Windows 10: Photos screen saver sometimes can't display previous photo

Discus and support Photos screen saver sometimes can't display previous photo in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have my screen saver set to show pictures from several libraries. In Win 7 pressing the left arrow would display the previous photo. Now when I press... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MidwestSteve, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Photos screen saver sometimes can't display previous photo

I have my screen saver set to show pictures from several libraries. In Win 7 pressing the left arrow would display the previous photo. Now when I press the left arrow I sometimes receive an error message, "an error is preventing this slideshow from showing".

Ran DISM and then sfc /scannow but no luck. Reinstalled windows (keeping all apps and settings) but still no luck. Any ideas on how to fix this?

:)

MidwestSteve, Jan 7, 2018

2. Shuffle Screen Saver pictures

I have my Windows 10 screen saver set to display random photos, which it does, but always starts from the first few folders, i.e. those beginning with A-C, so I always end up seeing the same photos every time the screen saver comes on. This wasn't the case
    with the previous version of Windows I used, which did seem to display photos in truly random order. Any suggestions or is this just a feature of Windows 10?

Original title: Photo Screen Saver

SteveW1970, Jan 7, 2018
  3. BudV Win User
    Optional filename captioning of photos shown during screen saver slide show.

We have thousands of photos displayed randomly by the Screen Saver. Our first thought was to find a way to determine the filename of a photo at the moment it showed up in Screen Saver, but that appears to be impossible.

Instead of that, we would like to have an option in Screen Saver settings to display the filename of the current photo as a caption at the bottom of the screen.

BudV, Jan 7, 2018
  4. Photos screen saver sometimes can't display previous photo

Also tried a brand new Win 10 Home install. It also has the same problem with the screen saver and trying to go back to the previously displayed picture. Definitely a bug.

MidwestSteve, Jan 19, 2018
  5. Edwin New Member
    @MidwestSteve , welcome to tenforums! *Smile

Click on Start and type Photoscreensaver.scr, right click on the result and choose Open file location then right click on that and choose Send to►Desktop (create shortcut),

Photos screen saver sometimes can't display previous photo [​IMG]

...click on the new Desktop shortcut, (don't move your mouse when you click), it will display images from your User pictures folder only, try the left and right arrows.
    If that works, then, by process of elimination, there must be something amiss with your Screensaver settings.

Have you moved any of the items from your 'several libraries' locations?

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Photos screen saver sometimes can't display previous photo

1. Photos screen saver sometimes can't display previous photo - Similar Threads - Photos screen saver

2. Issue with the Photos Screen Saver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with the Photos Screen Saver: I know for a fact that not too long ago, when I would select the Photos screen saver, I was given options to select from of how to have the pics animate on the screen. You could have them dissolve, you could have them move slowly across the screen, you could select from a...
  3. Photo screen saver

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo screen saver: Why do I continue to receive MS screen-saver photos that I have already, time and time again, selected as not being a fan of, whereas photos that I really enjoyed and selected as such; I rarely see. Is this some sort of PSYOPS, algorithmic experiment?...
  4. Screen saver photo's locations

Screen saver photo's locations: Thank you for the beautiful images. I look forward to them, but how can I find out where the location of the photos on my windows 10 screen saver are taken from? Thank You Paul...
  5. Screen Saver Photos not displaying pictures in subfolders

Screen Saver Photos not displaying pictures in subfolders: I just set up a brand new Win10 Pro computer version 1909 build 18363.836. I set up my Screen Saver to use Photos, and configured Photos to use my Pictures folder over 35K pictures across hundreds of sub-folders. When my Screen Saver kicks in, it rotates only through 4...
  6. Screen Saver Photos

Screen Saver Photos: I have thousands of family photos that I am finally using for my screen saver. My question: is there a way to see exactly what folder a photo is located or the file name of the photo that is being displayed? My problem is that a photo comes across my screen that I may want to...
  7. Screen Saver photos

Screen Saver photos: In Windows 10, where are the Microsoft photos used in the screen saver stored? I want to pick a particular to be the permanent screen saver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver-photos/28aef7fc-e8e1-4d78-9e25-e6c9aa264f9c
  8. Screen Saver Photos

Screen Saver Photos: Hi I love the screen saver photographs but not the uninspiring/uninspired questions/statements that were later added that now ruin my personal unadulterated experience of just the pure image itself. Is there any way to remove these links to the words and instead have a...
  9. Photo loaction display in Windows 10 screen saver

Photo loaction display in Windows 10 screen saver: Hello. I want to display where the photo's are taken on screen saver in Windows 10. Is this a possible setting or at least, is there a way to access the information when you want to identify a location?...
  10. screen saver not working with photos

screen saver not working with photos: screen saver will work with default applications but not photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_screensave/screen-saver-not-working-with-photos/3de7bace-0b4a-4b0a-9fae-31d8f87cc0b1