Windows 10: Physical Location

Discus and support Physical Location in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have noticed that the last few weeks my laptop thinks it's in Phoenix Arizona. It is really in Tulsa Oklahoma. I have change the location on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by eileenfleming1, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Physical Location

I have noticed that the last few weeks my laptop thinks it's in Phoenix Arizona. It is really in Tulsa Oklahoma. I have change the location on everything I can think of and followed directions for changing my location, only to search for something close by and it comes back Phoenix! And yes I have changed my location on the map. I'm getting very frustrated

:)

eileenfleming1, Aug 15, 2018

2. Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 15, 2018
  3. Karen Her Win User
    Location setting

Hi,

This issue could occur due to incorrect location settings or it would depend on your IP address. We suggest you to check the location settings of your PC, and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start button, and select Settings.
    • Go to Privacy, and choose Location.
    • Make sure that the Location service is On.

If issue persists, then it has something to do with your IP address. It’s because the location detected depends on the location set on your IP address.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Aug 15, 2018
  4. Catbill Win User

Physical Location

Change physical location in Windows 10?

A post has been marked as an "Answer" to your question. However, it does not appear to be an answer. There is no information about how to change the physical location when it is tied to the ISP location nor is there any evidence that a solution is forthcoming.

Do you really think that this question has been answered? I do not want MS to consider this an issue that has been resolved.

Catbill, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

Physical Location

1. Physical Location - Similar Threads - Physical Location

2. Is there Help finding the physical location for my Disk 3?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there Help finding the physical location for my Disk 3?: I have a bad disk. As can be seen, Properties only offers a logical location. After many years of putzing I have several SATA and IDE controllers. Is there any help, articles, et al for translating the following into a physical location? I have replacement hardware....
  3. Is there Help finding the physical location for my Disk 3?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there Help finding the physical location for my Disk 3?: I have a bad disk. As can be seen, Properties only offers a logical location. After many years of putzing I have several SATA and IDE controllers. Is there any help, articles, et al for translating the following into a physical location? I have replacement hardware....
  4. Is there Help finding the physical location for my Disk 3?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. WSL Storage Physical Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL Storage Physical Location: My WSL storage says that it can store 1TB, but my PC has only around 200GB remaining on disk D, and 40GB remaining on disk C. Where is that physically stored, and how can I move files from Windows to WSL?...
  6. WSL Storage Physical Location

WSL Storage Physical Location: My WSL storage says that it can store 1TB, but my PC has only around 200GB remaining on disk D, and 40GB remaining on disk C. Where is that physically stored, and how can I move files from Windows to WSL?...
  7. How to change game capture location without physically moving the folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change game capture location without physically moving the folder?: I'm not sure when this happened, but somehow, at some point, the captures folder was set to my temp folderIt seems a result, it has issues saving my captures. I've ignored the issue until this point, but its infuriating at this point to not have a quick way to record a short...
  8. How to change game capture location without physically moving the folder?

How to change game capture location without physically moving the folder?: I'm not sure when this happened, but somehow, at some point, the captures folder was set to my temp folderIt seems a result, it has issues saving my captures. I've ignored the issue until this point, but its infuriating at this point to not have a quick way to record a short...
  9. No physical memory is available at the location required for the Windows Boot Manager. The...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No physical memory is available at the location required for the Windows Boot Manager. The...: I have a Dell Latitude E6530 laptop that somehow went south after a pulled a USB stick out of the computer while the BIOS screen was showing. All the data in all the partitions including Windows 10 PRO are intact. I can view all the files in the directories. The problem is...
  10. No physical memory is available at the location required for the Windows Boot Manager. The...

No physical memory is available at the location required for the Windows Boot Manager. The...: I have a Dell Latitude E6530 laptop that somehow went south after a pulled a USB stick out of the computer while the BIOS screen was showing. All the data in all the partitions including Windows 10 PRO are intact. I can view all the files in the directories. The problem is...