Windows 10: Photoware works in Win 10 but keys up solid black image. Please help.

Discus and support Photoware works in Win 10 but keys up solid black image. Please help. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The photo-editing software I am using keys up and loads fine without any hitches but all I see is a solid black image. I re-installed the software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Menudoboy, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Menudoboy Win User

Photoware works in Win 10 but keys up solid black image. Please help.

The photo-editing software I am using keys up and loads fine without any hitches but all I see is a solid black image.

I re-installed the software to see if that was the problem but it's still doing the same.

Anyone know the solution to making this software display the actual JPG image instead of solid black ones?

:)

Menudoboy, Aug 1, 2015
  2. Miseasa Win User

How does one change the desktop icon text color in Win10?

I had the same problem! The solution is ridiculous, but it works. Go to your personalization. Where it gives you the choice between picture, solid or slideshow, choose "solid". Set the color to orange, which will make the icon text color black by default.
    After you do this, you can set your background image and the icon color will remain black.

Miseasa, Aug 1, 2015
  3. MHD52 Win User
    Desktop background doesn't display pictures instead solid color or blank screen

*Original Title: Desktop display issues.

I cannot set any pictures as background. When I do, the background changes to a solid color. Usually black. I cannot even set Windows images to the background. This just started and I do not have a clue why. I have had the same picture on my desktop for
    some time. And now when I go to try and set the background to another image/picture, it switches to a solid color background. Tried troubleshooting various options and nothing seems to work on solving this issue. Please help. Do not want to spend forever on
    the chat help line. Thank you.

MHD52, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Menudoboy Win User

Never mind, I figured the problem out. Here is the fix in case anyone should run into the same problem:

1. Go to Tools from the Menu ... then Options ... then Display then DISABLE Direct Draw. (Note it's usually clicked as Enable so click it to Disable the feature.)

2. Click Apply. Then "Okay"

If the image is not viewing after that then close the software and reopen it. Images should be viewable on the software interface now and you are ready for editing.

By the way, this was for Picture Publisher 10.

Menudoboy, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

1. Photoware works in Win 10 but keys up solid black image. Please help. - Similar Threads - Photoware works keys

2. Win 10 and 11 key mess, please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 and 11 key mess, please help!: So I have win 10 home edition with something like digital rights linked to microsoft account.But I cant update to win 11 cause it fails some min requirements check. But tbh that's not even what I want. I'm buying a brand new system and it comes with a non-activated win11 pre...
  3. Win 10 and 11 key mess, please help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 and 11 key mess, please help!: So I have win 10 home edition with something like digital rights linked to microsoft account.But I cant update to win 11 cause it fails some min requirements check. But tbh that's not even what I want. I'm buying a brand new system and it comes with a non-activated win11 pre...
  4. please help 0x80780119 on win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    please help 0x80780119 on win 10: Hi from ireland, I know everyone here work hard on their free time to help people and well done. I am in need of help with what seems to be a popular problem, every time i do a create a system image it fails with not enough space on my external ssd which has 236GB free. What...
  5. gaming headset not working in win 10 help please!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gaming headset not working in win 10 help please!: HI I recently re installed windows 10 my headset was working before this installation now i cant seem to get win 10 to reconise the headset any takers please?...
  6. Unable to change Black solid color desktop background image.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change Black solid color desktop background image.: After mistakenly installing and then removing an OEM manufacturers program on my Win 10 notebook, my desktop background image is now solid black. On the Personalisation screen, Background tab, this message "*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your...
  7. BSOD help win 10 please

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD help win 10 please: Been struggling for the last month trying to diagnose what specifically is causing the crash. Always the same symptom....OS will freeze for about 30 seconds then BSOD after kernel timeout. Happens most day's so any crash logs from 11/20-12/2 (today) should accurately reflect...
  8. BSOD win 10 HELP please?

BSOD win 10 HELP please?: Im getting regular Bseod - and desperately need some assistance. please provide next steps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-win-10-help-please/052944f9-b983-4992-b03f-72081f68f383
  9. Changing the background image in Windows 10 immediately reverts it to the solid color black

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing the background image in Windows 10 immediately reverts it to the solid color black: This morning I was trying to boot my PC but it got stuck on the boot screen so I force quit it and booted again successfully. After I logged both my screens had the same background image (which was not the way I left it). Also, yesterday I installed the update KB4100347 which...
  10. BSOD ON WIN 10 Help Please!

BSOD ON WIN 10 Help Please!: Hi All, Please can a Techi person please decipher my minidump file and give me an idea of my problem. I am a little savvy with PC's but BSOD deafeat me. I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks Steve*Smile I have complied with the Posting instructions and now...