Windows 10: Photo preview/view problems: shows all images, not current selection

Discus and support Photo preview/view problems: shows all images, not current selection in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am having problems with my photo images, specifically serious problems regarding trying to preview or view only selected images from a single folder.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Aotrs Commander, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Photo preview/view problems: shows all images, not current selection

I am having problems with my photo images, specifically serious problems regarding trying to preview or view only selected images from a single folder.

Before I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7, on both XP and Win 7, I was able to control-select photos, right-click and use Preview in Window Photo Viewer to preview the selected photos only, navigating between them using the arrow buttons. (The open command was set to Paint Shop Pro 8.)

I have managed to get to the point where I can at least, preview photos using WPV with "open with" (having set PSP8 to the default app). However, whether I use WPV or the photo app, the left/right scroll options navigate through the entire contents of the folder, instead of just the selected images.

Given that I specifically used this feature to compare photographs so that I could delete duplicates and assess whether one image was better than another, this is rather frustrating. It means that, at current, the only way to do that is to open a seperate instance of each photo in a seperate window, instead of being able to scroll through those images.

Case in point, I have two images Centurion shotkalaelf 01.jpg and Centurion shotkalaelf 04.jpg. I want to be able to examine both to see if they are identical. Before, I could just control-select both, right-click and hit preview, and then could scroll backwards and forwards between the two pictures. (And "open" would open both images in PSP 8.)

Now, if I right-click "open with" using either Windows Photos Viewer or the new photo app, it opens one window trying to use the arrows merely skips to the next image in the folder, instead of the selected photo.

(In fact, having closed and opened Explorer, now it won't bring up "open with" at ALL if I control-select more than one image.)

What do I do to remedy this issue? If it requires having to download a third-party utility image viewer, that's fine; I just need SOMETHING that will let me control-select to preview/view pictures and navigate between them without having to open a window for every one.

:)

Aotrs Commander, Mar 17, 2016

2. Camera app need instruction or a video please

Hi JudyBurr,

The best way to view all your photos in Windows 10 is in the Photos app.

After you take a picture with the Camera and you click the little preview image to view that picture, you'll see a button that says either "View collection" or "View all photos." This button opens the Photos app, where you can see all your photos (we call
    this your "collection"), organized by date, album, or folder.

If you'd like to see a video that shows you all you can do in the Photos app, go to the Start menu, type "Get Started" and open the Get Started app. In that app, select Apps and Store, and then select "See all your photos."

I hope this helps!

Antonia

Antonia Blume, Mar 17, 2016
  3. corris Win User
    Photo Thumbnails go blank

Hi, When in go to photos (jpegs) the thumbnails in preview are all white boxes. The details of the title are still there but no preview image. Even more weird is if i change the view to list and then back to say large icon the preview shows but one by
    one they fade to white like a domino effect. Really frustrating.

Thanks

corris, Mar 17, 2016
Thema:

Photo preview/view problems: shows all images, not current selection

1. Photo preview/view problems: shows all images, not current selection - Similar Threads - Photo preview view

2. Photos: Problem when selecting "View actual size" by right-clicking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos: Problem when selecting "View actual size" by right-clicking: Normally, when I right-click on an image in Photos and select "View actual size", I can drag the image around to focus on different parts of it. Last night, however, I noticed that I could no longer drag images around when viewing the actual size. The same issue occurred when...
  3. Can't View Images in Preview Pane - Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't View Images in Preview Pane - Help: I'm unable to view images as thumbnails in preview pane in windows explorer. How do I fix this? 168481
  4. "Photos" app shows all pictures in selected folders; "Pictures" library shows...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Photos" app shows all pictures in selected folders; "Pictures" library shows...: I want my Pictures library to show me all of my pictures. I assume that's part of the point of the library. When I go into the Library and add my folders, it adds the entire folder and everything in it. On a previous topic, one user suggested clicking "Optimize for...
  5. Preview of Photos and images

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Preview of Photos and images: We are interior designers and we search for images jpgs in folders every day. We are losing so much time to the problem of not being able to preview thumbnails of photos or images in each folder window, we just get this: We have tried everything we have found online for...
  6. Image Previews Not Showing

Image Previews Not Showing: Kind Regards, I recently had a clean reinstall of Win10 and ever since then, my image preview thumbnails are not showing. I have followed just about any instruction in this forum and in other threads to try and fix this problem but I just can`t solve it. My folder...
  7. Microsoft Photos no longer shows preview when editing images

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Photos no longer shows preview when editing images: I used to be able to crop images with Microsoft Photos, after which I get to see a preview of the cropped image before I can decide if I want to save it or redo the cropping. Now cropping an image only lets you save a copy instead. If the crop is unsatisfactory I have to save...
  8. Not all photo thumbnail previews showing - Windows 10

Not all photo thumbnail previews showing - Windows 10: basically only some files will show their previews and I've already tried resetting the thumbnail cache and checking if show thumbnails instead of icons was unchecked; which it wasn't. I've been having this issue for a while now and its been making it harder to find things as...
  9. Most but not all photo programs show images all screwed up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most but not all photo programs show images all screwed up.: I've been having problems with my photo programs. They've been loading slowly and crashing, and lately most of them show screwed up versions of my images. In the attached screenshots, the IrfanView thumbnails are accurate, but the Aftershot Pro 3 and Photoshop Elements 13...
  10. Image view problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Image view problem: Hi All, I want see Image when i open any images folder, but i am seeing only icons of the image, what is the reason, and how can resolve it, please help me, after upgrading to windows 10 i am facing this issue. i have attached screen shot also, there you can understand my...