Windows 10: Photos app next / previous arrows not showing up.

Discus and support Photos app next / previous arrows not showing up. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm not getting any previous / next arrows in the Photos app when opening a photo within a folder full of photos. The folders have only images in them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mucci, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Mucci Win User

Photos app next / previous arrows not showing up.

I'm not getting any previous / next arrows in the Photos app when opening a photo within a folder full of photos. The folders have only images in them. The folder optimization is set to "Pictures". Still no arrows in the Photos preview.

These folders are linked to my Google Drive. When I copy the files into a local unlinked folder and double click them I'll get the arrows in the Photos app. Not sure if this is a clue...

I've also tried to uncheck the "Read-Only" box in folder properties but it always rechecks itself after the dialog box is closed. Also maybe a clue...?

I have other image-only folders linked to a different cloud storage software (Synology). These folders also have Read-Only checked. Arrows show up for files within these folders. This makes me think maybe it's a Google Drive issue?

Anyone have a solution to this yet? Seems like an issue many have but haven't found a resolution.

:)

Mucci, Jul 10, 2016
  2. DaveDRAFT Win User

No Next / Previous Arrows In Windows 10 Photo

Windows Photo isn't showing any next / previous arrows next to the photo I open.

I'm double clicking the photo to launch it in Windows Photo. My folders are full of ONLY photos. I've tried this in different folders and I still don't get any arrows.

I've run an Apps troubleshoot and nothing was detected. Is there a fix for this? It's really annoying to have to open photos individually.

DaveDRAFT, Jul 10, 2016
  3. Why do you prefer the Windows Photo Viewer over the Win 10 Photos app?

1,) Because the windows 10 photos app delete and previous/next arrows in that black box block part of the viewing area!

2.) Scroll wheel is set to previous/next, and it was better in the previous windows photo viewer when it was set to zoom.

SemperAye1, Jul 10, 2016
Thema:

Photos app next / previous arrows not showing up.

1. Photos app next / previous arrows not showing up. - Similar Threads - Photos app next

2. Next or Previous arrows missing in the Photos App of Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Next or Previous arrows missing in the Photos App of Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]This post features different solutions to try if Next or Previous arrows are missing in the Photos App. The latest Windows OS comes with a complete revamp and a new photo viewing application called Microsoft Photos. It is a great upgrade over its predecessor and...
  3. No next/previous arrows in Photos App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No next/previous arrows in Photos App: Since updating to Windows 11 the Photos app is no longer letting me arrow through my photos in a folder. They just aren't there anymore. Not on the photo or using the keyboard. It is very frustrating to open the photos individually....
  4. No next/previous arrows in Photos App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No next/previous arrows in Photos App: Since updating to Windows 11 the Photos app is no longer letting me arrow through my photos in a folder. They just aren't there anymore. Not on the photo or using the keyboard. It is very frustrating to open the photos individually....
  5. Photos App viewer, No Next or Previous buttons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos App viewer, No Next or Previous buttons: Hi,Photos App ver 20H2 since a few month do not have the Next - Previous buttons. It seems folders related!This PC has an external drive attached to it with lots of photos as well the normal "Pictures" folder in the C: drive.Opening or viewing photos in the External drive is...
  6. Windows Photo viewer won't show 'next/previous' arrows when file is launched in Powershell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Photo viewer won't show 'next/previous' arrows when file is launched in Powershell: I have a folder with four '.jpg' files and a '.mp4' video file. When I double click one of the files, the Windows Photo viewer displays the photo, with the 'next/previous' arrows available. When launching one of the files using Powershell, the Windows Photo viewer...
  7. Photos app sometimes doesn't show previous and next

Photos app sometimes doesn't show previous and next: Every month I take all pictures that have been created with the different phones in our household and I put them in one central place. Then I want to quickly go through them and delete the pictures we don't want to keep. Previously I used the Windows Photo Viewer to do this,...
  8. No arrow to advance to next photo

No arrow to advance to next photo: Hi, There is no arrow to advance to the next photo in a folder. The arrows were there a week ago. Now I have to close the present photo and open the next. That is very tedious and time consuming. I have tried to reset and remove the app. That hat worked either. Does anyone...
  9. Windows 10 - Photo App - Arrow Keys, Mouse Scroll wheel & Next/Previous arrows do not work

Windows 10 - Photo App - Arrow Keys, Mouse Scroll wheel & Next/Previous arrows do not work: We have 2 individual computers both running Windows 10, and both of these computers have had clean installs of Windows within the previous 6 weeks. Up until yesterday both of these computers have worked perfectly with the Photo App - Photos on both computers are held on 1TB...
  10. Windows Photo Viewer next/previous arrows

Windows Photo Viewer next/previous arrows: Hey all, I switched to Windows 10 a few weeks ago and have been trying to find a solution to a problem with the Windows Photo Viewer. If I open a folder full of my photos, I am unable to advance to the next or previous pictures using the arrow keys on either side of...