Windows 10: Photo using alot of memory after bootup

Discus and support Photo using alot of memory after bootup in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Today I booted up and immediately noticed my pc was a little sluggish. I ran task manager and second highest user of memory was photo. This is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RichardC, Nov 25, 2017.

1. RichardC Win User

Photo using alot of memory after bootup

Today I booted up and immediately noticed my pc was a little sluggish. I ran task manager and second highest user of memory was photo. This is the first time I've noticed that. Is this normal? Eventually it went away, but initially it was using over 170 megs.

:)

RichardC, Nov 25, 2017
  2. SwitchS Win User

System Process using alot of memory while gaming

While idle and my usual programs open system will hang around 100mb, while gaming for example I had a game called Dayz open and it would leap to around 1800mb while the game would be around 800mb.

Memory will go to a overall 80-85% percent usage. I don't really notice a performance hit, I'm just curious if this is the norm or something I should be looking into fixing.

SwitchS, Nov 25, 2017
  3. System Process using alot of memory while gaming

Hi,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the following methods and check:

Method 1: Run the Memory diagnostics Tool which detects possible memory issues and fixes it:

Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+R key and hit Enter.

• Type control and click on OK.

• Select Administrative Tools.

• Click on Windows Memory Diagnostic from the list appeared.

• Choose between the two options for when to run the Memory Diagnostic Tool.
    You may also click the notification if you receive it about a possible memory problem to run the Memory Diagnostic Tool.

Method 1:

Run the System maintenance troubleshooter and check if it helps.
    Follow the steps:

a: Press the
    Windows key and click on Settings.

b: Type Troubleshooting
    and select troubleshooting.

c. Click View all on the left pane of the screen.

d: Click on
    System maintenance

e: Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Feel free to write to us for further assistance and we’ll be happy to help.

Navneet Anand, Nov 25, 2017
  4. Photo using alot of memory after bootup

Were a lot of photos recently added to the computer? It could have been indexing them for when you open the application.

If it doesn't happen again, I wouldn't worry much about it.

Masterchiefxx17, Nov 25, 2017
  5. RichardC Win User
    I haven't downloaded any pictures for quite awhile. And I believe I turned indexing off.

RichardC, Nov 26, 2017
  6. MrHudson Win User
    Mine was too, I clicked on it and ended task.

MrHudson, Nov 27, 2017
  7. Plankton Win User
    Do you use any of the MS apps like mail, onenote, calendar just to name a few. All these apps are by default up and running all the time albeit in the background. For me this is not acceptable....I turn off every one of those. If you don't use them then turn them off.

Plankton, Nov 27, 2017
  8. RichardC Win User

Yea, I've got a few running but they haven't really effected my pc's performance. I've got 4 gigs memory which isn't a whole lot but the system usually uses 45 to 50 percent. But I just thought 170+ megs for 'photo' was over the line.

RichardC, Nov 27, 2017
  9. MrHudson Win User
    I believe what the deal on photo is, live tile is on and you don't have photos for it to display. I have 13 photos now and it doesn't show up using high memory.

MrHudson, Nov 29, 2017
  10. RichardC Win User
    High MrHudson, no I've had quite a few photos in my picture folder. And I have never noticed that much memory being used by the photo app.

RichardC, Nov 29, 2017
  11. MrHudson Win User
    Photo using alot of memory after bootup [​IMG]

I just had the top folders first, the bottom listing is screen shots and what I right clicked on in browser and saved,once I did that, that is when live tile started working and high memory dropped.

MrHudson, Nov 29, 2017
  12. RichardC Win User
    You might be right. I've got quite a few pictures, mostly in folders. I've only got a couple of jpegs standing alone. When I click my start button, I immediately notice pictures changing in the photo tile. And it shows pictures from different folders.

RichardC, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Photo using alot of memory after bootup - Similar Threads - Photo using alot

2. windows 10 using alot of memory freezing pc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 using alot of memory freezing pc.: windows 10 using alot of memory freezing pc.called microsoft and they still could not fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-using-alot-of-memory-freezing-pc/4e6c6494-51aa-4d91-a421-f29c1c4b5f24
  3. windows 10 using alot of memory freezing pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 using alot of memory freezing pc.: windows 10 using alot of memory freezing pc.called microsoft and they still could not fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-using-alot-of-memory-freezing-pc/4e6c6494-51aa-4d91-a421-f29c1c4b5f24
  4. windows 10 using alot of memory freezing pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. photos at bootup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos at bootup.: Where are the photos when I boot up? They used to come on and change everyday plus provide when the photo was taken, now nothing!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-at-bootup/98cc6c0d-da77-4f65-9eff-a42f434c3c70
  6. photos at bootup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos at bootup.: Where are the photos when I boot up? They used to come on and change everyday plus provide when the photo was taken, now nothing!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-at-bootup/98cc6c0d-da77-4f65-9eff-a42f434c3c70
  7. my pc uses alot of memory and ram

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my pc uses alot of memory and ram: Hello, i have an issue my pc uses alot of memory and ram while i dont have anything on and in the background apps everything is off and startup i only have Update.Github on why does it, use alot of memory and ram background apps dont use that much...
  8. Bootup issue--"memory card types"?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bootup issue--"memory card types"?: Started getting the two popup screens shown here on startup. Couldn't find anything via Google, so was hoping someone here could 1 explain it and 2 offer a solution. Have not made any changes to my hardware setup. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  9. Converting Microsoft bootup photos to JPGs?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Converting Microsoft bootup photos to JPGs?: When I start my computer, it starts with one of a series of photos before I enter my password and it goes to the desktop. Where are these photos stored, what format are they in, and can they be converted to JPGs or some other common format?...
  10. Process taking up alot of memory.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Process taking up alot of memory.: Hey guys, so I have this process it's taking up alot of memory. [img] My computer Stats: [img] 28198