Windows 10: Photo Viewer How to mouse scroll to next photo

Discus and support Photo Viewer How to mouse scroll to next photo in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I get the previous Photo Viewer back? The version (yesterday) where I can move to next photo with mouse scroll? Now suddenly (today) without me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DebS, Nov 15, 2016.

1. DebS Win User

Photo Viewer How to mouse scroll to next photo

How do I get the previous Photo Viewer back? The version (yesterday) where I can move to next photo with mouse scroll? Now suddenly (today) without me doing any changes in the app the scroll is zooming the photos. Also the appearance of the app is now different. E.g. the trash can is below the screen and so you can too easily now remove the picture. Summary: I want the ”good old” Photo Viewer back! What to do?

:)

2. DanDolgin Win User

Windows 10 Photo Viewer - Can't zoom in/out of photo using mouse scroll wheel

I am unable to scroll to zoom in/out of photos using Windows 10 photo viewer. I used to be able to use the mouse scroll wheel to zoom in/out of Windows Photo Viewer. Now it, seems to have reverted to the old way it used to work when the scroll wheel advanced
    to the next photo, the way it worked in Windows 7 & 8. Now I have to go and use the + & - buttons to enlarge a photo view. Sometimes the + & - buttons aren't even visible on my screen. If a photo is large, the view of the + & - and other controls are not
    visible. I made no changes to system other than Updating windows. I can't use the touch-screen features to zoom in/out because my laptop does NOT have a touch screen. Is there some setting in the photo viewer application to program the mouse buttons? I
    never changed anything. I updated my system with all the latest system updates. How would this setting get changed.

***Post moved by moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

DanDolgin, Nov 15, 2016
  3. Microsoft Photo Viewer not reacting to Wheel (no Zoom)

Microsoft already gave us the ability to configure how the mouse wheel behaves in the Windows 10 Photo App but its a little hard to find.

How to set Windows 10 Photo Viewer to Zoom with the mouse wheel instead of going to next image or vice versa

1. Open the Windows Icon (lower left) and scroll through the list of apps

2. Open the PHOTO app

3. Select the “three dot” icon in upper right corner …

4. Select SETTINGS from the pulldown menu

5. Look under Viewing and Editing Section, the Mouse Wheel Subsection

6. Select “Zoom In and Out” instead of “View Next or Previous Item”

ArtofFrozenTime, Nov 15, 2016
  4. maty666 Win User

Same "problem" as OP

What to do?

maty666, Nov 15, 2016
  5. Same problem here. Now my mouse wheel is zooming instead of moving to next picture, which I want! Any idea?

nicoroy123, Nov 16, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    That's recent change in the APP which was never up to scratch anyway. There's many better programs than that, Irfanview, XnView, even old Windows Photo Viewer which is hidden but still available.

CountMike, Nov 16, 2016
  7. Zarg78 Win User
    I thought it was just me who had this problem but obviously not. This is such a ****ing pain in the ass. I can't find anything online to say why it's doing this.

Zarg78, Nov 16, 2016
  8. CountMike New Member

It's not an anomaly, that's how it's design was changed since last upgrade.

CountMike, Nov 16, 2016
  9. DebS Win User
    I hate the way Microsoft treats old and devoted clients by not giving them any possibilities to decide whether to accept a certain change to a certain app. Someone just wanted to make a change only because it’s cool to make changes? Who thought this change was an improvement?
    I was told to make a recovery but the system says that this magical 10 days had gone, of course, so I couldn’t do it. But this is strange: in the update history it says that a couple of updates were done November 11 = less than 10 days ago. In Apps&features it says that Photo Viewer’s date is November 15 = less than 10 days ago.
    I have loved Windows 10 but should I be concerned what surprises will happen behind my back?
    Please please give me the previous version back! Any place to download it again? Please…

10. How to reset the Scroll Wheel to Zoom again instead of viewing next photo

1. Open the Windows Icon (lower left) and scroll through the list of apps
    2. Open the PHOTO app
    3. Select the “three dot” icon in upper right corner …
    4. Select SETTINGS from the pulldown menu
    5. Look under Viewing and Editing Section, the Mouse Wheel Subsection
    6. Select “Zoom In and Out” instead of “View Next or Previous Item”

ArtofFrozenTime, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Photo Viewer How to mouse scroll to next photo - Similar Threads - Photo Viewer mouse

2. Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo Viewer: My photos are resizing automatically. I have photos saved to an external drive. When I view a single photo from the drive the photo shows at the size it was saved. However if I access the drive through explorer to view all of the photos in the file they start resizing after 2...
  3. Photo app doesn't scroll to next photos.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photo app doesn't scroll to next photos.: Dear Sirs,Since last update of Windows 10, photo app doesn't scroll to next photos in both notebooks I have and with same photos. When selecting slides show, blinks and shows the same photo and left/right arrows do not scroll either.And without selecting show, the left/right...
  4. Photos App viewer, No Next or Previous buttons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos App viewer, No Next or Previous buttons: Hi,Photos App ver 20H2 since a few month do not have the Next - Previous buttons. It seems folders related!This PC has an external drive attached to it with lots of photos as well the normal "Pictures" folder in the C: drive.Opening or viewing photos in the External drive is...
  5. Why does Photo Viewer pick random photos in a folder when clicking on next photo?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does Photo Viewer pick random photos in a folder when clicking on next photo?: I have a folder of photos sorted by Date Created, but when I click on a photo in the folder and click on the right side to access the next image, it doesn't go to the next image. Why is Photo Viewer displaying random images instead of the sorting that the folder has?...
  6. Windows Photo Viewer - how to change how it cycles to next image?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Photo Viewer - how to change how it cycles to next image?: So as of yesterday, when I cycled through pics in WPV, it would go to the next pic in the directory, which, when I have sorted by date and grouped by type, was useful. Jpgs would only cycle to the next jpg until there were no more, then the next pic type (say png), and so on....
  7. Photo viewer

Photo viewer: Can this piece of literal shit get any worse? Most notable issues: - Random massive memory leaks which consume your system's entire memory and grinds everything to a halt unless you realize what's going on quickly enough and force close it. - Literally can't handle opening...
  8. Windows Photo Viewer - next/previous picture...

Windows Photo Viewer - next/previous picture...: How can I go to the next picture? Left-Right, or PgUp-PgDn does only work if the zoom is set to the default. I want to zoom and still be able to switch to other pictures without having to reset to default first. submitted by /u/Lausiv_Edisn [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows photo and photo viewer

Windows photo and photo viewer: Photo app and photo viewer app not working, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-and-photo-viewer/3b344c54-cf1c-4cf1-ab44-8bfba1ded777
  10. Windows Photo Viewer next/previous arrows

Windows Photo Viewer next/previous arrows: Hey all, I switched to Windows 10 a few weeks ago and have been trying to find a solution to a problem with the Windows Photo Viewer. If I open a folder full of my photos, I am unable to advance to the next or previous pictures using the arrow keys on either side of...