Windows 10: Photos have disappeared since 10 upgrade.

Discus and support Photos have disappeared since 10 upgrade. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have got a lot of photos on my drive but since the upgrade from 8 to 10 they have gone, I am not very tech savvy but I can't seem to find them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by longbowgilly, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Photos have disappeared since 10 upgrade.

Hi,

I have got a lot of photos on my drive but since the upgrade from 8 to 10 they have gone, I am not very tech savvy but I can't seem to find them at all.
    I have gone through all of the photo folders and they all say they are empty.
    I did not change anything prior to the upgrade and my desktop background was working fine, since the upgrade though, the background has gone and I can't find the file when I browse for it.
    Could it be that the permissions or account info have been changed automatically?
    Can anybody shed any light on how I can restore my photos and background?

:)

longbowgilly, Aug 8, 2015

2. Photos and videos transferred to SD card no longer appear in photos

Upgrade advisor transferred photos from my internal storage to my SD card to make room for the windows 10 upgrade, but now they are not there. Only photos I took since I purchased my SD card are there, all photos I transferred to my SD card have disappeared.
    My SD card had been having issues previously. I don't know if they disappeared as soon as they transferred or if they disappeared after the windows 10 update, but they are gone. What can I do to get them back?

englishbulldog802, Aug 8, 2015
  3. photos not displayed

Hi guys since upgrading ive lost all my photos and when I take a photo the disappear all I have are grey blank squares where pictures should be

lloydmillership, Aug 8, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Photos have disappeared since 10 upgrade.

Did you happen to do any disk cleanup since then? If not look for folder called Windows.old be on main drive C: stores all your previous files from last OS. If not shown may have to use Folder Options on View tab select " show hidden files,folders and drives"
    be in control panel. Read notes on upgrade to Windows 10 told you to backup everything important in case of, as should always do this for Files.

jds63, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

Photos have disappeared since 10 upgrade.

1. Photos have disappeared since 10 upgrade. - Similar Threads - Photos disappeared since

2. Photos disappearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos disappearing: So... I just opened my computer, and for some reason, an entire album of drawings have mysteriously vanished. I searched my entire computer: the recycle bin, the storage, my picture album, and I even restarted my laptop, and the pictures are still missing. WHat am I supposed...
  3. Photos Disappeared

Photos Disappeared: My photos have disappeared. I have a bunch of empty folders. I don't know if it was from an update or what. I've tried all I can think of, I've tried previous suggestions here and I can't find them. I cannot replace them - I don't care why anymore, I just want to know...
  4. I have no sound since i upgraded to windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have no sound since i upgraded to windows 10.: How do I get my sound back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-no-sound-since-i-upgraded-to-windows-10/de5bbc63-ba16-48ef-8abb-ff4754ca1847
  5. I have two problems since the last upgrade in Windows 10.

I have two problems since the last upgrade in Windows 10.: Two problems 1. I use cut and paste a lot and though this works with the paste element, it does not cut. 2. This one is more irritating, I use Windows Photos as my default viewer and a picture will open but will no longer move to the other images in my folder, the arrow...
  6. Photos have disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photos have disappeared: When I click on my photo's I get nothing. Last week, I got an error message "file system error (-2147219196). I was sent instructions to fix it, but I could not. This week, I'm getting an error message that "the app didn't start." I've checked and my default photo viewer is...
  7. Have problem running on battery since upgrade to 1703

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Have problem running on battery since upgrade to 1703: Last week, I had a problem with Office 2013 (unlicensed product- 2nd time in 6 weeks). MS tried running repair and eventually had to re-install but also did 'repair' on Win 10. That was all completed around 5pm last Friday and things seemed to be normal. Received...
  8. Since upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Since upgrading to windows 10: Hello, New here. I upgraded to windows 10 this morning and since doing so my speakers are turned off in windows. I have hunted everywhere to turn them on and can't find how to do it and also I can not play videos on youtube. It just gives me an error. Before I upgraded both...
  9. Eula and install files that have appeared since upgrading to 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Eula and install files that have appeared since upgrading to 10.: A list of 9 eula. and 11 install.res related files, a globdata file and three VC-RED files have appeared in my E drive as 'Files at drive root' My main drive is my C drive, and during upgrading I disconnected the E drive. They are not large files but I can't help...
  10. Photos disappearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Photos disappearing: I had some issues with my laptop and lost some things. I restored but now when I click on an icon of a photo, it shows in that screen as before (the one with the black background). But after a few seconds it disappears. What do I need to get it back? 87716