Windows 10: photos no longer wloads photos says app failed

Discus and support photos no longer wloads photos says app failed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; photos no longer wloads photos says app failed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by roblyThomason, Aug 3, 2018.

1. photos no longer wloads photos says app failed

photos no longer wloads photos says app failed

:)

roblyThomason, Aug 3, 2018

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Aug 3, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Multiple Photos

We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the photo through Photos app:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos in Photos app, select the photos by clicking on checkbox on the photos you want to delete. Click
      Delete icon at the bottom right corner to delete.
    • If you open a photo, Tap or press Delete
      key from keyboard.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 3, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

Photos App

Hi, presumably you have neither disk images (very strongly recommended as Windows is fragile) nor system restore points.
    This is not a unique situation as you've probably found when searching the web.

Do you keep any sort of record of changes you make.. did you make any prior to this occurring?
    Did any sort of update occur?

One suggestion I've seen is to reassociate jpg with another program (check it opens the file) and then associate it back with Photos.
    You might want to check other image types handled by Photos as well.

For a basic normal sequence of checks try:
    remote procedure call failed opening a photo jpg file - Microsoft Community
    Scroll down/search (quite way) to Anshul Khanna and go from there for basic ideas.

The intention is to retry Photos after each step.

One of many such reports:
    http://earthwithsun.com/questions/96...mage-with-phot

dalchina, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

1. photos no longer wloads photos says app failed - Similar Threads - photos longer wloads

2. Photos on the Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos on the Photos app: whenever i open a photo on the photos app the window is blank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-on-the-photos-app/fd33ab0a-316b-4f83-88cc-aa34a50a18e6
  3. Windows Photos app failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photos app failed: Hello guysI have Windows 11 Pro 22H2. I've found a good idea to watch iPhone photos on my PC thanks to iCloud for Windows. However after I activated Photos in the iCloud for Windows, native Photos for Windows have become crushing every time I try opening the app. Also I've...
  4. Windows Photos app failed

Windows Photos app failed: Hello guysI have Windows 11 Pro 22H2. I've found a good idea to watch iPhone photos on my PC thanks to iCloud for Windows. However after I activated Photos in the iCloud for Windows, native Photos for Windows have become crushing every time I try opening the app. Also I've...
  5. Photos App no longer working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos App no longer working...: Is there anyone except me who is experiencing being unable to open photos anymore? I can't open any photos in Windows Explorer anymore. If I bring up a folder of photos and click on one to open it, it says, "The specified feature could not be found." Has anybody else...
  6. Photos App no longer working...

Photos App no longer working...: Is there anyone except me who is experiencing being unable to open photos anymore? I can't open any photos in Windows Explorer anymore. If I bring up a folder of photos and click on one to open it, it says, "The specified feature could not be found." Has anybody else...
  7. Photo App says it cannot open.

Photo App says it cannot open.: Photo App states it cannot open. Ways to reinstall the App. If I remove the existing app and reinstall the app will I loose all the currently saved pictures? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-app-says-it-cannot-open/a4cfdfb3-9841-45f5-97c5-2a3f62f24e0a
  8. jpg photos transferred say they are no longer supported?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    jpg photos transferred say they are no longer supported?: Hi When copying jpg photos on my PC from PC to USB device despite them opening fine on the PC when moved to USB with the same file name its states that file format is not supported - this is on the same PC the the original will open! This also happens to photos moving from...
  9. Can no longer jump to the next photo with the photos app

Can no longer jump to the next photo with the photos app: Hello! I work a lot with photos. If you have a folder full of photos, you normally can open a photo with the photos app and then go through all the photos contained in that folder by swiping or clicking or using the arrow keys. Yesterday I got the 2004 update, and since...
  10. Photo app fails

Photo app fails: My Photo app in Win 10 has become just a black screen - if I try to import a photo it gives the message "the remote procedure call failed". I have tried deleting the app via both the Shell and CCleaner, then reinstalling from the app store, but the problem persists. Also...