Windows 10: Photo viewer Slideshow not working - both versions

Discus and support Photo viewer Slideshow not working - both versions in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to find a slideshow that works on Windows 10, with no luck. First I tried the new Windows 10 photo viewer. Clicking slideshow on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Takuwind, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Takuwind Win User

Photo viewer Slideshow not working - both versions

Hi, I am trying to find a slideshow that works on Windows 10, with no luck.

First I tried the new Windows 10 photo viewer. Clicking slideshow on this app works, but only for a single photo. Clicking on any logical key, like the arrow keys or space bar or mouse just ends the slideshow. I would expect you could enter the slideshow and then key through all your photos.

Giving up on that, I launched the old Windows Photo Viewer. Launching slideshow in this trusty old program made all my photos appear the wrong size. They were too big and the bottom of the photo went off the screen so that I was only seeing about 80% of the photo.

Please help me fix one or both of these issues please!

:)

Takuwind, Sep 17, 2015

2. How to view photos in a Slideshow in Windows 10?

Yes, there is a slideshow option. But the slideshow option does not scale the photos to fit the screen!

As near as I can tell, the "zoom" feature in the Photo App is mutually exclusive with the "slideshow" feature.

Please explain how both features can be used together. And while you're at it, please explain how to display the photos in random order during the slideshow.

These are both basic and highly useful features that were found in the old Windows Photo Viewer program that Windows 10 has buried and disabled. There's no excuse at all for the lack of feature parity in the new "Microsoft endorsed" photo-viewing solution.

peted66616, Sep 17, 2015
  3. Slow Windows Photo Viewer (for Windows 10 desktop user)

It worked for me, but I don't know will it work for you.

Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Photo Viewer\ in Regedit

Delete the Slideshow folder, mine instantly speed up.

Seems like the viewer have a bug that allows it to buffer for the slideshow mode.

FutureDeus, Sep 17, 2015
Thema:

Photo viewer Slideshow not working - both versions

1. Photo viewer Slideshow not working - both versions - Similar Threads - Photo viewer Slideshow

2. both photo viewer and the snipping tool have disappeared?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    both photo viewer and the snipping tool have disappeared?: both photo viewer and the snipping tool have disappeared from windows are no longer available. additionally, the microsoft store is also no longer available...
  3. both photo viewer and the snipping tool have disappeared?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    both photo viewer and the snipping tool have disappeared?: both photo viewer and the snipping tool have disappeared from windows are no longer available. additionally, the microsoft store is also no longer available...
  4. 123 Photo Viewer Pro Version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    123 Photo Viewer Pro Version: Hello,Recently, I have purchased 123 PhotoViewer Pro Version for my PC. The app struggles to open pics/close the image etc. Worst thing is it does not show the image I want to see. The screen is empty and black. Mostly, I can move between photos but it turns out that it just...
  5. 123 Photo Viewer Pro Version

123 Photo Viewer Pro Version: Hello,Recently, I have purchased 123 PhotoViewer Pro Version for my PC. The app struggles to open pics/close the image etc. Worst thing is it does not show the image I want to see. The screen is empty and black. Mostly, I can move between photos but it turns out that it just...
  6. photo music slideshow

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    photo music slideshow: Hi,Can I PLEASE have assistance I have copied 150 odd Photos onto a USB Stick for my Brothers Funeral,But I was hoping to Add some Country & Western Music to run in the Back Ground The Venue has a 65 inch Tv & that were I was going to plug in the USB Stick Please assist on...
  7. Photo slideshow

Photo slideshow: I'm trying to make a slideshow and I've already renamed all the photos. I've numbered them 001 - 118. But it's putting them in order by date. The only sort options are "newest" or "oldest". How do I get them in alphabetic or numeric order without having to put them back in...
  8. "Windows Photo Viewer" cropping images in slideshow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Windows Photo Viewer" cropping images in slideshow: I prefer to use "Windows Photo Viewer" for viewing images since like forever, and since I upgraded to windows 10 I have been facing some issues. I recently upgraded to Windows 10, but when I use the same it shows all the images cropped whenever I enter the slideshow mode. Is...
  9. Photo Viewer not working

Photo Viewer not working: My default microsoft photo viewer app has not been working! It crashes as soon as soon as it is opened and the message displayed is "File system error (-2147219196) I've tried all the commands on powershell, I have repaired and reset the app, and even uninstalled and...
  10. Windows Photo Viewer - one-by-one VS slideshow...the colors change!

Windows Photo Viewer - one-by-one VS slideshow...the colors change!: I used instructions from this forum to get Windows Photo Viewer back on my Windows 10 machine, thank you. When I 'page through' a folder with photos the colors are back to matching (as close as I can tell anyway) the colors I saw in photoshop when I made the file. I put Photo...