Windows 10: Photos have disappeared since 10 upgrade.

Discus and support Photos have disappeared since 10 upgrade. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have got a lot of photos on my drive but since the upgrade from 8 to 10 they have gone, I am not very tech savvy but I can't seem to find them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by longbowgilly, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Photos have disappeared since 10 upgrade.

Hi,

I have got a lot of photos on my drive but since the upgrade from 8 to 10 they have gone, I am not very tech savvy but I can't seem to find them at all.
    I have gone through all of the photo folders and they all say they are empty.
    I did not change anything prior to the upgrade and my desktop background was working fine, since the upgrade though, the background has gone and I can't find the file when I browse for it.
    Could it be that the permissions or account info have been changed automatically?
    Can anybody shed any light on how I can restore my photos and background?

:)

longbowgilly, Aug 8, 2015

2. Photos and videos transferred to SD card no longer appear in photos

Upgrade advisor transferred photos from my internal storage to my SD card to make room for the windows 10 upgrade, but now they are not there. Only photos I took since I purchased my SD card are there, all photos I transferred to my SD card have disappeared.
    My SD card had been having issues previously. I don't know if they disappeared as soon as they transferred or if they disappeared after the windows 10 update, but they are gone. What can I do to get them back?

englishbulldog802, Aug 8, 2015
  3. photos not displayed

Hi guys since upgrading ive lost all my photos and when I take a photo the disappear all I have are grey blank squares where pictures should be

lloydmillership, Aug 8, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Photos have disappeared since 10 upgrade.

Did you happen to do any disk cleanup since then? If not look for folder called Windows.old be on main drive C: stores all your previous files from last OS. If not shown may have to use Folder Options on View tab select " show hidden files,folders and drives"
    be in control panel. Read notes on upgrade to Windows 10 told you to backup everything important in case of, as should always do this for Files.

jds63, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

Photos have disappeared since 10 upgrade.

1. Photos have disappeared since 10 upgrade. - Similar Threads - Photos disappeared since

2. Photographs have disappeared since Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photographs have disappeared since Windows 10 update: Help my photographs have disappeared from my Pictures folder after Windows 10 update. Where are they? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photographs-have-disappeared-since-windows-10/56a2f4d9-c6b6-4cfb-aca1-56b302659dc8
  3. Photographs have disappeared since Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photographs have disappeared since Windows 10 update: Help my photographs have disappeared from my Pictures folder after Windows 10 update. Where are they? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photographs-have-disappeared-since-windows-10/56a2f4d9-c6b6-4cfb-aca1-56b302659dc8
  4. Photographs have disappeared since Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Specific photos have disappeared

Specific photos have disappeared: So the other day I transferred pictures from my phone to my computer HP laptop windows 10. The other day I wanted to view them altogether and I noticed 3 specific pictures were missing. I’m sure I didn’t delete them and I’m also sure they were there once, as I had seen them....
  6. Specific photos have disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Specific photos have disappeared: So the other day I transferred pictures from my phone to my computer HP laptop windows 10. The other day I wanted to view them altogether and I noticed 3 specific pictures were missing. I’m sure I didn’t delete them and I’m also sure they were there once, as I had seen them....
  7. Specific photos have disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Having some problems since upgrading to 10...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having some problems since upgrading to 10...: I use my TV as a monitor. Resolution was way off since before I upgraded to 10, but circumvented it by scaling the text extra large. Now since upgrading, everything is too big. Text is blurry, icons too big, task bar goes below where I can see. I went to display settings...
  9. Hundreds of my photos have DISAPPEARED

Hundreds of my photos have DISAPPEARED: All my photos saved under PICTURES have disappeared after the 11/14/2019 "2019-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4524570)" Where did they go? How do I find them and retrieve them? Please use non-geek terms as much as possible since I am...
  10. Photos have disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photos have disappeared: When I click on my photo's I get nothing. Last week, I got an error message "file system error (-2147219196). I was sent instructions to fix it, but I could not. This week, I'm getting an error message that "the app didn't start." I've checked and my default photo viewer is...