Windows 10: Photos and Mapps app launching frequently

Discus and support Photos and Mapps app launching frequently in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have windows 10 running in Bootcamp ( MacOS. I upgraded to Windows 10 pro from Wind 8.1 Pro. After upgrade I notice that Maps app and Photos app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by n5rinivas, Sep 8, 2015.

1. n5rinivas Win User

Photos and Mapps app launching frequently

I have windows 10 running in Bootcamp ( MacOS. I upgraded to Windows 10 pro from Wind 8.1 Pro.

After upgrade I notice that Maps app and Photos app keep launching automatically , even after closing them. I'm not sure what is triggering them.

I have verified that these apps are not in autostart ( msconfig). Any help would be appreciated.

:)

n5rinivas, Sep 8, 2015
  2. andrewnok Win User

Domande principali relative ai dispositivi Nseries - parti da qui

Ho notate che sul mio dispositivo Nokia C7 le mappe sono aggiornate, però quando vado sul siti Here trovo mappe differenti ancora più aggiornate rispetto quelle del.mio cel. Perchè le mappe sul sito Nokia Here non sono le stesse del mio Nokia Mappe su C7??

andrewnok, Sep 8, 2015
  3. Map Loader - Waiting for phone (forever)

open maps, then close it.

then open your x-terminal

type

sudo gainroot

copy and paste this in:

cp /home/user/MyDocs/.qf /home/user/MyDocs/qf

then connect to your pc in pc suite mode and launch mapp updateer.

that should do it.

ceroberts75, Sep 8, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, you say they keep launching after closing them, so msconfig is not likely to be of help in the way you describe. Whilst I have no specific idea why this is happening, here's what I might do in principle to try to identify anomalous behaviour.
    1. Get to a situation where this is not happening (if possible)
    2. Progressively return to the normal boot up state, identifying a point at which this IS happening.
    3. Identify the cause.

So- does this happen in Safe Mode?
    If not, boot normally, create a restore point (note- not enabled by default in Win 10 so you should enable System Restore) and use the task manager (e.g.) to disable all/most startups.
    Log off/on, see if this is happening.
    Progressively enable more startups and repeat.
    You could use MSconfig to do the same with some services, cautiously. (Hide all Microsoft services before making changes).

You could also check your task scheduler to make sure there's nothing unexpected there.
    Good luck!

dalchina, Sep 9, 2015
  5. Hydranix Win User
    Are they launching and opening a Window, or are the continually relaunching as background processes?

If the latter, that is by design.

Hydranix, Sep 9, 2015
  6. dalchina New Member
    Mm, hadn't thought you might just be referring to the process- thanks, Hydranix. If that's true, and you're not actually seeing a window opening, have a look at task manager, details, click on the status tab and you may well see a whole bunch of 'Universal' app related processes which are suspended.

dalchina, Sep 9, 2015
  7. n5rinivas Win User
    They actually open up and run in minimized window, not background processes.

n5rinivas, Sep 9, 2015
  8. n5rinivas Win User

Thanks dalchina, will try this and see if it works.

n5rinivas, Sep 9, 2015
  9. n5rinivas Win User
    I found that this was happening only in second monitor. So I reinstalled the DisplayFusion software and it seems to have resolved the issue

n5rinivas, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Photos and Mapps app launching frequently - Similar Threads - Photos Mapps app

2. Microsoft Store and Photo App won't launch

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and Photo App won't launch: Microsoft store and Photo App WON"T launch. I can see the icons are "pinned" but they do not open when clicked. Microsoft Store: Shows in the start menu - but cannot click on it / does not launch Photos: Icon is pinned to desktop but does not openMissing from start menu -...
  3. App not launching

App not launching: I tried to open a Microsoft app from the store Forza Motorsport 7 It pops up, shows the apps official cover picture and after 2 seconds it closes with no error messageIn windows event viewer I got this errorFaulting application name: ForzaMotorsport7.exe, version: 0.0.0.0,...
  4. Windows Calendar and Mail app and Money frequently will not launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Calendar and Mail app and Money frequently will not launch: All too often, Windows Mail and the Money app hang up on launch; I have repeatedly uninstalled and reinstalled the apps, only to find the launch problem a constantly recurring one. I'm running Windows 10 Home 64 on a Dell XPS 8930 and have stayed up to date on all Windows...
  5. I cannot launch photo app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot launch photo app: “Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App failed with error:Unknown HResult Error code: 0x8004e103 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-launch-photo-app/c775dda6-a06d-4a6f-831c-f89bfcd26a34
  6. Apps not launching

Apps not launching: My stock Microsoft apps i.e. photos, aren’t opening. I have contacted Microsoft support numerous times and all of them give me the same response. I try all the ways they suggest to fix it and nothing works. It all started after updating from 2018 windows 10 to 2019 windows...
  7. apps not launching

apps not launching: Suddenly my calculator and photo apps will not launch. I can't open images that are sent to me. You seen the black screen and the spinning timer but then the screen goes back to the email where the image was attached. With calculator, I see the graphic blue calculator but...
  8. Photo Apps not launching at all!

Photo Apps not launching at all!: My photo app can't seem to launch AT ALL. Everytime I try to open a photo it shows "the app didn't start" error message. I've tried almost everything!! - Repair - Reset - Uninstall and Install again - When I run the troubleshooter on microsoft apps it tells me there's...
  9. New Surface Pro - Photos App Fails to Launch

New Surface Pro - Photos App Fails to Launch: Hey, I recently just got a brand new Microsoft Surface Pro 6 tablet for Christmas. I had a rather rocky start with the initial setup, as it would constantly fail to update Windows as well as the app store apps, even when connected to the internet, which was eventually fixed...
  10. App not launching

App not launching: Dear Sir / Madam, I have this week bought a Surface Pro in Dubai. I launched the Calculator, Camera app and some other in-built apps but only the frame appears and then it disappears. Using ctrl+alt+del does not even show the app opened. I have done all updates...