Windows 10: Photos app search is slow

Discus and support Photos app search is slow in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Does anyone find the native photo app slow when it build it search. I opened it yesterday and top right was search and a blue bar moving up very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scottyboy99, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Photos app search is slow

Does anyone find the native photo app slow when it build it search. I opened it yesterday and top right was search and a blue bar moving up very slowly. I know it’s building some kind of index and I have a couple thousand photos but on machine of my spec it seemed very slow. It was literally taking a second for each photo and as a result took s long time to complete. I didn’t want to
    interup it so let it finish but that seemed very slow to me

:)

Scottyboy99, Oct 22, 2017

2. windows photo viewer on win10

how can i download windows photo viewer on win10, because photos app is really slow react on my com, it is always a blank window for a few mins until the photo showed up

XIANGXU0213, Oct 22, 2017
  3. Photos app often displays sharp images as somewhat blurry (includes example)

To all Microsoft performance victims (not including victims of nearly every other unjustified Microsoft software performance issues), the blurriness of Photo App has nothing to do with resolution or scaling. It is the same problem as the Bing search engine
    (slow).

Bring up your photo and just leave it for 1 minute. Microsoft software is so incredibly slow that it takes light-years in processor time to process the simplest of things.

After 1 minute your photo will be crystal clear (thanks Microsoft for failing to immediately render simple processing tasks - like what user would wait 1 minute for something to do its job - they are automatically going to think its a software resolution
    problem).

Just wait 1 minute guys.

OmarJamesJordan007, Oct 22, 2017
Thema:

Photos app search is slow

1. Photos app search is slow - Similar Threads - Photos app search

2. Microsoft Photos App running considerably slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos App running considerably slow: This is Hem from Vadodara City, Gujarat State, India Country I wanted your guidance as you would be the lender of the last resort ! In my PC home & Office , Microsoft Photos app doesn’t work as expected, it takes around 25-30 seconds to open a single picture file which was...
  3. No search in the photos app

No search in the photos app: Hi On one laptop the photos app has a search and on another, it doesn't. I have installed the media engine add on and no change. Anyone know how I can get the search to appear? Thanks...
  4. Photos App is Very Slow

Photos App is Very Slow: I don't know why, but sometimes the Photos app takes a few minutes to load. Why is it so slow? MsPaint never takes more than a couple seconds to load. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-is-very-slow/54e33a97-7436-4ed7-b315-59a7edc788f4
  5. Photos App search in SharePoint

Photos App search in SharePoint: Hello all, Maybe someone can help me regarding if it is possible to customize Photos App. We had stored thousands of images on a SharePoint folder, and tagged keywords for each image to create a "image-search-engine" of our own using SharePoint. However sometimes, the...
  6. The Windows 10 "Photos" App is really slow.

The Windows 10 "Photos" App is really slow.: I just got a fresh new Windows 10 PC lately and I've started transferring my files in it. Some of them are photos that I backup just in case. Sometimes when I upload a photo I tend to have multiple shots. I view them one by one, and if I find the best one I keep it and...
  7. windows photos app crashing when searching for photos.

windows photos app crashing when searching for photos.: Hi all My windows photos app is crashing when trying to search for photo's on my Iphone 11 , I am only trying to take around 1500 photos from it and still crashes. I see i am not the only one having this problem. I have tried everything to get it up and running. any...
  8. Photo app load time is slow

Photo app load time is slow: Every time I open a photo either on my desktop or in a folder it takes 30 seconds to one minute sometimes longer before I can view it, if I open in another viewer or even in paint is way faster, why is it taking so long to open, once I open and it does come into view I can...
  9. Search in Photos app

Search in Photos app: Hi, I transferred all my photos to OneDrive and changed the system pictures folder to the pictures folder in OneDrive. I made sure the folder is listed in the Photos app, but all the photos disappeared from the Photos app. I have waited for 40 minutes hoping it will be...
  10. Win10 Photos App - How to Search?

Win10 Photos App - How to Search?: I am seriously thinking of using MS's Photo App as the backbone of my new photo library effort. I've read that there is a new Photo App available and that is does facial recognition, which is a big deal for me. So, on my Win10 machine, I opened the Photos app and pointed...