Windows 10: photos

Discus and support photos in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have Lenovo laptop. Win 10. Canon SX160. I take pictures and connect camera to computer. I want to name and date them. It says they're going to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pops1, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Pops1 Win User

photos

I have Lenovo laptop. Win 10. Canon SX160. I take pictures and connect camera to computer. I want to name and date them. It says they're going to "C:\Users\Michael\Pictures". The only choice I get is whether I want to change location where they go. I usually just go for their choice, but then I have to search for them. Sometimes they're in 1980-01, sometimes in IMG #, sometimes "This PC", sometimes"One Drive", sometimes "Quick Access". Always somewhere, just takes searching. Can anyone please tell me how to make them easy to find?(I'm not very savvy with computer lingo). Thanks ,

:)

Pops1, Apr 23, 2016

2. Installed windows 10 but lost office, how do I get office back? Tried system restore but the earliest restore point still has windows 10 and no Office. What do I do?

I lost my Microsoft office with word, excel and when I purchased it on line. How do I get this back

Clayton Photos, Apr 23, 2016
  3. sync

It is greyed out.

But, II think I found the answer. For some reason my work account was also on this device and the admin probably disabled sync. I deleted the work account and now I am able to sync this device with my other devices.

Thanks for your reply.

photos-rrr, Apr 23, 2016
  4. photos

Simple solution would be creating a main "Temp" folder and then under that put a new Photos sub folder in there. This will be outside of the "C:\users\user account name\Pictures" or "Documents\MyPictures" being a hidden sub folder found in the Quick Access when opening any File Explorer window. You won't have to dig as deep to find them.

Generally when uploading snaps from a camera if not cell phone cam here I can browse the memory on the camera or SD card on the cell and simply open up a couple of folders on the camera itself to browse and even copy to the main drive(s) where I actually have multiple folders for different purposes.

photos [​IMG]

That includes a fast dump folder for older pc snippings as well as one on a storage drive for general uploads here. The 10 Tech Preview 32bit VM a year ago is still found in the old folder previously used mainly for 7 screens. A new larger one was needed for 10 to follow things later! Another on the main drive is for quick snapshots. This keeps things organized rather then having everything bunched into one single massive folder and spending an hour or so scrolling to find something! *Eek*Biggrin

Night Hawk, Apr 23, 2016
Thema:

photos

1. photos - Similar Threads - photos

2. After transferring my photos from my iphone to my laptop i found out they are corrupted and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After transferring my photos from my iphone to my laptop i found out they are corrupted and...: the majority of my photos have been corrupted after i transferred them from my iphone to my laptop through a usb cable and after successfully transferring 6000+ photos and ejected my phone most of the photos are not complete like the rest of the picture is grey and the half...
  3. After transferring my photos from my iphone to my laptop i found out they are corrupted and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After transferring my photos from my iphone to my laptop i found out they are corrupted and...: the majority of my photos have been corrupted after i transferred them from my iphone to my laptop through a usb cable and after successfully transferring 6000+ photos and ejected my phone most of the photos are not complete like the rest of the picture is grey and the half...
  4. After transferring my photos from my iphone to my laptop i found out they are corrupted and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Photos no longer works in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos no longer works in Windows 10: I don't know when exactly this happened, but it was after a Windows update, the Microsoft Photos app opens, but it doesn't show the preview of the photos and when I click on them nothing happens, but if I click to open a folder and it doesn't Inside the application the photo...
  6. Microsoft Photos no longer works in Windows 10

Microsoft Photos no longer works in Windows 10: I don't know when exactly this happened, but it was after a Windows update, the Microsoft Photos app opens, but it doesn't show the preview of the photos and when I click on them nothing happens, but if I click to open a folder and it doesn't Inside the application the photo...
  7. Why did Msoft destroy Photos once again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did Msoft destroy Photos once again?: First they removed a serviceable red eye tool, and now spot fix, just when it was basically perfect. There is a new tool, but it's a batch processor with a wait for processing. That means you can't do too much work at once, because if one area doesn't come out right you have...
  8. Why did Msoft destroy Photos once again?

Why did Msoft destroy Photos once again?: First they removed a serviceable red eye tool, and now spot fix, just when it was basically perfect. There is a new tool, but it's a batch processor with a wait for processing. That means you can't do too much work at once, because if one area doesn't come out right you have...
  9. Where are markup photos saved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are markup photos saved?: Windows 10 can't even find the edited photo that I just saved. How am I, since no one - even the Microsoft representative's answer - knows where it is saved, to find it? The Microsoft representative suggested, to someone, that they open File Explorer, look to the left panel,...
  10. Where are markup photos saved?

Where are markup photos saved?: Windows 10 can't even find the edited photo that I just saved. How am I, since no one - even the Microsoft representative's answer - knows where it is saved, to find it? The Microsoft representative suggested, to someone, that they open File Explorer, look to the left panel,...