Windows 10: Photo screensaver - hangs or slow to "wake up"

Discus and support Photo screensaver - hangs or slow to "wake up" in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi I use the Win10 built-in photo screensaver. If I try "wake up" my PC (ie. click on keyboard or move /click mouse), the computer seems to hang... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by larrens, Aug 30, 2016.

1. larrens Win User

Photo screensaver - hangs or slow to "wake up"

Hi

I use the Win10 built-in photo screensaver.

If I try "wake up" my PC (ie. click on keyboard or move /click mouse), the computer seems to hang (or is slow) to exit the screensaver mode.

I do use a Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse.

Has anyone experienced this and if so, what is the fix?

Thanks

:)

larrens, Aug 30, 2016
  2. tomasek Win User

Blank screen on return from screensaver

I have the same problem, change the screensaver works, but I would like to have "Windows live Photo Gallery" as my screensaver.

tomasek, Aug 30, 2016
  3. Just updated Windows 10 with KB4022405 and KB4020821 now NO AUDIO

After this HUGE update Edge now has no Favorites. When opening "Favorites" Edge locks up and computer must be restarted. ScreenSaver does not wake up. Must also then restart.

RedRiverGuy, Aug 30, 2016
Thema:

Photo screensaver - hangs or slow to "wake up"

1. Photo screensaver - hangs or slow to "wake up" - Similar Threads - Photo screensaver hangs

2. Slow screen wake up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow screen wake up: so recently i noticed something weird with my laptop. when i try to wake the screen from screen timeout it take a long time to respond, it show black screen for like 10-20 sec and then go to main screen. My laptop is ROG gl553vd i put my windows on m.2, 16gb of ram. with m.2...
  3. Desktop and screensaver photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop and screensaver photos: I used to get a friendly note every morning telling me where the photo was taken and what it represented. This has now stopped. How can I get the facility back? Also can I get different changing photos every day for BOTH desktop and screensaver or just for the desktop? I am...
  4. No photos screensaver

No photos screensaver: This seems to have happened since the last Windows update. I had a photo set as 'wallpaper' or background but also had a screensaver which showed photos from my photo gallery - each one for a few seconds. But I cant seem to set this up now. Any help appreciated. Thanks...
  5. Photos as Screensaver

Photos as Screensaver: I have a strange problem. I have a large inventory of photos that I have set up as a screensaver. The photos are in a designated folder within the Photos folder. It is set to rotate randomly. The inventory consist of about 400 pictures. For some reason, the random...
  6. sytem starts slow and hangs up easily

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    sytem starts slow and hangs up easily: I am on version 19559.1 wihich I downloaded 9 Feb Since I downloaded this version it is difficult to start, hangs up after ten minutes and I need to restart, can not close unless I use on/off button, so how can I remove it. Thanks 150292
  7. Slow wake up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow wake up: I have a toshiba portege r835 which is a pretty old laptop but it has a reliable intel core i5 2nd gen processor. there is a power light near the trackpad which blinks yellow when the pc is asleep and turns green the moment i lift the lid. it's pretty fast and reponsive. but...
  8. Windows 10 slow to wake up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 slow to wake up: I have been having a terrible time getting my Windows 10 to wake up. Moving the mouse or hitting any key on the keyboard used to automatically wake up my system but that's not happening now. Any ideas as to why this all of a sudden started happening and/or any suggestion as...
  9. Not Allowing Password Input After Waking Up from Screensaver

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Not Allowing Password Input After Waking Up from Screensaver: I noticed a peculiar issue yesterday. When the screensaver is active and I clicked the mouse to wake up the computer, I am taken to the lock screen where it displays the date and time. I need to click the mouse again to bring up the login screen, where I put in my password...
  10. 2nd monitor slow to wake up.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2nd monitor slow to wake up.: Lenovo B50 with W10. After a recent upgrade (a forced windows upgrade) this problem began. Not a W10 install but a periodic Windows upgrade. Prior to the upgrade there were no issues. I have dual monitors and the #2 monitor takes 5+ minutes to wake up. It does this both...