Windows 10: Photos app, I can see the old adjustments but only for a moment.

Discus and support Photos app, I can see the old adjustments but only for a moment. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was using the Photos app to make some minor edits to a batch of photos when I noticed something odd happening. When switching from 'Enhance' to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by markweatherill, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Photos app, I can see the old adjustments but only for a moment.

I was using the Photos app to make some minor edits to a batch of photos when I noticed something odd happening.

When switching from 'Enhance' to 'Adjust', I can see the much missed Contrast, Exposure, Highlights, and Shadows sliders, in between the 'Light' and 'Colour' sliders, and then they disappear. If I'm quick, I can move a slider and its effect persists even after they disappear!
    I only noticed this since the Creators Update.

It's as if the programmers were told to remove these options and they took the route of simply hiding them from view instead! Is there any hope that they may reappear again...?

:)

markweatherill, Apr 17, 2017
  2. CJLim Win User

Lumia 800 Camera

That's because the different scene modes process what is effectively the same photograph original capture in different ways to end up with different results. You can also "Adjust" your photos afterwards using some of the photo editing apps available from
    Marketplace. The 2 free apps I am playing with at the moment are Imazing and Photo Light. The phone also has a built in auto-fix option which is also quite good.

CJLim, Apr 17, 2017
  3. I do not see my old mails (all in the "Inbox") but can see only the newly created and received

On reread, I may have interpreted that wrongly. Could you explain that a little further, please.

BeefRWijker, Apr 17, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Photos app, I can see the old adjustments but only for a moment.

They are all still there, but the menu is collapsed by default. Click on the '>' to the left of 'Light' to expand them. 'Colour' also has a number of options available this way.

5. Thanks - I guess many users are happier now. Well, those that know about this U-turn. Or is it just me....?

I must admit I wouldn't have thought of clicking the '>'.

I note that 'selective focus' is no more, it's as if Microsoft wants to 'punish' users for making it reinstate these controls by leaving one out.

markweatherill, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Photos app, I can see the old adjustments but only for a moment.

1. Photos app, I can see the old adjustments but only for a moment. - Similar Threads - Photos app old

2. Can I have the old Photos app back please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I have the old Photos app back please?: Can I have the old Photos app back please? The new one is awful. And don't tell me that Photos Legacy can be used, as this still has the new "horrensdously awful" editor in it. I want the old editor back....
  3. Can I have the old Photos app back please?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I have the old Photos app back please?: Can I have the old Photos app back please? The new one is awful. And don't tell me that Photos Legacy can be used, as this still has the new "horrensdously awful" editor in it. I want the old editor back....
  4. Photos App in Windows 11: - Why can't I see "Clarify" any more in photo adjustment options?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos App in Windows 11: - Why can't I see "Clarify" any more in photo adjustment options?: The Windows 10 and 11 app, "Photos" has been very effective for sharpening my photos, and a favorite app for this reason. Since the latest Windows 11 update, the option to sharpen, called "Clarify", has disappeared. I miss it so much that I asked for help in Windows Chat. I...
  5. Photos App in Windows 11: - Why can't I see "Clarify" any more in photo adjustment options?

Photos App in Windows 11: - Why can't I see "Clarify" any more in photo adjustment options?: The Windows 10 and 11 app, "Photos" has been very effective for sharpening my photos, and a favorite app for this reason. Since the latest Windows 11 update, the option to sharpen, called "Clarify", has disappeared. I miss it so much that I asked for help in Windows Chat. I...
  6. Can Windows Photos see photos?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can Windows Photos see photos?: I have been using the Microsoft Photos app seamlessly for a few days now. I am impressed and happy with what I have seen. I have imported many photos from my camera. However, earlier I moved my photos around in my "Pictures" folder. I have them organized nicely now, and I...
  7. What does this mean, my screen is black and i can only see it for a brief moment before it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does this mean, my screen is black and i can only see it for a brief moment before it...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/IMainRicochet [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g2tgix/what_does_this_mean_my_screen_is_black_and_i_can/
  8. i cant see images...? only this.. but i can view photos on photos program...?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i cant see images...? only this.. but i can view photos on photos program...?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Makezu90 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fmzg9s/i_cant_see_images_only_this_but_i_can_view_photos/
  9. How can I adjust contrast of a photo in the Windows 10 "Photos" app?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I adjust contrast of a photo in the Windows 10 "Photos" app?: How can I adjust the contrast of a photo in the new "Photos" app in Windows 10? PS., because of Microsoft's poorly thought out naming conventions, it's ambiguous here what "Photos" means. Ie., does it refer to the old "Photos" apps (Windows Photos Live, or something like...
  10. Photo app not importing photos and can I see favorites in File Folder

Photo app not importing photos and can I see favorites in File Folder: 1 issue and 2 question. I have tried 3 different ways to import photos. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. I have vacation pics by date. 9 - 1 to 9-14. I will do the following to import and none of these have worked for SOME of the folders. 1. SEttings/add...