Windows 10: Photos app doesn't see images located in Google Drive folders

Discus and support Photos app doesn't see images located in Google Drive folders in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I backup photos from my phone to Google Photos which then automatically syncs them to my hard drive to a folder in Google Drive. The folder containing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sprngr, Feb 13, 2016.

1. sprngr Win User

Photos app doesn't see images located in Google Drive folders

I backup photos from my phone to Google Photos which then automatically syncs them to my hard drive to a folder in Google Drive. The folder containing these images in Google Drive has been included in the Pictures library, but the Photos app doesn't see them and says "No readable photos, videos or folders found." I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Photos app. The pictures show up fine in Windows Photo Gallery. Does anyone know if the Photos app has always ignored images in Google Drive or is this a recent development? Is there any way to fix it? Thanks.

:)

sprngr, Feb 13, 2016
  2. MarkTebb Win User

Photo app doesn't scroll photos with Google drive folder

Hey guys, I have just come across a problem where the photo app does not have a scroll button when I open up photo folders from Google drive. When I open photos from other folders the scroll to next photo button is there. This is really frustrating as the
    majority of all my pictures are saved in Google drive! Why is the app not working with this folder and what can I do to fix this?

In addition to this the photo app doesn't display photos from Google drive folder when I select it as a source folder in settings.

Appreciate your help!

Thanks

MarkTebb, Feb 13, 2016
  3. JeffR_972 Win User
    WINDOWS 10 -- Photos App Why cant I use my arrow keys to scroll through photos in a folder?

When the issue was occurring, the Pictures folder was OK. It was the Google Drive/Google Photos folder that was giving me issues. To the average user, it seems like a folder on the HDD is still a folder. Why would the fact that is is synced with the cloud
    make a difference? The files ARE present locally - this isn't a 'cloud-only' folder.

As can be seen in the screen grabs, opening the photos app, and then going to the google drive folder isn't an option because it states that there are no photos present, but there are thousands in the folder, sorted into folders by date (year, then month).

Here is a screen grab of the message I see when trying to open the photos app first, and then going to the google drive folder. This folder IS listed in the application for "where to look" for photos.

EDIT: Also, just to clarify - if i use explorer today and go to the google drive folder, the arrows are working, regardless of whether i have indexing turned on for this folder. However the images below indicate that there is something still wrong with
    the google drive folder. I want to try to force windows to completely re-do the index - i need to figure out how to do this...

Photos app doesn't see images located in Google Drive folders [​IMG]

JeffR_972, Feb 13, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Have you also set up the Sources for the images in the Photo App Settings? You can click add a folder and make sure the Google Drive locations are included as well.

philc43, Feb 14, 2016
  5. sprngr Win User
    Yes, when the folder was added to the Pictures library it automatically appeared as a source in the Photos app.

sprngr, Feb 14, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    I have just tested this in my system and added photos from my Google Drive. I get the same result as you so it appears that there is something in the file structure that the W10 app does not recognise. This may be recent but I suspect it has been there from the beginning. This must be a bug that needs reporting to Microsoft via the Feedback option. You can access this at the bottom of the Photo App Settings page.

Thanks for pointing it out. In the meantime, it is good that you can use the old Photo Gallery and even make it your default viewer if this will work better for you.

philc43, Feb 14, 2016
  7. sprngr Win User
    sprngr, Feb 14, 2016
  8. philc43 Win User

Many thanks for this, just tried it and it has worked for me too.

philc43, Feb 14, 2016
  9. TT123 Win User
    Well, I had this very problem. Tried everything short of a Windows Reload. Come to find out that did not work for another person. What finally worked for me was this simple fix. Setting SYSTEM in the Google Drive Photos folder. Look here --- http://www.devops201.com/2016/12/sol...videos-or.html . TRY THIS! Worked quick.

TT123, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Photos app doesn't see images located in Google Drive folders - Similar Threads - Photos app doesn't

2. Add Google photo and google drive support to the photo app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add Google photo and google drive support to the photo app.: Hello, dear developers! I apologize for my English.I wanted to suggest that you add integration with Google photos and google drive services into Photos App. This will be convenient for policyholders using android smartphones. Thanks!...
  3. Add Google photo and google drive support to the photo app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add Google photo and google drive support to the photo app.: Hello, dear developers! I apologize for my English.I wanted to suggest that you add integration with Google photos and google drive services into Photos App. This will be convenient for policyholders using android smartphones. Thanks!...
  4. Photos doesnt show the pics located inside the google drive folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos doesnt show the pics located inside the google drive folder: I added the google drive folder which contains my pics into the list of sources in the Photos App ,but it doesnt show anything in the collection or in the folder view ? Other "local" sources works fine ,from the drive folder it doesn't ;any one got an idea what might have...
  5. The Windows Photos app doesn't scroll through images in the same order that the folder is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Windows Photos app doesn't scroll through images in the same order that the folder is...: Tried googling but couldn't find a whole lot. Any fixes? submitted by /u/ThatSteemBloke [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f7rktd/the_windows_photos_app_doesnt_scroll_through/
  6. "Refresh" Photo App doesn't update locations

"Refresh" Photo App doesn't update locations: The Refresh function is not returning new pictures in designated locations. Help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refresh-photo-app-doesnt-update-locations/0a61ac7b-7480-48ba-80bb-325372d75a26
  7. Unable to see folder of Android device in Explorer/Google Drive

Unable to see folder of Android device in Explorer/Google Drive: Within "Drive" on my Android device is a shared folder "CFA", however this folder does not appear in Explorer/Google Drive on my laptop. They are on same username. How can I fix this? ***Modified title from: Within "Drive" on my Android device has a shared folder "CFA",...
  8. New PC doesn't recognise Google Drive as a location to save documents

New PC doesn't recognise Google Drive as a location to save documents: I have renewed my pc and now have the latest Windows 10. I currently save all my documents on a Gdrive, but can't directly save to my Gdrive on my new computer. I can't seem to get my pc to recognise my Gdrive as a locarion within which to save documents. I can access my G...
  9. Google Photos app

Google Photos app: So I had the Google Photos app installed in my computer and I loved when I discovered that it was available in the store, recently I formatted my PC and while reinstalling all my apps I noticed that it's no longer there. What happened?...
  10. No arrows in Photo preview ONLY in Google Drive folders

in Windows 10 Support
    No arrows in Photo preview ONLY in Google Drive folders: Photo previews of photos within a folder that is being sync'd to my Google Drive are NOT showing previous / next arrows. The same photos within a folder not being sync'd to my Drive show arrows. Anyone know what the deal is here? [img] [img] 60748