Windows 10: Pick your own color for the windows

Discus and support Pick your own color for the windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I do not loke the preset 49 (at this moment) colors which Windows 10 offers. The default grey is too depressing and the colors are much too bright for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BenjaminB, Aug 1, 2016.

1. BenjaminB Win User

Pick your own color for the windows

I do not loke the preset 49 (at this moment) colors which Windows 10 offers. The default grey is too depressing and the colors are much too bright for me. Windows 7 offered very good tools to choose any color for the windows: a nice figure with all colors in it and a few sliders with which you could tune it, one more slider for the level of transparancy. I like a soft light blue color for the windows, comparable to what the blue sky looks like on an autumn day. Or maybe the brown them which was available in Windows 8.

Someone pointed out this command to enter a hidden menu in Setting: rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl,Advanced,@Advanced
    Unfortunately this seems to not work that efficiently. Whatever I do I can't get the color I like and the colors always seem much too bright for me. I notice that the color on the windows is much brighter than that on the taskbar. The steps with the slider are too big and if you gently move the second or third slider in one direction with the keyboardarrows you notice that the color jumps all over the place, like there is some underflow error problem when you move the slider to the right.

Is there any way to use something like this to pick your color?

Pick your own color for the windows [​IMG]

Within the control panel you can only use this to pick the color of your desktop background, I would like to apply this color to the windows.

Alternatively, is it possible to just enter the RGB-values and possibly the level of transparancy in the register myself? I could use some other tool to find out the values I like.

:)

BenjaminB, Aug 1, 2016
  2. ConiGL Win User

After Fall Creator Update, Cortona search box is now white

This will not give you back the grey box and is just a workaround to have a different color, but if you go to settings >>personalize>>colors>> and pick your own color instead of letting windows pick automatically , then scroll down and check the box that
    says show in ...put a checkmark in start taskbar and action center then it will be the color you choose. The whole taskbar will be one color this way but it looks better than the white one. Hope this helps.

ConiGL, Aug 1, 2016
  3. Background color in start menu and setting changed from blue to red, but not by me.

Hi Edward,

The changes you see might occur if the option “Automatically pick an accent color from the my background” is swipe/switched on.

Go to Settings > Personalization > Colors, and then choose your own color, or let Windows pull an accent color from your background.

For further reference refer the below help article :

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-your-desktop-background-and-colors#v1h=tab02

Keep us informed with status of your background and color settings issue.

Akheel Ahmed, Aug 1, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, got a bit lost on which particular area of windows you are interested in:
    See
    'Personalize (classic)' context menu - Add in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    to get sliders back

Qttabbar (free) allows you to set the background for explorer and control panel windows which is otherwise a bright off-white.

I use a reg. hack to set the same colour for many other areas unaffected by this.

Also see
    Inactive Title Bar Color - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    to colour inactive title bars
    (which you can do with a registry hack too).

Pick your own color for the windows [​IMG]

Normally there'd be some transparency in the title bars too thanks to Aeroglass, but I'll have to wait for that to be updated for the anniversary edition.

(You'll note some Win 7 style icons too).

dalchina, Aug 2, 2016
Thema:

1. Pick your own color for the windows - Similar Threads - Pick own color

2. What's your fav color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's your fav color: Bshsgsvsh https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-your-fav-color/73687725-0fa9-43b7-9e92-23a1c5aca4a8
  3. Color Profile Settings Change On Their Own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Color Profile Settings Change On Their Own: I created a custom ICC profile for my monitor, but it doesn't stay applied when I reboot. I have to go into my display settings each time to correct it. I don't have to actually change the profile in the settings, just the act of opening the settings window makes it correct...
  4. Color Profile Settings Change On Their Own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Color Profile Settings Change On Their Own: I created a custom ICC profile for my monitor, but it doesn't stay applied when I reboot. I have to go into my display settings each time to correct it. I don't have to actually change the profile in the settings, just the act of opening the settings window makes it correct...
  5. Color Profile Settings Change On Their Own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Tagging your own files in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tagging your own files in Windows Explorer: Windows 10 - When using Explorer, I can add columns to the view and some will say Category, Flag Color, Tags, etc. But there is no obvious way to mark these to facilitate searching and sorting. For example, Using Flag Color - Can I assign colors for files of different...
  7. What happened? Start color changed on it's own!

in Windows 10 Customization
    What happened? Start color changed on it's own!: The first pic is the start page image is from my laptop. This is what my desktop also looked like. Today I'm suddenly have problems with the desk top, one being the look of the Start page which has changed to gray on it's own. What's up? There was a recent update. [img]...
  8. Search for your own question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Search for your own question: How/where can one search for ones own question. I asked why my Office 7 can not open networked files since the last Windows update. I keep getting emails from this site that my question has been answered.. but the link goes to the thread I guess but to find my question...
  9. Color changed on its own

Color changed on its own: Recent update has made the background in file explorer black. Can I change it back to white? It is very hard on my eyes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-changed-on-its-own/b948612d-ae00-4c54-a358-3194808c09bb
  10. W10, Theme, Pick Color, crashes to desktop

W10, Theme, Pick Color, crashes to desktop: W10 > All Settings > Personalization > Colors > Custom Color .... Crashes app to the desktop. Anyone else have this issue? Should this be posted elsewhere, or even at MS for this issue? D1id1hNBCeg 115694