Windows 10: Photos won't open

Discus and support Photos won't open in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Computer has been freezing like crazy but since last update when I try to open my photos I get the message.... This app can't open. There's a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Julie3826, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Julie3826 Win User

Photos won't open

Computer has been freezing like crazy but since last update when I try to open my photos I

get the message.... This app can't open. There's a problem with Photos. Contact your system administrator

about repairing or reinstalling it. Tried the systems quick test but it failed. Can anyone help.

:)

Julie3826, Aug 7, 2018
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Aug 7, 2018
  3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 7, 2018
  4. Photos won't open

Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

Photos won't open

1. Photos won't open - Similar Threads - Photos won't open

2. windows photo won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows photo won't open: Hi, not long ago I bought a dell inspiron 16, windows photo never worked, meaning it never opened and gives me the error: app not started and when I try to update it it gives me the error: 0x80073D02.P.S: to clarify a bit, as soon as I opened the new pc I updated it there was...
  3. windows photo won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows photo won't open: Hi, not long ago I bought a dell inspiron 16, windows photo never worked, meaning it never opened and gives me the error: app not started and when I try to update it it gives me the error: 0x80073D02.P.S: to clarify a bit, as soon as I opened the new pc I updated it there was...
  4. Photos won't open on windows

Photos won't open on windows: For some reason a large selection of photos and videos are no longer accessible when I try to open them from my documents, both on the PC and in Onedrive. These are mostly JPG files but it hasn't impacted ALL the jpg files, there is a small selection which open just fine.I...
  5. photos won't open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    photos won't open: When I try to open pictures, I get an error message that says:"The file couldn't be opened.Sorry,this file is corrupted and cannot be opened." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-wont-open/3e910995-ddaa-4d4b-b7a8-165b26e48fab
  6. Microsoft Photos App won't open

Microsoft Photos App won't open: Hallo everybody! I experienced some problem with my laptop. Every time I tried to open the Microsoft Photos App it won't open. I am aware that all my photos are safe in my computer but the use of the app was very friendly and easy to manage and I really would like to have...
  7. pctures won't open in photo app.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pctures won't open in photo app.: I click on the picture I want to view, it comes up with the black screen in attempt to load and the a pop up comes up saying the app didn't load. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pctures-wont-open-in-photo-app/40fd9349-f3d2-440c-a2f3-7a11e128f7cb"
  8. Photos app won't open

Photos app won't open: My Photos app won't open. It was fine a couple of days ago. When I click on the picture icon on the start menu I can see my pictures, but I cannot open them. It won't open under another user profile either. I have tried repair, reset and I uninstalled and reinstalled the...
  9. Microsoft Photo won't open

Microsoft Photo won't open: Microsoft Photo won't open. I reset it, repaired it, then uninstalled and reinstalled it. It just won't open. I am using. Windows 10 and the updates are updated. Any ideas?...
  10. Photo apps won't open photo files

Photo apps won't open photo files: Out of the blue I can no longer open photo files like PNG, JPG, etc. and don't know when this started. I can select open with Windows Photo Viewer and it will open fine but if I close that file and reopen again I get an error "The app didn't start". Nor can I open any other...