Windows 10: Photos disappearing

Discus and support Photos disappearing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had some issues with my laptop and lost some things. I restored but now when I click on an icon of a photo, it shows in that screen as before (the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jamada2153, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Photos disappearing

I had some issues with my laptop and lost some things. I restored but now when I click on an icon of a photo, it shows in that screen as before (the one with the black background). But after a few seconds it disappears. What do I need to get it back?

:)

jamada2153, Jun 27, 2017
  2. Selwyn A Win User

Photo screen tile disappears

Upgraded to windows 10 from 7 last Friday. Photos appeared that day. The next day when accessing the PhotoTile, the screen stays for about 2 seconds then disappears. Photos are not available. Any fix for disappearing photo screen.

Selwyn A, Jun 27, 2017
  3. mmammmam Win User
    Windows 10: Disappearing Photos

Hi - I'm really sorry that you're also having problems with the Windows 10 photo application. My problem has not been solved, but I'm hopeful that it can be sorted out somehow! Like you, I miss Windows 7, and never had any trouble when filing and viewing
    photos in those days.

mmammmam, Jun 27, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Photos disappearing

What program are you trying to preview them in? What folder are these files in?

bro67, Jun 27, 2017
  5. I am using windows 10 and the photos are just in a folder of family history, they are all jpegs. Not sure what the program was but I know it was a windows one. I used to be able to just double click on the photo and it would open in this program that had a black background.

jamada2153, Jun 27, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    It is possible that the Windows 10 app is the problem. Try a different photo program to preview. Majorgeeks.com has a lot of programs that you can try if you do not want to use GIMP. The program will state on the top or in the Task bar, which one that it is. There are hundreds of programs that have a black background, that is why we ask specifically, so that if someone else is having the same issue, it can be properly diagnosed.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Photos disappearing

1. Photos disappearing - Similar Threads - Photos disappearing

2. Retouch function button for photos disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retouch function button for photos disappeared: I used the retouch function a lot with no issues. When I went to use it yesterday the button was not there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retouch-function-button-for-photos-disappeared/b94ce728-0d0c-4c4b-a9e9-373e0282dd4e
  3. Retouch function button for photos disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Retouch function button for photos disappeared: I used the retouch function a lot with no issues. When I went to use it yesterday the button was not there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retouch-function-button-for-photos-disappeared/b94ce728-0d0c-4c4b-a9e9-373e0282dd4e
  4. Why did my photos and videos disappear after I copied it from SD card to windows video file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my photos and videos disappear after I copied it from SD card to windows video file?: Hello,I was importing photos from a SD card by a adapter and I had the stuff open on the file application. I dragged the files into the videos section. It made a copy so I deleted it off the SD card and ejected. All the videos and photos are gone from the SD card and there is...
  5. Why did my photos and videos disappear after I copied it from SD card to windows video file?

Why did my photos and videos disappear after I copied it from SD card to windows video file?: Hello,I was importing photos from a SD card by a adapter and I had the stuff open on the file application. I dragged the files into the videos section. It made a copy so I deleted it off the SD card and ejected. All the videos and photos are gone from the SD card and there is...
  6. help, all my photos have disappeared, folder empty!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help, all my photos have disappeared, folder empty!!: I really need help and i dont know what to doi recently needed to update to windows 11 so i moved all of my filed to an external hard drive including my camera roll folder to free up space for my laptop to update, i even reset the entire laptop afterafter it updated i plugged...
  7. help, all my photos have disappeared, folder empty!!

help, all my photos have disappeared, folder empty!!: I really need help and i dont know what to doi recently needed to update to windows 11 so i moved all of my filed to an external hard drive including my camera roll folder to free up space for my laptop to update, i even reset the entire laptop afterafter it updated i plugged...
  8. Previews of photo files have disappeared.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Previews of photo files have disappeared.: Microsoft file manager used to show a miniature preview of individual photo file. Now I've lost that feature. I have to scroll thru all the photos in a folder to find the one I want. All I see is an icon with different shades of blue. There appears to be a white moon also....
  9. Previews of photo files have disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Previews of photo files have disappeared.: Microsoft file manager used to show a miniature preview of individual photo file. Now I've lost that feature. I have to scroll thru all the photos in a folder to find the one I want. All I see is an icon with different shades of blue. There appears to be a white moon also....
  10. Previews of photo files have disappeared.