Windows 10: Photos : how to browse next and previous files in the same folder ?

Discus and support Photos : how to browse next and previous files in the same folder ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I use "Photos" app as default viewer when i manually open a picture file from explorer. I don't really like it, except for its touch feature but i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nonobio, Feb 8, 2016.

1. nonobio Win User

Photos : how to browse next and previous files in the same folder ?

Hi,
    I use "Photos" app as default viewer when i manually open a picture file from explorer. I don't really like it, except for its touch feature but i give it a try..

One missing feature is that once i opened a file in it from explorer, i can't browse others files in same folders from application.

Is there a way to enable this ability ?

Thanks

:)

nonobio, Feb 8, 2016

2. Windows 10 native photo app - can't choose previous/next photo

When I open a picture in a folder full of picture files, the Photo app won't allow me to browse to the previous or next photo. It's worked before, but now the function is completely gone, along with the previous/next buttons.

I know I could get another photo app, but like my computer as "clean" as possibly, and really like the design of the native apps.

Rasmus HarlyNielsen, Feb 8, 2016
  3. windows 10

There are a couple ways to make a Slide show.

Here is one to start:

How to Play a Photo Slideshow in Windows 10 from File ... - groovyPost

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/play-photo-sli...

Next, you can copy your favorite photos to a folder

Open Start > Settings > Personalization > Lock screen

Scroll down, click Screen saver settings

Click in the screen saver list box

Choose Photos

Click Browse then select the folder containing the photos

Click Apply then OK

Next, in that same window, click Background

Click in the Background list box

Choose Slide show

Click Browse

Browse then choose the folder

Repeat the same steps for Lock screen category.

Andre Da Costa, Feb 8, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

I rather like the photos app. You can open a particular photo and use the left and right arrows to navigate to the other photos in the same folder. This behaviour should be enabled by default.

swarfega, Feb 8, 2016
  5. nonobio Win User
    This doesn't work like this for me : i open a particular picture file and i can't navigate to others pictures files located in the same folder.
    I made a new try and in fact : it works with others folders than the one with which i have the pb :

The folder for which it doesn't work is inside my Google drive sync folder.
    I tried a folder inside my "dropbox sync" folder and it works too.

I tried to copy my concerned folder to another location and : it works when it is not anymore in Google drive folder sync !

Any idea ?

nonobio, Feb 8, 2016
  6. sprngr Win User
    I'm having the same issue. For some reason the Photos app doesn't index any images if they are located in any Google Drive folders, even if the folder(s) are included in the Pictures library.

sprngr, Feb 13, 2016
  7. nonobio Win User
    nonobio, Feb 14, 2016
  8. sprngr Win User

sprngr, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Photos : how to browse next and previous files in the same folder ? - Similar Threads - Photos browse next

2. How to go to next photo in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to go to next photo in File Explorer?: A lot of the time the pictures I am viewing from my folders in from File Explorer will not let me go to the next photo. If I click on a photo then click on the arrow to go to the next photo, it goes to the very first photo in the folder instead. Is there a way to fix this...
  3. How to go to next photo in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to go to next photo in File Explorer?: A lot of the time the pictures I am viewing from my folders in from File Explorer will not let me go to the next photo. If I click on a photo then click on the arrow to go to the next photo, it goes to the very first photo in the folder instead. Is there a way to fix this...
  4. How to go to next photo in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. No next/previous arrows in Photos App

No next/previous arrows in Photos App: Since updating to Windows 11 the Photos app is no longer letting me arrow through my photos in a folder. They just aren't there anymore. Not on the photo or using the keyboard. It is very frustrating to open the photos individually....
  6. No next/previous arrows in Photos App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No next/previous arrows in Photos App: Since updating to Windows 11 the Photos app is no longer letting me arrow through my photos in a folder. They just aren't there anymore. Not on the photo or using the keyboard. It is very frustrating to open the photos individually....
  7. Photos App viewer, No Next or Previous buttons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos App viewer, No Next or Previous buttons: Hi,Photos App ver 20H2 since a few month do not have the Next - Previous buttons. It seems folders related!This PC has an external drive attached to it with lots of photos as well the normal "Pictures" folder in the C: drive.Opening or viewing photos in the External drive is...
  8. Problem with viewing the next or previous item in Photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with viewing the next or previous item in Photos: I currently have a minor issue where as I am viewing the next or previous vitem on Microsoft photos the image shown shifts to the left before shifting back to the centre. I have tried using the troubleshooter, reseting the app, uninstalling and reinstalling the app but it...
  9. Windows Photo Viewer - next/previous picture...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Photo Viewer - next/previous picture...: How can I go to the next picture? Left-Right, or PgUp-PgDn does only work if the zoom is set to the default. I want to zoom and still be able to switch to other pictures without having to reset to default first. submitted by /u/Lausiv_Edisn [link] [comments]...
  10. Windows Photo Viewer next/previous arrows

Windows Photo Viewer next/previous arrows: Hey all, I switched to Windows 10 a few weeks ago and have been trying to find a solution to a problem with the Windows Photo Viewer. If I open a folder full of my photos, I am unable to advance to the next or previous pictures using the arrow keys on either side of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problem next or previous in file