Windows 10: Photo viewing app

Discus and support Photo viewing app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; There is a new windows Photos app that should be part of the standard set of apps with the install. Paint3D can be used to edit images but the photos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Barman58, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Barman58 Win User

Photo viewing app

There is a new windows Photos app that should be part of the standard set of apps with the install. Paint3D can be used to edit images but the photos app should still be there

:)

Barman58, Jul 31, 2018

2. The 'Photos' app for photo viewing has disappeared.

I do not understand this, when I returned to the PC later today my original settings had returned to the start screen, including one other tile which I had also lost but had not yet re-instated. Also the original list of 'All apps' had returned to the start
    screen, including 'Photos'. There is nothing that I am aware of having done that should have caused the original disappearance of some apps from the 'All apps' list and their associated tiles, or that could have caused them to return.

It has therefore been unnecessary to follow your suggested steps, though I have done so anyway and it works as suggested. Note that I had followed your steps 1 & 2 earlier which is why I knew 'Photos' had not disappeared from the PC but was simply not
    visible on the 'All apps' list and hence my inability to re-pin the tile.

Thank you for your reply and understanding my frustration.

Frustrated - Belfast, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Can I view all photos in one view

Hi Gary,

We'd like to ask few questions to know more about your concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you using the built-in Photos
      app to view your photos?
    • What steps have you tried so far?

Desiree Yau, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Photo viewing app

Can I view all photos in one view

Thank you for the information, Gary.

Just to confirm, did you follow the suggestion of Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP] on this thread? If so, were you able to see all your photos?

We understand that you don't want to use the Photos app. However, that is another way to view all your photos. If you would like to try, please follow the steps below:

• Open the Photos app.
    • Click on the ellipsis (See more).
    • Select Settings.
    • Under Sources, click on Add a folder.
    • Add the folder where the pictures are saved in.

Note: Just add the main folder and all the photos saved in the subfolders should show up.

Feel free to get back to us should you need further assistance.

Desiree Yau, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

Photo viewing app

1. Photo viewing app - Similar Threads - Photo viewing app

2. Photo App is cropping by itself when viewing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo App is cropping by itself when viewing: I'm having trouble with my Microsoft photos.Windows specs - Windows 10 Pro - 21H1 - 19043.1110 - Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0 21H1 is recentDevice specs - Desktop-KJF9MCS - IntelR CoreTM i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz - 8.00 GB RAMWhen I open Pictures,...
  3. Viewing photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Viewing photos: When I click on a photo icon on desktop or in folders it takes several minutes to display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/viewing-photos/54ddf94b-e8dc-4fa5-b18b-d6e07d0a11c9
  4. Photos Thumbnail and In-App view rotation not synced.....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos Thumbnail and In-App view rotation not synced.....: Had this problem: Took a picture rotated on my iphone. Save pic to Windows 10 laptop. Opened picture in MS Office Picture Manger**, rotated the picture to taste, save it. Closed MSOPM, Now picture is rotated wrong in thumbnail. This is incredibly annoying, esepcially if you...
  5. Photo Viewing

Photo Viewing: All I want to do is view photos from an SD card without having to download it to my computer. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-viewing/8d62c252-fae6-4bc7-a274-92eb61af2754
  6. Photo Viewing

Photo Viewing: I have many photos on my Win 10 64 bit Build 1903 laptop. For Photos Twinui is recommended for Windows 10 but this is very unfriendly . I am used to being able (in Explorer to click on a Jpg file and view it. Twinui comes up with an error message so I have to go...
  7. Viewing Photos

Viewing Photos: Hi I take photos on a I Phone & up until recently they always appeared in the Photos App. I have not connected the phone to the PC to download them but they always appeared in the App. So I'm at a loss as to what has occurred. I have PSE 2018 & they also appeared there, I...
  8. Photo Viewing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo Viewing: How can I get the old Pre W10 photo viewer back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-viewing/17a4dc27-11a4-402e-b0b5-423f17f76e32
  9. Photos App Automatically Enhances Photos for Viewing

Photos App Automatically Enhances Photos for Viewing: Since June of this 2018 I have noticed that the photos uploaded from my camera in raw format onto the computer running Win 10 Pro look enhanced when I open them for viewing and culling. When I import them into my photo editor (Not the Photo APP with Win10 Pro) they resume...
  10. Cannot view photos in photo app

Cannot view photos in photo app: I opened my picture library and double clicked to view photo, photo App opens and shuts immediately and then displays an error message. This happens with all photos/pictures I have tried to open! [img] How can I view my photos/pictures in Windows 10? *Sick Just to...