Windows 10: Photos have disappeared

Discus and support Photos have disappeared in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I click on my photo's I get nothing. Last week, I got an error message "file system error (-2147219196). I was sent instructions to fix it, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MaryPtomey, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Photos have disappeared

When I click on my photo's I get nothing. Last week, I got an error message "file system error (-2147219196). I was sent instructions to fix it, but I could not. This week, I'm getting an error message that "the app didn't start." I've checked and my default photo viewer is set to Microsoft Photo Viewer. The icons for my photographs are there with the file names and extensions, but no photos. Is there an easy fix for this. Thanks.

:)

MaryPtomey, Jul 23, 2018

2. The 'Photos' app for photo viewing has disappeared.

I do not understand this, when I returned to the PC later today my original settings had returned to the start screen, including one other tile which I had also lost but had not yet re-instated. Also the original list of 'All apps' had returned to the start
    screen, including 'Photos'. There is nothing that I am aware of having done that should have caused the original disappearance of some apps from the 'All apps' list and their associated tiles, or that could have caused them to return.

It has therefore been unnecessary to follow your suggested steps, though I have done so anyway and it works as suggested. Note that I had followed your steps 1 & 2 earlier which is why I knew 'Photos' had not disappeared from the PC but was simply not
    visible on the 'All apps' list and hence my inability to re-pin the tile.

Thank you for your reply and understanding my frustration.

Frustrated - Belfast, Oct 13, 2018
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Photos have disappeared :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Photos have disappeared

Pictures disappearing from Windows Photo Album

Hi,

It seems the photos could've disappeared because of a corruption in the application. To address this issue, we suggest that you run the Windows app troubleshooter to scan and fix for any issues within the Photos app. To run the troubleshooter, refer to this

link

You may also try creating a new user profile to see if this is just an issue within the current user profile. Check the links below on how to create a user account.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Photos have disappeared

1. Photos have disappeared - Similar Threads - Photos disappeared

2. Why did my photos and videos disappear after I copied it from SD card to windows video file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my photos and videos disappear after I copied it from SD card to windows video file?: Hello,I was importing photos from a SD card by a adapter and I had the stuff open on the file application. I dragged the files into the videos section. It made a copy so I deleted it off the SD card and ejected. All the videos and photos are gone from the SD card and there is...
  3. Why did my photos and videos disappear after I copied it from SD card to windows video file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did my photos and videos disappear after I copied it from SD card to windows video file?: Hello,I was importing photos from a SD card by a adapter and I had the stuff open on the file application. I dragged the files into the videos section. It made a copy so I deleted it off the SD card and ejected. All the videos and photos are gone from the SD card and there is...
  4. help, all my photos have disappeared, folder empty!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help, all my photos have disappeared, folder empty!!: I really need help and i dont know what to doi recently needed to update to windows 11 so i moved all of my filed to an external hard drive including my camera roll folder to free up space for my laptop to update, i even reset the entire laptop afterafter it updated i plugged...
  5. help, all my photos have disappeared, folder empty!!

help, all my photos have disappeared, folder empty!!: I really need help and i dont know what to doi recently needed to update to windows 11 so i moved all of my filed to an external hard drive including my camera roll folder to free up space for my laptop to update, i even reset the entire laptop afterafter it updated i plugged...
  6. Previews of photo files have disappeared.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Previews of photo files have disappeared.: Microsoft file manager used to show a miniature preview of individual photo file. Now I've lost that feature. I have to scroll thru all the photos in a folder to find the one I want. All I see is an icon with different shades of blue. There appears to be a white moon also....
  7. Previews of photo files have disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Previews of photo files have disappeared.: Microsoft file manager used to show a miniature preview of individual photo file. Now I've lost that feature. I have to scroll thru all the photos in a folder to find the one I want. All I see is an icon with different shades of blue. There appears to be a white moon also....
  8. Previews of photo files have disappeared.

9. All of a sudden my photos are disappearing from Microsoft photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of a sudden my photos are disappearing from Microsoft photos: As I work on my recent vacation photos to upload to a share site, they disappear. I first selected my favorites and then I noticed the entire selection did not upload. I went back to redo the upload I notice my favorites were undone and no longer in my favorites folder. When...
  10. All of a sudden my photos are disappearing from Microsoft photos

All of a sudden my photos are disappearing from Microsoft photos: As I work on my recent vacation photos to upload to a share site, they disappear. I first selected my favorites and then I noticed the entire selection did not upload. I went back to redo the upload I notice my favorites were undone and no longer in my favorites folder. When...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluetooth photos where have they gone?