Windows 10: Photos does not open

Discus and support Photos does not open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Photos won't open. I tried the different upgardes etc. ... nothing works. I had a video I was working on but had not yet finished. where can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by parmadin, Jul 22, 2018.

1. parmadin Win User

Photos does not open

Hi,

Photos won't open. I tried the different upgardes etc. ... nothing works.

I had a video I was working on but had not yet finished.

where can I find the latest version of the story saved?

Thanks

:)

parmadin, Jul 22, 2018

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Jul 22, 2018
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done *Smile I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Photos does not open

Multiple Photos

We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the photo through Photos app:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos in Photos app, select the photos by clicking on checkbox on the photos you want to delete. Click
      Delete icon at the bottom right corner to delete.
    • If you open a photo, Tap or press Delete
      key from keyboard.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

Photos does not open

1. Photos does not open - Similar Threads - Photos does open

2. why does Photos Legacy open with the same desktop as Photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does Photos Legacy open with the same desktop as Photos?: I prefer using the old desktop/user interface and tools as a very quick and efficient way of editing large numbers of photos. I expected Photos Legacy to provide that same desktop/UI. The older version of Photos for Windows 10 had simpler and faster editing tools for...
  3. why does Photos Legacy open with the same desktop as Photos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does Photos Legacy open with the same desktop as Photos?: I prefer using the old desktop/user interface and tools as a very quick and efficient way of editing large numbers of photos. I expected Photos Legacy to provide that same desktop/UI. The older version of Photos for Windows 10 had simpler and faster editing tools for...
  4. INVALID REGISTRY VALUE ERROR WHEN PHOTO IS SELECTED PHOTO DOES NOT OPEN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    INVALID REGISTRY VALUE ERROR WHEN PHOTO IS SELECTED PHOTO DOES NOT OPEN: I am unable toopen pictures in the local useraccount as a registrt error appears this is happening frequently in a windows10 installation this issue never occurred on windows 10 upgraded from windows 7...
  5. Microsoft Photo App does not always open photos

Microsoft Photo App does not always open photos: I recieve pictures attached to emails frequently, and when I double-click to open them, more often than not, they do not open. It's the same situation if I'm browsing my photos in file explorer. I'm able to see the thumbnails of them, but when I double click them to open, the...
  6. Windows photo viewer "open map" does not work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows photo viewer "open map" does not work: Open a photo with win 10 photo viewer that has location information in the image and it displays a small map of the image's location. Under this small map, it has a button "Open Map" that has not worked for many months now. Click on it and nothing happens. I have posted this...
  7. "Open map" of Photos does not work.

"Open map" of Photos does not work.: This question was asked before, but that thread is locked, so I am asking it here: Why doesn't "Open map" work? [ATTACH] Every app under Setting > Privacy > Location has been given the permission: [ATTACH]...
  8. photos not opening

photos not opening: My photos are not opening. It keeps on displaying file system error -2147219196 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-not-opening/10cf9525-01fe-453f-ac6d-34658df59bf5
  9. Photos app, Video Project does not open anymore

Photos app, Video Project does not open anymore: This afternoon I made the mistake of closing the Video Project I had been working on all day. It is a 3+ hour video with custom background music. I was very disappointed to see that it didn't open anymore. When I click on it, it starts loading, then after 5 minutes or so it...
  10. opening photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    opening photos: I have always been able to open pictures...always...now I cant! what the hell???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-photos/8d7cc6d8-338b-4dd4-8ddd-c0b1f7cbc1c2"