Windows 10: Photos cycling quickly in Photo Viewer...Can't make it stop

Discus and support Photos cycling quickly in Photo Viewer...Can't make it stop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, When I open up any photo with Windows Photo Viewer, it automatically begins cycling through the all the photos in the gallery very quickly until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by arachosia, Jul 13, 2016.

1. arachosia Win User

Photos cycling quickly in Photo Viewer...Can't make it stop

Hi,

When I open up any photo with Windows Photo Viewer, it automatically begins cycling through the all the photos in the gallery very quickly until it gets to the end, and then it stops. I've tried restarting my computer and unplugging my mouse and keyboard, but that didn't help. Does anyone know how to resolve this annoying issue? Thanks for any suggestions.

:)

arachosia, Jul 13, 2016
  2. Fugicara Win User

How do you make it so the Photos app will let you cycle through hidden photos?

I'm trying to view photos that are hidden without making them not hidden, but the Photos app won't allow me to cycle through them using the arrow keys or any other way. I was able to do this in Windows 7 and 8.1. How do I fix this problem? If there
    is no fix, is there a different photo viewer I could download that's more similar to the Windows 7/8 photo viewer?

Fugicara, Jul 13, 2016
  3. Why do you prefer the Windows Photo Viewer over the Win 10 Photos app?

The answer is simple: the Photos App loads so slowly as to be unusable. We just want a way to quickly view a file, and maybe zoom in/out. Slideshow is nice, but not essential.

To have to wait for 30+ seconds sometimes for the app to preview a photo is maddening and utterly unnecessary. I can't tell you how annoying it is that I can't easily get the old photo viewer back now that you make it progressively harder and harder to set
    in the default apps box.

Jon Kloske, Jul 13, 2016
Thema:

Photos cycling quickly in Photo Viewer...Can't make it stop

1. Photos cycling quickly in Photo Viewer...Can't make it stop - Similar Threads - Photos cycling quickly

2. Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo Viewer: My photos are resizing automatically. I have photos saved to an external drive. When I view a single photo from the drive the photo shows at the size it was saved. However if I access the drive through explorer to view all of the photos in the file they start resizing after 2...
  3. Microsoft Photo Viewer stopped working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Photo Viewer stopped working: So I tried resetting it and I rebooted and it disappeared. So I have tried reinstalling it several times. It says it's trying to reinstall but it the app store still provides the option to install and it doesn't show that it's downloading or installing. I've had it with...
  4. Photo Viewer Cycling Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo Viewer Cycling Issue: in windows 10 when I using photo viewer, showing pictures are fine but when I reach the last photo, it's not getting back to the first picture and stuck at last one. there is no such an option to change it....
  5. Photo viewer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photo viewer: Can this piece of literal shit get any worse? Most notable issues: - Random massive memory leaks which consume your system's entire memory and grinds everything to a halt unless you realize what's going on quickly enough and force close it. - Literally can't handle opening...
  6. Photo viewer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo viewer: Hi! This problem is listed as resolved in the forum, but the given solutions did not work for me. I have Photos the preferred MS app for this function selected as my default Photo Viewer and yet I cannot open .jpg files. Why doesn't the MS product work with Windows 10?...
  7. How to make Photos app as responsive as Windows Photo Viewer?

How to make Photos app as responsive as Windows Photo Viewer?: 1. How to make Photos app as responsive as Windows Photo Viewer? Noticed that it lags when going from photo to photo and when deleting photos. WPV has no such issue. 2. I have WPV enabled by default, but these days it's giving me strange errors. I have 32GB DDR4 Ram, of...
  8. How to make Photos app as responsive as Windows Photo Viewer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make Photos app as responsive as Windows Photo Viewer?: 1. How to make Photos app as responsive as Windows Photo Viewer? Noticed that it lags when going from photo to photo and when deleting photos. WPV has no such issue. 2. I have WPV enabled by default, but these days it's giving me strange errors. I have 32GB DDR4 Ram, of...
  9. Windows photo and photo viewer

Windows photo and photo viewer: Photo app and photo viewer app not working, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-and-photo-viewer/3b344c54-cf1c-4cf1-ab44-8bfba1ded777
  10. photos vs photo viewer

photos vs photo viewer: If I double click on a .tif file in File Explorer it opens in Photo Viewer whereas if I double click on a .jpg file it opens in Photos. I much prefer using Photo Viewer because you can run a slide show from there & with a right click adjust the speed or duration to Fast,...