Windows 10: Pics from Iphones are either rotated or upside down

Discus and support Pics from Iphones are either rotated or upside down in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I receive email with an image, it is sometimes correct in orientation, but more likely will be rotated 90 either way or 180 degrees. 90+% of the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by meebers, Nov 15, 2016.

1. meebers Win User

Pics from Iphones are either rotated or upside down

When I receive email with an image, it is sometimes correct in orientation, but more likely will be rotated 90 either way or 180 degrees. 90+% of the time they are from an iPhone. I look at pics posted on craigslist and a lot of pics are rotated. I "believe" iphones have a auto rotate so that the user never knows??? Is it just my machines or??

I also receive text attachments from iPhone users on every email, which when opened, say "~sent from my iPhone~"

:)

meebers, Nov 15, 2016

2. On board camera on ASUS K52

I believe your answer pertains to a "still" picture. I do know how to rotate pics. my question is for the on-board camera which shows me upside down. Any help in that regard would be appreciated.

MarkLeeClark, Nov 15, 2016
  3. N82 took upside down or rotated photos...

at least that only happens to you twice, the E66 that i have happens all the time...

desperately waiting for a software upgrade...

friedbrains, Nov 15, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Not all of the images I received that are "sent from my cellphone" are rotated so I assume the user of the devices have determined which way to hold their device to get them matched with how a computer displays them. Or that their device has a setting for how the images are saved/edited.

Berton, Nov 15, 2016
  5. meebers Win User
    I try to at least "preview" them before they are sent?

meebers, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Pics from Iphones are either rotated or upside down - Similar Threads - Pics Iphones are

2. My Screen is upside down! Landscape is upside down, Landscape (Flipped) is right side up.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Screen is upside down! Landscape is upside down, Landscape (Flipped) is right side up.: My Screen is upside down! Landscape is upside down, Landscape (Flipped) is right side up, also the touchscreen is exactly opposite. I have done a fresh install of windows and the problem remains. Desktop Resolution seems to be correct at 1280 x 800 but Active...
  3. why are all my pics upside down

why are all my pics upside down: I put all the pictures on a disk to have prints made. they are slide show is showing everything upside down. How do I change the entire disk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-all-my-pics-upside-down/8039b710-6563-4821-b192-d1f9190d244d
  4. skype camera upside down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    skype camera upside down: Skype camera upside down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-camera-upside-down/fd60a2da-69a0-4904-82cd-ff57d07b674d
  5. Upside down thumbnails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upside down thumbnails: I have just got a Samsung Edge phone, and when I download photos to my laptop, all the thumbnails are upside down, although the photos are the right way up. This doesn't happen when I download from my 'proper' camera, only from phone. Any suggestions appreciated as this is...
  6. camera shows upside down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera shows upside down: camera shows upside down windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-shows-upside-down/2728899f-5783-4c45-94f9-f12dec0ea839
  7. Display turned upside down

Display turned upside down: How to correct the display picture normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/display-turned-upside-down/1141517d-2ebc-4675-8a97-906e8800d82b
  8. Download pics from iPhone via USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Download pics from iPhone via USB: For whatever reason I cant download pics/vids from my iPhone. I have had this computer for quite some time and have just recently upgraded to W10. I cant download pics from my iPhone. I have found a dozen tutorials on this both on the web and on this site to no avail. I...
  9. External monitor rotates upside down when I turn off built in display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    External monitor rotates upside down when I turn off built in display: Hi, I am running W10 and whenever I have an external monitor connected to a Dell Inspiron 7348 laptop and choose show only on monitor 2 or I close the laptop lid which disable the laptop screen, the 2nd monitor turns upside down. I have updated drivers. I also have auto...
  10. Laptop screen upside down

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop screen upside down: Have a customer with a Windows 10 Toshiba laptop that the Login screen is upside down. He's in D.C. and I'm in Florida so trying to help over the phone. Screen is the first screen with the circle and half circle and login. When he tries to login in, it has incorrect...