Windows 10: Photos

Discus and support Photos in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all Does anyone know how to recover photos for free I deleted them by mistake 184194 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ringryan, Aug 23, 2021.

1. ringryan Win User

Photos

Hi all Does anyone know how to recover photos for free I deleted them by mistake

:)

ringryan, Aug 23, 2021
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Photos :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Aug 23, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Multiple Photos

We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the photo through Photos app:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos in Photos app, select the photos by clicking on checkbox on the photos you want to delete. Click
      Delete icon at the bottom right corner to delete.
    • If you open a photo, Tap or press Delete
      key from keyboard.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 23, 2021
  4. Photos

Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Aug 23, 2021
Thema:

Photos

1. Photos - Similar Threads - Photos

2. I CAN NOT OPEN .JPJ OR .JPEG OR ANY PHOTO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I CAN NOT OPEN .JPJ OR .JPEG OR ANY PHOTO: I CAN NOT OPEN .JPG OR .JPEG OR ANY PHOTO IN MY COMPUTER WHICH IS INSTALLED WITH MICROSOFT WINDOWS 10 PROFFESSIONAL V20H2 OPERATING SYSTEMNeed help in this regards...
  3. Unable to exclude local machine's Pictures folder from being readded to Photos App

Unable to exclude local machine's Pictures folder from being readded to Photos App: I want to use the Photos app to find and index all pictures in my Dropbox folder and my Onedrive folder. Both folders have been set to keep all cloud and added data local. No other locations should be indexed.Photos repeatedly re-adds the local machine's Pictures folder, no...
  4. Export People tags from Windows 10 Photos app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Export People tags from Windows 10 Photos app: I put a few hours of work into this, hopefully its helpful to others. I wanted to be able to create a query against the Photos database to output the People it identified through face recognition and the names I assigned to those recognition groups. I could then use this as...
  5. Export Person tags from Windows 10 Photos app

Export Person tags from Windows 10 Photos app: I put a few hours of work into this, hopefully its helpful to others. I wanted to be able to create a query against the Photos database to output the People it identified through face recognition and the names I assigned to those recognition groups. I could then use this as...
  6. Permission needed to view photos

Permission needed to view photos: Anytime I try to open a photo from files, it says "Class not registered", and anytime I try to view a photo in the Photos app, it says I don't have permission to view it even though it is my photo. I've tried giving the file Full Permissions, I've tried doing a clean boot,...
  7. Microsoft Photos Wont Open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Photos Wont Open: I'm trying to trim a video using Microsoft Photos but it wont open. I've tried repairing and uninstalling the app but it still wont work.I keep getting this error code:Can someone help?...
  8. apple 12 mini unable to download pics into Photo file

apple 12 mini unable to download pics into Photo file: Just spent mega time with Apple going over phone settings regarding picture downloading Ex Apple12 Mini to Photo file. Windows10 They are convinced issue lies with Microsoft or HP all in one 4VUQ5H8 / I5 7400/2.4G/64 bit/12G ram/1TB. On rare occasion after multiple attempts,...
  9. Trying to restore damaged photo files

Trying to restore damaged photo files: Hello,I have some old photo files that I am trying to access. When I open the file, I get a prompt that says it’s corrupt, damaged or file is too large. I have attempted to open these on various programs. The files are mostly JPG files. These photo files were used/opened on...
  10. Error message in Photos App

Error message in Photos App: Sorry, Photos can't open this file because the format is currently unsupported, or the file is corrupted.When scrolling through my pictures this message briefly flashes between most but not all of the pics. It started with a few, now it is most of them. I cannot find what is...