Pick an app in task manager?

Discus and support Pick an app in task manager? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hi I saw four of these running in my task manager. What does it mean? 111519 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Redbatman, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Redbatman Win User

Hi I saw four of these running in my task manager. What does it mean?

:)

Redbatman, Jun 3, 2018
  2. Divya Murugan Win User

Windows 10 self installing apps I have uninstalled!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to end the task in task manager.

• Go to task bar

• Right click on task bar

• Select task manager

• Click on apps and end the task.
    Step 2: Go to appwiz.cpl and locate to the apps, right click on apps and uninstall apps.

If the issue persists I suggest you to create new user account and check if it helps.

Step 3: You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.

• Choose Accounts
      and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.

• Select Add an Account.

• Enter a user name and hit Next.

• Click on Finish.

• Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.

• Check if issue persists.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 4, 2018
  3. Krishna Prasobh V Win User
    Problems with the email app in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update and I apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Mail app and configure the account again. Please follow the steps to uninstall the mail app.

Please follow the following steps:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
      • Click File > Run New Task
      • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
      • Type Powershell.
      • This will open a new powershell.
      • Type the following get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps*

| remove-appxpackage
    After performing uninstallation, I suggest you to reinstall the app from Windows store and check if it helps.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 4, 2018
Thema:

Pick an app in task manager? - Similar Threads - Pick app task

1. How do I Turn Off “Pick Up Where I Left Off” on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I Turn Off “Pick Up Where I Left Off” on Windows 10: Any app or folders I have open pops right back up when I turn on my computer after shutting it down. I have looked around long for a way to disable this new feature but havent been able to do so. I have cortana disabled (as best as I can tell) and yet this feature is enabled....
  2. Cant make windows to pick Zowie Monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Cant make windows to pick Zowie Monitor: Hey out there As seen at the picture. Windows doesnt allow me to change or pick zowie monitor. When i de-aktive it and go to my gfx properties it doesnt appear, when i aktive the pnp-screen Zowie appear, but it to change from 60 mhz to 144mhz it wont save. Ive tried...
  3. How to pick the "right" Windows Recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to pick the "right" Windows Recovery: Hi everybody, I have Windows 10 v.1703 Creators, but when I start Windows Recovery (Restart+shift key) and open the command prompt, I get a There are no administrators message. If I create a Recovery USB Drive (with recoverydrive.exe on the same system), boot from it...
  4. Windows 10 Feedback Hub picks up comment reply feature

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Feedback Hub picks up comment reply feature: Microsoft recently pushed out an update for the Feedback Hub on both Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile, adding in a new comment reply for Fast Ring Windows Insiders (via Aggiornamenti Lumia.) This much-needed feature was long requested by Windows Insiders, helping make the...
  5. Windows 10 Rs: “Pick up where I left off” app syncing between devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Rs: “Pick up where I left off” app syncing between devices: Windows 10 Redstone: “Pick up where I left off” app syncing between devices I have already written about Continuum improvements coming to Redstone in the past, but more details regarding app syncing between devices is now coming to light. According to my sources who...
  6. Turn On or Off Cortana Pick up where I left off in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Cortana Pick up where I left off in Windows 10: Hi, Shawn I just decided to set this up on my main system and on my laptop(actually they're sync'd so it was done automatically), and it was neat. I was doing some system maintenance on both, and this list it creates, with the option to open any programs run on the other...
  7. Windows 10 Redstone: “Pick up where I left off” app syncing between de

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Redstone: “Pick up where I left off” app syncing between de: I have already written about Continuum improvements coming to Redstone in the past, but more details regarding app syncing between devices is now coming to light. According to my sources who are familiar with the matter, upcoming improvements to Continuum will introduce “OS X...