Windows 10: photo tags export/import old/new pc

Discus and support photo tags export/import old/new pc in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just bought a new pc and started to sync my onedrive library to have a local copy on my pc. So just now I opened the photos app and realised that all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarkRoosemont, Aug 6, 2018.

1. photo tags export/import old/new pc

I just bought a new pc and started to sync my onedrive library to have a local copy on my pc. So just now I opened the photos app and realised that all the people I had previously, on my old pc, tagged with the right names are now untagged.

Is there a way to return to my old pc and have these tags synced along with the photos?

:)

MarkRoosemont, Aug 6, 2018
  2. e.gray Win User

Importing favorites from old pc

Just to clarify... this is a three-step solution

Step 1 - export your favorites from your old PC into a bookmarks.htm file

Step 2 - Import those bookmarks into IE on your new system

Step 3 - Import those bookmarks from IE into Edge

e.gray, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Taters88 Win User
    exporting and importing Favourites

If I export My Favourites to a USB for importing on a new computer, does it wipe the favourites list off of the 'old' computer?

Taters88, Aug 6, 2018
  4. Ruz San Win User

photo tags export/import old/new pc

importing photos

Thank you for clearing that out. It looks like you are importing the files using the Photos app. When you import photos using this app, the files get imported into your Pictures library. To view these files, refer to these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • On the list of folders on the left side of the window, click on Pictures. You shall see the photos imported from the SD card using the Photos app.

Another option you have is to import the files solely using File Explorer. Here's how you can do it:

• Connect the SD card into the computer.
    • Launch File Explorer.
    • Click on This PC.
    • Locate your SD card under Devices and drives.
    • Double-click on the SD card.
    • Manually choose which photos to move into your local folders. Right-click on each photo and choose
      Copy (Ctrl + C) then go to the destination folder then right-click on an empty space in the window and select
      Paste (Ctrl + V).
    • If you are importing all the photos, you can press Ctrl + A on the keyboard to select all of the files. Copy then Paste them into the destination folder.
    • If you are importing selective photos, hold the Ctrl key while clicking on the photos you want to copy. This will let you choose a number of photos instead of selecting all of them like what Step 7 suggests.

Once you're able to get the hang of the tricks, importing photos will not be a challenge anymore.

Tell us which method works best for you.

We're here if you need more help.

Ruz San, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

photo tags export/import old/new pc

1. photo tags export/import old/new pc - Similar Threads - photo tags export

2. Export People tags from Windows 10 Photos app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Export People tags from Windows 10 Photos app: I put a few hours of work into this, hopefully its helpful to others. I wanted to be able to create a query against the Photos database to output the People it identified through face recognition and the names I assigned to those recognition groups. I could then use this as...
  3. Export Person tags from Windows 10 Photos app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Export Person tags from Windows 10 Photos app: I put a few hours of work into this, hopefully its helpful to others. I wanted to be able to create a query against the Photos database to output the People it identified through face recognition and the names I assigned to those recognition groups. I could then use this as...
  4. Computer Freezing When Importing/Exporting Photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Freezing When Importing/Exporting Photos: This problem originated in Lightroom, but was reproduced in Capture One as well. When importing or exporting photos, computer would freeze - everything is unresponsive - and to reboot, I have to cut the power switch on the power supply. Computer boots back up perfectly fine...
  5. Windows 10 Photos App - Export tags or edit tags

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Photos App - Export tags or edit tags: Dear, In the file explorer I tagged all my pictures with references to people names, places, special occasions, etc... It's a huge work, especially for the faces, but it's the only way to find after many years later pictures. As the info is stored in the file you can...
  6. Importing bookmarks from old PC to new PC

in Browsers and Email
    Importing bookmarks from old PC to new PC: I have installed Firefox on my new PC and now wish to import all my FF bookmarks from my old desk top (Vista), I have them on a usb stick html and have loaded them into my documents on my new PC how do I load them onto FF? Thank you. 133902
  7. Export photos that have been imported into the Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Export photos that have been imported into the Photos app: The subject says it all... How do you export a photo or photos from the Photos App in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/export-photos-that-have-been-imported-into-the/e3542986-8a3d-4c55-a7c8-8a5b19d9af00
  8. Photos Import / Export

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos Import / Export: I am trying to import photos from my laptop to my android using Microsoft Launcher - Windows10 , the import/export icons are gone and cannot be found anywhere ??? Any suggestions ?...
  9. Exporting & Importing to new e-mail account

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Exporting & Importing to new e-mail account: I am closing an e-mail account that I have been using for many years. I am not worried about e-mails, the ones I need, I have copied to my new e-mail account. What has me stuck is getting all my contacts into my new e-mail account. I have tried exporting and importing without...
  10. Import/Export Contacts

in Windows 10 Support
    Import/Export Contacts: Hi, Basically, I want to manually sync contacts back and forth, between my computer and my phone. Going from computer to phone, the easiest way for me has been exporting/backing up the computer's .vcf file, moving it to my phone, delete my phones current contact list,...