Windows 10: Photos App - No Thumbnails

Discus and support Photos App - No Thumbnails in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On my neighbour's machine (that I did a clean install on) when they load pictures from their camera, and the Photo app launches, all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by quarkrad, May 2, 2016.

1. quarkrad Win User

Photos App - No Thumbnails

On my neighbour's machine (that I did a clean install on) when they load pictures from their camera, and the Photo app launches, all the photos/pictures shown in the Photo app are blank - i.e. the thumbnails are not showing. On this machine thumbnails are set to show and if you look at, for example, the Pictures folders all pictures are shown as thumbnails (via explorer). The set up of this machine is the same as mine and on my pc the Photo app icons do show as thumbnails. I have been trying to turn my Photo app thumbnail preview on and off but do not know how to do it. My logic being of I can turn thumbnails on and off in the Photo app I could get to the route of my neighbour's problem.

:)

quarkrad, May 2, 2016
  2. garym123 Win User

Solved

The photos are not cached, just the thumbnail is cached. The thumbnail must be stored in the app data if they are still there after you remove and reinstall the app.

garym123, May 2, 2016
  3. After Windows Update all Photos Icons Can Only be with Photo App Insignia

Uncheck "Always show Icons, never Thumbnails" You said " now all of my photos, in thumbnail form, show only the Microsoft Office Photo App insignia." But if you changed the Default to Windows Photo app, are you still seeing the "Office Photo App insignia?"

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, May 2, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

davidhk, May 2, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Photos App - No Thumbnails - Similar Threads - Photos App Thumbnails

2. Photos app - thumbnail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app - thumbnail: I used to be able to select resize and the thumbnail option was always there, now it just displays pixel or percentage?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-thumbnail/a38f53d8-6bcf-4d30-87e5-a1e5c813803f
  3. Photos app - thumbnail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app - thumbnail: I used to be able to select resize and the thumbnail option was always there, now it just displays pixel or percentage?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-thumbnail/a38f53d8-6bcf-4d30-87e5-a1e5c813803f
  4. Photo Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    Photo Thumbnails: Hi All Can anyone help me get my thumbnail pictures back please. I use for my photo editing Affinity and when I open a folder to download a photo all the thumbnails have the affinity logo not a picture. I did email affinity who said it is a windows problem. I have tried...
  5. Photos Thumbnail and In-App view rotation not synced.....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos Thumbnail and In-App view rotation not synced.....: Had this problem: Took a picture rotated on my iphone. Save pic to Windows 10 laptop. Opened picture in MS Office Picture Manger**, rotated the picture to taste, save it. Closed MSOPM, Now picture is rotated wrong in thumbnail. This is incredibly annoying, esepcially if you...
  6. Lost thumbnails to photos

Lost thumbnails to photos: Please help, my photos saved on the computes are in place but just plain icons, no thumbnails. Alot of photos did get deleted somewhere else in the computer during Backup and Sync, but they were backup of a backup. But now I only see the plain icons and not the little...
  7. photo thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
    photo thumbnails: since the update my photos was no longer the pictures thumbnails of it, is there any idea how to have it back from the previous settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-thumbnails/93baf5d3-968e-4c69-b063-8b4df14e1382
  8. No thumbnails and unsynced photos

No thumbnails and unsynced photos: Problem #1. Thumbnails are not showing up. I have been through every fix on the internet but they still not always appear. (see photo). I have the always show thumbnails option checked and the show icons unchecked. I have deleted and reinstalled the cache file. No luck. I...
  9. Windows 10 Photos app generates thumbnails in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Photos app generates thumbnails in...: Hello, it is well known that thumbnail generation in Windows Explorer can be turned off by enabling: "always show icons, never thumbnails". This way no thumbnails will be stored in files like: %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\thumbcache_*.db However, it seems...
  10. Photo thumbnail picture

in Windows 10 Support
    Photo thumbnail picture: When opening a folder containing pictures how do I get win 10 to show a thumb nail size image 17461