Windows 10: Picture extensions not recognized in Windows 10

Discus and support Picture extensions not recognized in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Okay after installing some stuff into my computer, and messing up my pictures registry, and trying out Regedit exe, my Windows 10 no longer recognizes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by OtherWay1982, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Picture extensions not recognized in Windows 10

Okay after installing some stuff into my computer, and messing up my pictures registry, and trying out Regedit exe,
    my Windows 10 no longer recognizes pictures for what they are, instead i get this message

Picture extensions not recognized in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Picture extensions not recognized in Windows 10 [​IMG]

I thought at first this was a issue with GIMP2. when i tried to drag and drop in a jpeg, id get some error message from Gimp2 itself.

But my efforts to further fix this has made it worse.

:)

OtherWay1982, Jun 15, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 15, 2018
  3. Pictures in Windows 10

Hi Sugar,

Apologize for the late reply.

Are you able to find other files and folders on Windows 10?

I suggest you to have a look for Windows 8.1 pictures in Windows.old folder.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + E keys to open Windows explorer
    • Press C:\ Drive
    • under C: drive look for Windows.old folder
    • open users under Windows.old

Try the search for pictures in here.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Jun 15, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

Picture extensions not recognized in Windows 10

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 15, 2018
Thema:

Picture extensions not recognized in Windows 10

1. Picture extensions not recognized in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Picture extensions recognized

2. Windows 10 picture.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 picture.: Photo app cut option opens and closes immediately like a flash. I need to use this I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-picture/c4e6b1d6-2923-48d8-87a5-6e560b9a2e59
  3. Windows 10 picture.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 picture.: Photo app cut option opens and closes immediately like a flash. I need to use this I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-picture/c4e6b1d6-2923-48d8-87a5-6e560b9a2e59
  4. .php is not recognized as a file extension by windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .php is not recognized as a file extension by windows 11: I HAVE BEEN BANGING MY HEAD FOR WEEKS NOW BUT I CAN'T SOLVE THIS PROBLEM! Whenever I try to choose the default app for the .php extension, .php doesn't show up in the list of extensions. HOW TO SOLVE THIS!?!...
  5. .php is not recognized as a file extension by windows 11

.php is not recognized as a file extension by windows 11: I HAVE BEEN BANGING MY HEAD FOR WEEKS NOW BUT I CAN'T SOLVE THIS PROBLEM! Whenever I try to choose the default app for the .php extension, .php doesn't show up in the list of extensions. HOW TO SOLVE THIS!?!...
  6. My 20M USBA Extension NOT recognized with a specific Model 450G2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My 20M USBA Extension NOT recognized with a specific Model 450G2: Dear community, I am using 5 different models of laptops HP 6560, HP 4540s, HP 450g2, HP 450 g5, and Lenovo E570 with Windows 10 Education, the latest version. I have fixed a Webcam Logi C922 in the ceiling of the room connected to a 20 meters USB extension cable. The...
  7. Picture It! for Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Picture It! for Windows 10: Is there anything that will replace Picture It! for editing AND printing different size pictures? I have Picture It 2000, and Picture It 7.0 and neither will work with Windows 10...
  8. Cannot open pictures; names & extensions have changed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open pictures; names & extensions have changed: These used to be pictures. I can't open them. I don't know how this happened. HELP! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-pictures-names-extensions-have-changed/221d31a7-bd2f-4d4c-9aba-17864761ba62"
  9. Windows 10 - Pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - Pictures: How can I stop Pictures to import unwanted images from other files and folders ? I want to import only selected images I need for making videos and slide shows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pictures/bc2d6232-e86b-48f1-a3a2-884a15d494ed"
  10. Changing extension on Windows 10

Changing extension on Windows 10: I recently had to reset my windows 10 due to malware. When I went to open my excel spreadsheets I was faced with a n "open with". I was unable to open with the selection provided so I went to the store and selected an xlsx extension. Now I find that it does not provide the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone pic extension

2. windows 10 .gbr extension not recognised