that was previously local and is now signed in as a Microsoft account. All functions, including Store sign-in and app use and whatever else, work fine for that account.

Both of the secondary user accounts on the computer are still local, and in every case, no matter when I am in the Store or trying Cortana, or in Settings, or whatever, every single instance where I try to sign in as a Microsoft account for the secondary
    users, the dialog box appears for a half second and then disappears. And then I see the spinning cursor, which goes away when I move the mouse.

There is no error message, just a fleeting glimpse of the sign-in box.

When I am signed on as the administrator, I can create new accounts using the Microsoft sign-in for those two secondary users, and then the Store, etc. works fine for them -- but that's useless, because all their info (apps, settings, photos, documents,
    data, etc.) is linked to their local sign-ins.

Somehow, I have got to find a way to sign into the secondary users Microsoft accounts from within their local profiles, which is what I initially did for myself when I set up Windows 10.

I have seen numerous postings with this "disappearing log-in window" problem. What now?

please help me to solve this...

RAMesh YAdav847, Apr 1, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 1, 2016
  5. Sylvan Win User
    Thanks for such a rapid response. The tutorial shows how to place a personal photo into a user account. And I had no problems doing that. My question is in regards to an additional or secondary account that I have created. That's where I want to replace the generic little person icon with a personal photo and I see no way of doing it. A name change is allowed but I do not see "change picture".

Thx again.....

Sylvan, Apr 1, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 1, 2016
  7. Sylvan Win User
    Hello Brink,

I have two user accounts. One with admin. privileges and one standard. On the former I changed the photo on the intro. screen but could not change the default icon picture on the standard account. Since writing to you I realized that I can only change the photo on a user account if I am actually logged in into that account. I was attempting to change photos on the standard account while logged into the admin. account. So I solved my own problem but I thank you for trying to help.

Sylvan, Apr 2, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Ah, ok. I'm glad it turned out to be a simple solution. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. photo in a secondary user account - Similar Threads - photo secondary user

2. Secondary Mail account will not sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secondary Mail account will not sync: Hello!I have been having problems with Win 10, so I have just completed a clean install of Win 10.I am now having trouble with Win 10 mail.My secondary account will not sync.My service provider is BT internet, I can sign on with both accounts to the BT server and all works...
  3. Secondary Mail account will not sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secondary Mail account will not sync: Hello!I have been having problems with Win 10, so I have just completed a clean install of Win 10.I am now having trouble with Win 10 mail.My secondary account will not sync.My service provider is BT internet, I can sign on with both accounts to the BT server and all works...
  4. Secondary Mail account will not sync

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. WMR Not Working In Main Account, But Is On Secondary Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMR Not Working In Main Account, But Is On Secondary Account: Hello,Previously many months ago in my main user account I have been able to play in Windows Mixed Reality with a VR headset no problem. Last week I launched WMR to play in VR and nothing appeared on the headset or in WMR, no cliffhouse. I decided to uninstall and reinstall...
  6. Run as different user: How to give permissions to a secondary user on the primary user account.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Run as different user: How to give permissions to a secondary user on the primary user account.: I am having a problem with the application Canon Digital Photo Professional DPP. It is not responding. I created a secondary admin account and tested the application and it works fine on that account. The only problem is that account cannot access the drives on my computer...
  7. Secondary user not working properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Secondary user not working properly: windows 10 second user & third user start button not working and apps not working properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secondary-user-not-working-properly/d641a808-7e37-4bdf-a31c-be2018d815a6
  8. Problematic LogIn Request in Secondary User Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problematic LogIn Request in Secondary User Account: Hello Microsoft Community, I purchased a Western Digital My Passport external hard drive and have installed it on my Windows 10 HP Pavilion desktop. I installed all of the WD software Backup, Discovery and Drive Utilities using my Administrator account. The drive seems to...
  9. Forgot Password for Secondary User

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot Password for Secondary User: I have a Windows 10 Operating System and I have a secondary user account set up on my computer. However, it's been more than a year since I logged into that account and I cannot remember the password. I've checked everywhere to locate instructions on how to reset the...
  10. Secondary email account not opening

in Browsers and Email
    Secondary email account not opening: I have two main email accounts one Hotmail and one with my ISP. Now I have set up a folder in settings and via the Outlook page but it shows no messages and I know there will be messages there because it is the back up email in case I have to redo my Microsoft account. Now...