Windows 10: Photos

Discus and support Photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Does W10 photo app have a facility to upload from scanner ? 17868 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Davord, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Davord Win User

Photos

Does W10 photo app have a facility to upload from scanner ?

:)

Davord, Aug 19, 2015

2. Installed windows 10 but lost office, how do I get office back? Tried system restore but the earliest restore point still has windows 10 and no Office. What do I do?

I lost my Microsoft office with word, excel and when I purchased it on line. How do I get this back

Clayton Photos, Aug 19, 2015
  3. sync

It is greyed out.

But, II think I found the answer. For some reason my work account was also on this device and the admin probably disabled sync. I deleted the work account and now I am able to sync this device with my other devices.

Thanks for your reply.

photos-rrr, Aug 19, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

Photos

There's Scanner App that works fine. Photo App doesn't store anything it just displays pictures.

CountMike, Aug 20, 2015
  5. Davord Win User
    I can scan a picture using my printer software, but in W7 I could upload pics from a scanner directly whilst in the
    picture gallery W10 does not give me that option, only upload from camera. When I want to upload from scanner, it gives me the message that "no device" is connected. Perhaps W10 has taken a backward step ? Thanks For your reply.

Davord, Aug 20, 2015
  6. Adela Win User
    Hello, if I may intrude briefly, is there a way to store somewhere else the Photo App display of the pictures (so enlarged!) so as not to have them slap you on the face when you open it? Thanks so much!

P.S. BTW, you wouldn't happen to know why I can't email pictures in W10? Could it be that since I don't like Photo App and went and tried to use Photo Gallery, perhaps between the two didn't let me email the photos? Thanks for any ideas! *Smile

Adela, Feb 1, 2016
  7. philc43 Win User
    Photos are stored in the Pictures folder of your PC. As was explained in an earlier post the Photo App does not store pictures it only displays them.

I think the sort of display you were expecting is the one you see when you open the Pictures folder in File Explorer. See an example below:

Photos [​IMG]

philc43, Feb 1, 2016
  8. CountMike New Member

Photos

I send all my pictures, from whatever application/program to dedicated folder on one of secondary disks. That way I always know where to find them and will not disappear if system disk goes bad.

CountMike, Feb 1, 2016
  9. Adela Win User
    Thank you Philc, I referred to the personal pictures on the black background screen of the W10 Photo App. All of my VERY enlarged pictures are there on my face when I open it. Is there a way to put them neatly somewhere rather than just spread out as they are? thanks again.

Adela, Feb 1, 2016
  10. Adela Win User
    Great idea! I guess I'll have to do that. I haven't used the computer disk since I bought it a few years ago! lol! But I hear the disks can go bad and lose all its content. How do you cope with that? Oh perhaps you do that as a duplicate no?

Adela, Feb 1, 2016
  11. philc43 Win User
    Well if you just want the pictures to go away from view click on the date and then all you will see is a list of dates showing when your pictures were taken.

Photos [​IMG]

philc43, Feb 1, 2016
  12. Adela Win User
    Oh lol! well, yes, I think it's more likely as I can always click on the dates to bring on the photos as needed, right? Thanks so much! I'll see how it works for me.

Adela, Feb 1, 2016
  13. CountMike New Member

Photos

I sort them later to different folders, most important ones (the keepers) are also backed up to external HDD. There's cloud to backup to too.

CountMike, Feb 1, 2016
  14. Adela Win User
    Oh that's great, your files are really well armored to confront any invasive tech enemies! As soon as I finish fixing certain things in my computer I'll just have to make disks to temporarily put in whatever I need and then when I have more time put them into proper folders . Thanks for the idea!

Adela, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Photos

1. Photos - Similar Threads - Photos

2. download photos from ipad to PC using a USB cable no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download photos from ipad to PC using a USB cable no longer working: Hello, it used to be very easy to download photos from my ipad to my PC using a USB cable to connect ipad to the PC. When I clicked on -This PC-Apple iPad- an internal storage bar came up showing how much space is used up on the iPad. I would double click on that icon. Then a...
  3. download photos from ipad to PC using a USB cable no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    download photos from ipad to PC using a USB cable no longer working: Hello, it used to be very easy to download photos from my ipad to my PC using a USB cable to connect ipad to the PC. When I clicked on -This PC-Apple iPad- an internal storage bar came up showing how much space is used up on the iPad. I would double click on that icon. Then a...
  4. send photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    send photos: how to you send photos on my computer on an email to another email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/send-photos/ab869e59-bd55-4009-9813-a0c7507d4697
  5. send photos

send photos: how to you send photos on my computer on an email to another email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/send-photos/ab869e59-bd55-4009-9813-a0c7507d4697
  6. Trying to Upload photos from an Iphone 14 to Windows desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to Upload photos from an Iphone 14 to Windows desktop: I am trying to upload photos from an Iphone 14 to my windows desk top but when I try to import them to my external hard drive it doesn't appear on the list of files to upload them to. All I get is a photos file on the desktop or or One drive. Windows have made it extremely...
  7. Trying to Upload photos from an Iphone 14 to Windows desktop

Trying to Upload photos from an Iphone 14 to Windows desktop: I am trying to upload photos from an Iphone 14 to my windows desk top but when I try to import them to my external hard drive it doesn't appear on the list of files to upload them to. All I get is a photos file on the desktop or or One drive. Windows have made it extremely...
  8. Trying to Upload photos from an Iphone 14 to Windows desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Trying to Upload photos from an Iphone 14 to Windows desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Trying to Upload photos from an Iphone 14 to Windows desktop